Premium V/S Normal Diesel - Which is Better?

Which Super Diesel is better

• Total voters
Advs of Premium Fuels

With TURBOJET, The solution is easily available. Turbojet has been specially formulated to tackle the formation of deposits and other related problems in diesel engines

In fact, TURBOJET not only removes the existing deposits, but also prevents the formation of new deposits. Thus ensuring that your vehicle’s engine remains free from deposits at all times and results in peak engine performance.

However it could take one or two tank fills of turbojet before you notice any benefits. This is because it will take a little while before the existing deposits are cleaned and completely removed. You can be sure of one thing though. The consistent use of Turbojet will result in improved performance from your vehicle.

Advantages

Keeps the fuel injector clean
Protects engines parts from corrosion
Prevents formation of fuel water emulsion
Reduces foaming
Enhances fuel pump life
Reduces exhaust emission

TurboJet - Our Offerings - TurboJet :: Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited

Which fuel is better guys ?? Getting confused [confused].

Thread Starter #35
I fill my Hawk with Normal diesel, as when i visit outside states i won't get the premium fuels.

So i am with normal diesel...

Re: Premium Diesel

Is there any rationality of using premium diesel in your car ?
Which car needs it and who uses it ?[drive]
Use premium diesel only if your car manufacturer strictly recommends it. Same applies to premium petrol. I am not aware of any diesel car requiring premium fuel. I do know that some petrol cars are required to use high octane (premium) petrol as per guidelines in the car manual.

Now with Premium about Rs.17 per litre costlier the whole discussion is academic. If you want additives used Iftex System D.

is IFtex system good for maruti diesel cars
due to more of carbon collection in diesel engines
is this something needed as regular maintenance check or good for life time
sgiitk sir can you throw some light on this

Re: 1000 KM Tour To Mount Abu, Rajasthan

Why you should avoid using "Premium" Diesel

It’s natural for most car lovers to get tempted in choosing premium diesel. After all, we love our car, so why not feed it with a diet of premium fuel like Xtra mile, Turbojet or Hi-speed? It’s human tendency to be swayed by deceptive marketing claims and the belief that a higher price usually means a superior product. Oil companies keep harping on their claims of better fuel efficiency & an increase in power from their premium range of fuels.

Do these fuels deliver on their promise? In one word, NO. Premium diesel is basically regular diesel with some cleaning additives thrown in. They do nothing to enhance the power or fuel economy of your car. Fact is, when the oil companies were pulled up by the MRTPC (Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Commission), they were unable to prove that premium fuels make good on any of their claims. Oil companies don’t even share the exact chemicals that are used to formulate premium diesel. It is noteworthy to mention that all of them source detergent-based additives manufactured by Afton Chemical (part of the NewMarket Corp).

Car manufacturers such as Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Toyota, Ford, Skoda, Mercedes, BMW etc. strongly discourage the use of premium diesel in their cars. Makers of the national engines of India (Fiat 1.3L MJD & Nissan 1.5L DCi) do NOT recommend using premium diesel either.

Some car owners have reported excessive exhaust smoke after using premium diesel. A few others have complained of damage to components in the fuel delivery system, including the fuel injection pump and fuel injectors. Modern common-rail diesel engines operate within fine tolerances. Your motor was engineered to consume regular diesel only. In the worst case scenario, you might end up with damaged mechanicals due to premium diesel. In the best case, you won’t gain anything. With premium diesel, you have a lot to lose, and nothing to gain.

What should I do then?

This is one of those situations where cheaper is actually better!

It’s very simple: Pure, regular diesel is what goes into your car. Purity of fuel is of utmost importance here. It’s generally recommended to fill up at company-owned & company-operated pumps. Once you find a reliable petrol pump selling unadulterated diesel, stick to it.
Source: www.t*******.com

AMG

Suspended
Re: 1000 KM Tour To Mount Abu, Rajasthan

I dont know from where you source your info from, but the fact is that premium fuels are higher octane, and higher octane fuel is always better than lower octane, until and unless you go over the manufacturer specified limit. Period.

My Skoda has specified 95 octane fuel, and where I get, I feed it to her. And I feel the difference.

Top Bottom