Pre-delivery ODO reads 448 kms!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion guys! [:)] I have the delivery today, but the car is already registered and very less can be done about it. I am not sure much can be done about it, though am pushing it hard with customer care and Ford's GM! [:)]
Registration can be cancelled. when you register a new car they will enter the new engine and chassis number in the database as all other details will remain the same. Your new car will get the same number. I had a similar problem with my Uno many years ago and this ia exactly what I did.

Thread Starter #17
I again insisted to cancel the delivery, but the showroom manager denied that nothing can be done on his part. He asked me to cooperate with him. I said it's okay, but you need to compensate me with certain things. He has bought time from me to get back!

Showroom manager can't deny the cancellation. Also its his fault.

But, for now, negotiate hard and threaten you will cancel otherwise.

it was already registered, because I paid for it in the overall amount, getting my consent automatically.
Apoorv, have you done the entire payment to the dealer?

I believe he is ready for compensation, well some kind of? If yes, then what should I ask for in compensation? If not, then I should take this to consumer forum (i think it will then harass us further). Definitely it's been a harrowing experience.
IMO try to get all major accessories(in addition to freebies) which you wish to have and try to avail cash discount.

There is least you can do know once the vehicle is registered.

Did you receive the Life time tax paid against the car in your name.

Check it.

If yes then you can't do anything.

Or else you will have to pay the road tax once again and get a new car.

Or they may be trying to sold you the Test drive vehicle.

Thread Starter #21
I took her home. I did threaten the dealers in all the possible ways! But at the end of the day I brought her down home with dad. After all, I was emotionally connected to her while doing the PDI in morning. Several kilometers more are okay... also the senior sales person requested me to cooperate with him! Nothing much we could do post registration. I did ask for alloys and fog lams as compensation, but was denied blatantly. Called up customer care, as the GM didn't talk to me on the phone. So got a call the customer care that we conclude by providing you free sunfilm for the car. [frustration]

BUT THAT'S OKAY! Photo of the sexylita!

Congrats Aroorv.

Since you have collected the car now, so forget about everything and enjoy it.

But I must say the sales manager might have understood that you wouldn't press more thats why they denied the things you asked for.

Anyway, open a new thread once you have some ownership experience.

Congrats dude [thumbsup]. Hope you did a thorough check before taking the delivery. Wish you many happy miles ahead. Do post more pictures and your initial ownership review.

Congratulations Apoorv. However, like others I also feel that you did not take it very seriously with the delear or Ford for that matter.

These people will always pertain to be innocent but in reality they are not. Everyone is out there to make money (Lets be practical). So they will go to any extent to cheat or make more money. You never know, you might visit the delear after one month and find same sales person screwing up with some other customer. This is all their "milly bhagat yaar".

Since it is already clocking 448+kms, ensure that you drive her wisely for initial run in period.

At the end, ENJOY.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you could have done more for yourself. But seems like its too late. Sorry I wasn't able to be around to help you with the issues. My computer had crashed big time.

Last edited:
I would have refused such car doing more kms on ODO, As no one knows how they would have driven those 448 kms.
As the way we drive during 1st 1000 kms matters the most, for engine to run reliably.
The 1st 1000 kms has to be driven like a baby.

Top Bottom