Problem in RPM Functioning of Tata Indigo

Thread Starter #1
My car's(Tata IndigoCS-TDI, 2008) RPM meter goes down at the time when battery indicator blinks at the instrument panel. It sometimes work properly and again goes down.
My battery is healthy and reads 12.9V

Please help.

Re: RPM Functioning

Also check the alternator, whether it is able to generate the power required by the electrical load on the car.

Let us know the readings across the battery when the car is started. It should be around 14 volts.

Thread Starter #5
Hi guys, i visited TASS yesturday for the same problem. They said alternator needs repair for which labour charge is 700/- plus the cost of parts(TVS brand) with 14% VAT on them.

But the same happened 2 years ago and car run 20k since last repair of alternator, Which was done in front of me by a local mechanic/electrition for 350/-(labour charges). I bought 3 TVS parts(cant remember the names) costion some 1500/-

Its 94k on ODO, shall i go for repair or buy new alternator.
If i get it repaired shall i go to TASS which charge much more than the local electretion.

Thanks varun linkin codename for the help

Its valuable to purchase a new alternator if you wish to keep your car for another 50k kms. Otherwise, repair your alternator to a local electrician.

Thread Starter #7
if i repair, is it going to give only 20k of service?
Also what might be the cost of a new alternator for indigoCS TDI.
please help me in this regard.

Last edited:

Top Bottom