Problems with Fiat Grande Punto 90HP

Thread Starter #1
Hey all,

I am new to this forum, however I need your suggestions and advice in maintaining the femme fatale (Red Punto 90HP).

There are quite a few things that I am not concerned about, which are :

There is a rattling sound that comes from the left side of the car, I have mentioned the same to the Service center and they said it was because of the AC duct pipe not fixed properly and despite of they claiming to fix it, the sound sill exists.

Being in Mumbai, you cant avoid rains and the beauty / mess it creates. And it was just rains which made me notice the problems related to the wipers. Its a twofold problem as first the viper blade vibrates a lot and second there is a screeching sound on the smaller viper blade and the rear viper blade. Again this problem has been unresolved by the service center. And

Finally coming to the cabin noise at times, although its not regular, but when its there its a pain.

Require your suggestions and solutions for the mentioned issues.

Hello from a fellow 90 hp Punter, from mumbai.

When I first read your title, I was worried. I started imagining what must have went wrong. But after reading your post, I was smiling.

But these are not "problems", they are just "niggles", which can be easily fixed.

1) Rattling from the left side - try a different A.S.S.? Where did you go the last time?

2) Your wiper plate has become "hard". Replace it.

3) I dint understand your last issue regarding the cabin noise.

Cabin noise in punto 90hp will be prominent untill 10000km.Then it will get reduced gradually. by second service with oil change it will be alright.
being a powerful diesal car there are certain limitation for noise unlike petrol cars which are barely audible sometimes.

All the issues you are facing right now are minor ones.

Finally coming to the cabin noise at times, although its not regular, but when its there its a pain.
By cabin noise, you mean the outside noise or the engine noise. If it is engine noise, then rest assured it will come down after the first service. Further more, Punto90HP has better cabin insulation than many cars in the segment.

Thread Starter #7
Hello from a fellow 90 hp Punter, from mumbai.

When I first read your title, I was worried. I started imagining what must have went wrong. But after reading your post, I was smiling.

But these are not "problems", they are just "niggles", which can be easily fixed.

1) Rattling from the left side - try a different A.S.S.? Where did you go the last time?

2) Your wiper plate has become "hard". Replace it.

3) I dint understand your last issue regarding the cabin noise.
Hi Raj, I understand these are niggles and believe me its irritating. I have done roughly 20000 odd km on my car (I love to drive) I have tried, Galaxy Motors (purchased the car from there) and then the Worli Service center for the second service, however both of them are horrible.

when I mentioned Cabin noise, I meant the noise from the engine, road and outside vehicles. Sometimes its really loud and at times its almost negligible (And in almost similar conditions) That has made me a bit curious and concerned.

Cabin noise in punto 90hp will be prominent untill 10000km.Then it will get reduced gradually. by second service with oil change it will be alright.
being a powerful diesal car there are certain limitation for noise unlike petrol cars which are barely audible sometimes.
Already done 20k, and I know diesel will be a bit noisy, however I am not talking about the constant noise.

All the issues you are facing right now are minor ones.

By cabin noise, you mean the outside noise or the engine noise. If it is engine noise, then rest assured it will come down after the first service. Further more, Punto90HP has better cabin insulation than many cars in the segment.
Wiper and Rattling noise are minor, however I am more concerned on the irregular cabin noise, I just mentioned.

Hi Raj, I understand these are niggles and believe me its irritating. I have done roughly 20000 odd km on my car (I love to drive) I have tried, Galaxy Motors (purchased the car from there) and then the Worli Service center for the second service, however both of them are horrible.
Try Fortune Cars in Powai (Saki Vihar road). They are, i believe, good.

Noise & NVH levels in Punto (especially 90 hp) should be really less, though I am not sure to which car are you comparing it with... Its lesser than a innova, scorpio, polo, etc.

Thread Starter #9
Try Fortune Cars in Powai (Saki Vihar road). They are, i believe, good.

Noise & NVH levels in Punto (especially 90 hp) should be really less, though I am not sure to which car are you comparing it with... Its lesser than a innova, scorpio, polo, etc.
I will try fortune for sure. I have heard about Balaji Motors Thane as well. any idea on it.

also, I know this is not the right forum for ICE, though I saw your ICEd punto and loved it. Can u help me with details of the person from where it was done?

Firstly i would welcome you to the TAI, and now let me tell you that Rajeev bro is correct. These issues are minor ones and if you find noise on the higher side then you can get the damping done using DAMPMAT( cheapest and reliable) and under body rust coating( it would help in reducing the road noise).
Now the wipers just get them replaced with some good brand like Sparko, Dynaedge, and you would be fine.

Firstly i would welcome you to the TAI, and now let me tell you that Rajeev bro is correct. These issues are minor ones and if you find noise on the higher side then you can get the damping done using DAMPMAT( cheapest and reliable) and under body rust coating( it would help in reducing the road noise).
Now the wipers just get them replaced with some good brand like Sparko, Dynaedge, and you would be fine.
Look at the post date buddy... these are 2 years old!

Top Bottom