Premium V/S Normal Diesel - Which is Better?

Which Super Diesel is better

• Total voters
Best Fuel (Diesel)

Frenz, please advise on the best or most recommended Diesel in India. I am sure, many would say Shell… But considering the huge cost difference with fellow dealers (about 10 Rs), its not viable [thumbsdown].

1. Which is the best in your experience (IOC/BPCL/HPCL)? And Why?

2. Any COCO Pumps in Pune?

Thanx – Figoian [drive]

Re: Best Fuel (Diesel)

Lemme start it myself [clap]. I have been using IOC Normal Diesel almost all the times and have tried BP & HP couple of times. Any better suggestions are appriciated.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Premium VS Normal Diesel - Which is Better?

Hi 350Z: Thanks for merging the thread. Whats your suggestion on this?
Please stick with the normal Diesel. That’s what most of us here would recommend. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Agreed 350Z. Even I am using Normal Diesel only. However, my question was different and it wasnt about Normal Diesel or Premium.

1. Which is the best brand comparatively (IOC/BPCL/HPCL)? And Why?

2. Any recomended COCO Pumps in Pune?

Thanx - Figoian.

hey buddy i dont know if theres any special difference in all these but i have seen many people using xtramile..btw whats COCO pumps??

Thread Starter #23

hey buddy i dont know if theres any special difference in all these but i have seen many people using xtramile..btw whats COCO pumps??
COCO stands for "Company owned Company operated" outlets.
Which can be defined as building trust among customers of delivering right quantity of fuel.

I use Normal diesel for my Scorpio, thats what is recommended in the service manual by Mahindra.

Any COCO in Bangalore city limits ? I usually fill at Sri Sai Keerthi pump in 9th block, pretty decent guys. Also because its IOC my Citibank card gives me double the points which can be redeemed for fuel [;)]

Agreed 350Z. Even I am using Normal Diesel only. However, my question was different and it wasnt about Normal Diesel or Premium.

1. Which is the best brand comparatively (IOC/BPCL/HPCL)? And Why?

2. Any recomended COCO Pumps in Pune?

Thanx - Figoian.
Hi Figoian,

Personally i prefer IOC outlets. Difference what i understand from some sources is that BP/HP expands presense on franchisee network as well and a petrol pump (BP) near my house was shut down twice due to irregularity in the quality of fuel and mixing. I wonder how he started again but its the fact and was covered in news papers as well. Coming back to the point, franchisee's are more prone to do such things than company owned and managed outlets.

This might have no relation over fuel quality at all other BP/HP pumps and may not be true with all franchisee's but, i use IOC only.

Thread Starter #26

I use Normal diesel for my Scorpio, thats what is recommended in the service manual by Mahindra.

Any COCO in Bangalore city limits ? I usually fill at Sri Sai Keerthi pump in 9th block, pretty decent guys. Also because its IOC my Citibank card gives me double the points which can be redeemed for fuel [;)]
One IOC next to Reliance fresh in BTM Layout is an COCO bunk.

Other one is Advaith bunk of BPCL in Jaynagar 4th Block.

I usually fill at BPCL(Park view Station) near Sagar Automobiles service centre.

All the buses and cabbies come and fill at this place.

Have another question related to this topic. Would mixing different brands affects the car in anyway? Assume one has half tank with HP Diesel (filled earlier) and tanking up with IOC/BP.

Not sure, so want to get myself updated better.

Have another question related to this topic. Would mixing different brands affects the car in anyway? Assume one has half tank with HP Diesel (filled earlier) and tanking up with IOC/BP.

Not sure, so want to get myself updated better.
Hi Figoian,

These are all Oil marketing companies - IOC/HP/BP

They are selling petrol/diesel produced by refinaries.

For example, Cochin refinary supply diesel at the ratio of 60:20:20 to these companies ie, IOC get 60% of the production, HP and BP get 20% each. From IOC's quota of 60%, small percentage goes to IBP? also.

So its the same diesel. Quality may vary depending on the area management of the respective oil company and monitoring of distribution (adulteration by retailers etc)

So its the same diesel. Quality may vary depending on the area management of the respective oil company and monitoring of distribution (adulteration by retailers etc)
Thanks Autosafari. That was very helpful. [clap]

Re: Best Fuel (Diesel)

Frenz, please advise on the best or most recommended Diesel in India. I am sure, many would say Shell… But considering the huge cost difference with fellow dealers (about 10 Rs), its not viable [thumbsdown].

1. Which is the best in your experience (IOC/BPCL/HPCL)? And Why?
For petrol, I think IOC has more rate than BP & HP pumps. I personally prefer HPCL & BPCL.

2. Any COCO Pumps in Pune?

Thanx – Figoian [drive]
There is BPCL COCO pump bang opp RTO & is very good.
Other good BPCL pump is on LBS Marg, near Kaka Halwai Sweets. It is not COCO but is computerised & really good one.

Top Bottom