Project: Restoration of 1986 Maruti Suzuki Gypsy

At this time of the year, when there is a nippiness in the morning breeze, when the sun is out to tickle your nomadic quest, when the sky is a clear blue that could only be matched by a child's imagination in his drawing book, when the clouds tell you "go ahead, we wont take a leak on you", when the birds chirp over your head as you look up at the sky, when the world is covered with a blanket of morning laziness, when the darkness of the night feels haunting but not threatening, when the haziness of the morning fog could be penetrated only with one's curiosity, at this time of the year, I wish I had a Gypsy.

There's a Gypsy in everyone.

Attachments

Thread Starter #124
Congo Feromv.
Now the Gypsy has started taking its true shape.
Alloys planned?
Which color planned?
No alloys.
Color is White
pics are on the way.
Hi Feromv,

In regards with the body Lift is it possible will other Cars. I have a Sierra and have 265-65/R15 tyres on it. At times the tyre touches the body on speed brakers.

Another question will the body lift have an effect on assembling the other part on the body/ chassis?

Regards,

Sierra King
Body lift can be done on vehicles with Body on frame construction.
possible for sierra.
please check whether the wheel touches side or upper part of wheel well before doing any modification.
For our Gypsy no assembling problems. Don't know about sierra.
Loving it. Eagerly waiting for the final pics. It's always an emotional moment to see a dilapidated car made new and running on the road again. All the best !
Thanks buddy.
Today I read the whole thread. And should I say I am loving the each and every post, pics, replies in this thread.

Have bookmarked the thread, so that i dont loose the sight of the updates :-)
Thanks for all of your support.
Lots of work required to do this job. good luck man :)

and good on you
Thanks man.
hey I am passing your place every weekend on the way., one day give me a spin :)
[cheers] sure,call me on your next visit.
will PM you my number.
At this time of the year, when there is a nippiness in the morning breeze, when the sun is out to tickle your nomadic quest, when the sky is a clear blue that could only be matched by a child's imagination in his drawing book, when the clouds tell you "go ahead, we wont take a leak on you", when the birds chirp over your head as you look up at the sky, when the world is covered with a blanket of morning laziness, when the darkness of the night feels haunting but not threatening, when the haziness of the morning fog could be penetrated only with one's curiosity, at this time of the year, I wish I had a Gypsy.

There's a Gypsy in everyone.
Where did you get the Gypsy brochure ?
Is it 410's or 413's?

Attachments

Hope the job is complered feromv.

Hope you enjoy the final shapping , its a fun to watch the last minute jobs!

Hi Feromv,

In regards with the body Lift is it possible will other Cars. I have a Sierra and have 265-65/R15 tyres on it. At times the tyre touches the body on speed brakers.

Another question will the body lift have an effect on assembling the other part on the body/ chassis?

Regards,

Sierra King
Mine has 235/70 r16.
it doesnt touch upper body.

But did touch the foot step(sumo's) , that too only on lifting the car. that is when articulated.
also on rear mud flap , bolt's head.

i have shortened the foot step and removed the rear mud flap in total.
As its metal bumper , while the body work is done , i'll make some adjusment that time , though no issues now , the gap between rear wheel and starting for rear bumper is very little

ilango[speed thirst];127587 said:
Hope the job is complered feromv.

Hope you enjoy the final shapping , its a fun to watch the last minute jobs!

Mine has 235/70 r16.
it doesnt touch upper body.

But did touch the foot step(sumo's) , that too only on lifting the car. that is when articulated.
also on rear mud flap , bolt's head.

i have shortened the foot step and removed the rear mud flap in total.
As its metal bumper , while the body work is done , i'll make some adjusment that time , though no issues now , the gap between rear wheel and starting for rear bumper is very little

Thanks [:)]

Top Bottom