Power Windows and Engine Sound

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Recently, when I kept my Alto LXi in idling and operated the Power Windows, there was a difference in the sound from the engine like the engine being under strain. Was wondering why? Could anyone throw some light on this?
It is one and a half year old vehicle and had done 12000 kms.

Did you encountered this sound first time ? I mean being a mechanical thing, every time I operate mine. It gives grinding sound but that I can only hear when the engine is off or I am paying extra attention to it.

I never encountered engine being under strain or something. Have you checked your battery (water) ?

Hi All,

Recently, when I kept my Alto LXi in idling and operated the Power Windows, there was a difference in the sound from the engine like the engine being under strain. Was wondering why? Could anyone throw some light on this?
It is one and a half year old vehicle and had done 12000 kms.
No worries
idling , and power window is more load on electrical. which means load on alternator , which is in turn a load on engine.
no worries , just keep driving [cheers]

zengetz

Suspended
This may be off topic but you definitely will feel strain in the movement of the windows when you try to roll multiple windows at the same time.

I personally do not do it. I have seen a few of my friends when they get into the car they press both or maybe even all 4 buttons down together.

I had read in the car manual that this practice should be avoided. one window at a time only.

Thread Starter #5
Hi All,

Thanks for the info, got some peace of mind.

Just some info: I came to know if more than one window is operated at the same time, there is a chance for the fuse to blow. So, make sure that only one is operated at a time.

Top Bottom