Pre Worshipped Cars - Indica Diesel or Estilo VXi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
My best buddy is looking for a 2nd hand car, the same guy who owned the Indica LGi. He made the mistake of selling the Indica in a hurry. Now due to urgent need, he is looking for another. After searching we found one Indica diesel and and Estilo.

Indica is base model diesel. No extra fittings. We have to spend around 25k to pimp it up, audio, seat, etc. Mechanically it is perfect shape. 42k km odo, 6 months of extended warranty left. Fully serviced at SVC. Broker taillamp, ORVM and a poorly dented front fender are the only negative. Assured mileage of 15-18 in city and 20+ on highway. No rattling, no suspension issues. New front tyres and battery. Asking 3 lakhs, final price 2.8.

Estilo top-end K10, VXi. 63k km on odo. Second set of tyres, still good for another 15k km. Mild dents in bumper, will be worked by the dealer before delivery. No clutch, suspension issues. Sony Explod system, USB HU and oval and door speakers. Assured mileage of 17 in mixed condition. If we go for this, we don't have to spend anything extra on the car after delivery. Asking 2.85, final 2.75.

Which one is the better choice?? Usage will be 1.5k km max per month, sometimes 500 a month. Both cars are cheap to maintain so no worries about maintenance. I'm stuck with the Estilo (as I found all the stuffs that I miss in this car (rear wash-wipe, demister, electric mirrors, foglamps) and feel as a better package) and he is with the Indica (He is thinking from the dieselmaniac standpoint only. We can run to Cochin and back in 1k worth diesel, we need 2k worth petrol in case of Estilo, thats what he is thinking of and it happens only once or twice a year only). Please help us resolve this [confused]

Re: Preworshipped cars - Indica diesel or Estilo VXi, which one?

If the monthly avg running is 2k then diesel would be better choice else it can be petrol. As I have personal experience of running diesel cars, it is expensive to maintain compare to petrol cars. So, the only way it will get neutralized is with high usage. Othewise, in the long run, diesel would be expensive to maintain.

he is with the Indica (He is thinking from the dieselmaniac standpoint only. We can run to Cochin and back in 1k worth diesel, we need 2k worth petrol in case of Estilo, thats what he is thinking of and it happens only once or twice a year only).
how long he can avail subsidized diesel ? within one year diesel price will reach near petrol price

Devill

Looking at the scenario, I feel going for Estilo is a good choice as if that Indica is a old model, then you will have lot of surprises with its maintenance of engine. It would have been more easy if you could have mentioned which model Indica it is. So with the details available about Estilo is the best bet, we always tend to think that we use more and more if we buy diesel, but most of the times end up using less !!

Thread Starter #5

deville_56

Honoured Member
Change in scene. Selling bike and going 100% car use 2-2.5k usage monthly. So gonna take a diesel. Searched a lot and found 2 of the best deals.
1. Swift VDi - 2006 - 1.1L km on odo. Asking 4.25L. All jobs done with full service history. Feel like brand new car, except great amount of diesel clatter and conventional Maruti loose sounds. Need new HU and seat covers.
2. Hyundai i20 - 2009 make, 2010 registered. 23k km on odo. Asta CRDi 6-speed. Scratchless, accident free, full history. Asking 5.5L.
Which will be the better deal??

Another Accent Viva CRDi, 90k km on odo. Asking 3L. Is it worth a look??

350Z

Core Team
2. Hyundai i20 - 2009 make, 2010 registered. 23k km on odo. Asta CRDi 6-speed. Scratchless, accident free, full history. Asking 5.5L.
It has to be i20 without a doubt. What’s the reason for selling? Just ensure to verify the history and inspect the mechanicals inside out.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I had a heck of time with an old Indica which I bought and then it broke down every now and then. Be very careful while buying diesel Indica, becuz if you got a lemon then you will end up 50% of the time in garages.

Hyundai i20 is the way to go. The asking price is pretty reasonable compared to the Swift VDi. 1.1Lacs on odo and 4.2lacs is too much for a Swift.
Regarding Accent, please stay away. They are going for throw away price but i have personally seen lot of lemon cases.

Thread Starter #9

deville_56

Honoured Member
i20 odo was reported wrong. It was 83k. Clutch need replacement, but it was pulling like rocket. Car is at Mahindra First Choice. They said clutch will be worked before delivery. Zeroed on the i20, will be paying tomorrow and car will be delivered in 3 days.

350Z

Core Team
i20 odo was reported wrong. It was 83k. Clutch need replacement, but it was pulling like rocket.
Was it a tampered odometer? Stay away if so. Mileage of 83,000 Kms is too much. You can easily bargain to a certain extent.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11

deville_56

Honoured Member
Was it a tampered odometer? Stay away if so. Mileage of 83,000 Kms is too much. You can easily bargain to a certain extent.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Not tampered. The showroom guy was wrong. Is it a risky deal?

Hyundai i20 is the way to go. The asking price is pretty reasonable compared to the Swift VDi. 1.1Lacs on odo and 4.2lacs is too much for a Swift.
Regarding Accent, please stay away. They are going for throw away price but i have personally seen lot of lemon cases.
Lots off accent CRDis lying there. Tempted with Vivas. Regarding Swift, not even a single diesel Swift below 5L in Trivandrum #sad#

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Not tampered. The showroom guy was wrong. Is it a risky deal?
The car has been used extensively. I didn’t had a good experience with First Choice in past. Just beware and perform a thorough inspection before signing the cheque.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

deville_56

Honoured Member
The car has been used extensively. I didn’t had a good experience with First Choice in past. Just beware and do perform a thorough inspection before signing the cheque.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Even we had a bad experience with them, the Indica case itself. Now I am having double mind, buy from them or not.

350Z

Core Team
Even we had a bad experience with them, the Indica case itself. Now I am having double mind, buy from them or not.
There are a lot of models in used car market. It’s not advisable to make decisions in jiffy unless the car looks to be really worth it (at least not this particular model). However, if he’s keen on it, then check the car inside out, take multiple test drives on different terrains until you’re fully satisfied. Last time when I went to inspect a Cedia at First Choice, I returned disappointed. Although the exteriors were polished to make it look like new but the car was in bad shape internally with reversed odo.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey, Devil,

check the car properly, if not it will be heavy on pocket since it is a Hyundai car. Better to catch hold of a good Hyundai mechanic or a mechanic from Hyundai service and inspect it before buying !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom