Premium V/S Normal Diesel - Which is Better?

Which Super Diesel is better

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Guys what is the difference between above mentioned and normal diesel.
In what way they differ.
And does filling both type of diesel reduces mileage?

And which brand you fill the most.

Last edited:
Xtra Mile n group are higher octane.
I dont think fillin both types will hurt FE. Mileage ddepends on how much you drive.

@ arkin: Xtra Mile cannot be higher octane. octane number is for petrols. diesels have cetane numbers. anyways, Xtra Mile is not at all higher cetane. it just has certain additives added to remove carbon deposits & other impurities.

@ mukesh: avoid filling these premium diesels everytime. both mahindra & toyota recommends to fill normal diesel. we never fill these premium diesels & our cars are running properly. i fill from Indian oil bunk everytime. my scorpio runs the smoothest with its normal diesel.

Fill normal diesel , because other diesel are prone to give troubles .

All service station have a history of problem with cars filled with so called turbo etc

(i know a crap indicab driver who believe that filling turbo jet to his indica will convert that to hmm say a dlg model with turbo hehe)

Yeah as per Raj's point they are just additives to clean up the carbon and other pipes. You could use a diesel additive once in a while for that purpose.

avoid filling these premium diesels everytime. both mahindra & toyota recommends to fill normal diesel. we never fill these premium diesels & our cars are running properly. i fill from Indian oil bunk everytime. my scorpio runs the smoothest with its normal diesel.
Exactly guys. As per a study which analysed these premium fuels, these so called "ADDITIVES" dont enhance the engine performance in any way.
Once even Mr.Tutu Dhawan (Car Expert) said that these fuels are just a way of making money and the genuine price of such fuels is nothing more than 10p/litre more than regular fuel(Petrol or Diesel).
Even i avoid using these premiums for my rides(not even for my bike).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thank you for all the reply guys, As recently i filled my vehicle with Turbo jet.
And i didn't get normal diesel.
Why i created this thread was i will not able to get premium diesel outside city.
So wanted to know whether using 2 types of diesel in case of non availability of premium diesel, would there be any drop in mileage.
As i have planned a trip to Goa.
As during purchase i was told by the dealer, That if i fill with Premium diesel then i can continue with the same.
As using both type of diesel would reduce the mileage.
So i will go for normal diesel from here on.

i am using normal diesel in my safari from day i brought it . I got good mileage . many diesel owner told me not to go for these premium as these are poison for engine but still don't know how much truth this hold .

Yes even i fill only normal fuel for all my rides! Only in the case of non-availability due to strikes i am forced to fill these premium fuels!

Re: Hi-Speed Diesel / Turbo-Jet/ Xtra-Mile Vs Normal Diesel

I support to. In verna crdi i will fill only normal diesel only

Last edited by a moderator:

i had filled my new vw vento with xtra mile diesel thinking that it might be helpful during the initial running in period for the engine. i gather that its not so & have decided to go for the normal ones in the future.

Even I use normal diesel andI get good milage , but some of the bunks just say they don't have normal fuel just to push their product, this has happened to me in Tiruchy, madhurai, even while driving to goa . indian Oil bunks say if we fill xtra mile diesel/ petrol for more than 1000rs we'll get free nitrogen for tyres :rolleyes:

I use normal diesel for my cars ,these diesel's with additives(tried all company's) cause my car's to give black smoke,increased engine noise and reduced average.These are completely my observations.
Hyundai Dealer recommends normal diesel whereas Maruti Dealer says use whichever diesel you want [confused] so i use normal diesel.

I have personally experienced this. Normal diesel is much smoother. I filled turbojet in my last tank fill and I am waiting to get rid of this. The pickup has reduced and you feel that you are hauling a train behind your car. I was doing brilliant with the normal diesel. I don't know what came in my mind and I tanked up Turnojet[frustration]

Last 5 yrs or so I have been filling only turbojet in my old Indica V2 & finally sold as the workshop people tld me that the fip pump needs servicing or replacement, which will cost a bomb hence I sold & got a new manza now.

The Tata dealer when handing the keys for my new Manza told me that quadrajet
engine does not need premium fuel you can use normal diesel too without a
problem, My 1st tank full have done me 700kms (still some fuel left for 98kms)&
today I did tank full again all normal diesel due to this thread.

I was told elsewhere that
The Manza has a common rail engine, and the diesel is injected at very high
pressures, so injectors are not likely to be blocked by use of normal diesel. TVS FIP service center told that premium diesel results in the FIP seals becoming hard and leaking, do not know how far this is true.
Now My indica did develop teh same leaking problems & FIP pump wanting service at 100000 kms, not sure if the above is true & turbojet was the probable cause of this malfunctioning.

Why most of the people think Hi-Speed is good normal diesel is bad
I use only normal diesel because it is sufficient for diesel vehicle(Understand from this forum)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom