Possible Scam Buying Old Car Through OLX, Quikr Etc

An interesting wake up call thread, thanks anshuman for sharing.

I'll give you a small eg which happened with me, you all must be remembering the time we used to get 'inheritance' emails of some person mainly in UK, having left behind a fortune for you.

Well when I was in the Gulf I received a strange email of winning a lottery by the coke cola company in UK, the email was very convincing as it said you have won so many million pounds etc etc, based on your passport (as I used to fly around), and then the usual send your fresh pp copy and address etc.

I got suspicious and called the UK embassy, as one of the emails mentioned price distribution by embassy staff, and talked to the counselor, and I got a Kurt reply, if you haven't bought a lottery just ignore, as in this world you get nothing for free.

That's it, I just started deleting the messages without opening, and the emails slowly stopped.

MORAL OF THE STORY, YOU DON'T GET SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

Regards
Vinod

OT - Olx, Quikr etc - How is their modus operandi? Do they charge for inserting an ad?
ATTENTION PLEASE !!!⚠️
IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT!!! ⚠️⬇️
FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD ⚠️⬇️Hello guys
There is a fraud that is in trending on OLX.
I am a Victim of this Fraud so I am writing this to aware you guys.
If you have posted an add to sell your CAR on OLX, there is a chance that a fraud name “Vishal Pandey” aka ”Tarakeshwar Gorakhnath Pandey” might contact you, he might show interest to buy your car asap.
He might say that he is manager in ICICI bank Nalasopara west branch.
He might come to inspect your car and will finalize it in 10 mins without doing much bargain .
He will say that he will pay you via Demand Draft. As he is working in bank they are allowed to pay via DD or Bankers Cheque. He will ask for your account details to prepare a DD / Bankers Cheque.
If you have a loan on your car he will say he will visit the branch and pay off the loan and rest he will pay in the form of Demand Draft.
If you do not have loan on your car he might pay you certain token amount Via NEFT and rest he will pay you via Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque.
Later he will insist you to give an instant car delivery and ask you for Original Document along with Transfer form and Insurance Copy.
If you agree with him that thinking you had given you a demand Draft (In my case I agreed)& Complete the Formalities . His associates will record the entire process of signing the transfer paper and handing over the car & Keep that as Evidence for future. They will take delivery, signing the Delivery note and would whats app you Addhar Card & Pan Card & take yours.
Now when you visit your bank next day to Deposit DD, your bank might inform you that, this is not a DD instead it is a Normal Cheque of a Saving Account. When you call him and Enquire about the same he will say the cheque belong to his maternal uncle, and it will clear do not worry you can deposit the cheque. When you deposit the Cheque it will get returned stating Signature mismatch or Funds Insufficient.
When you approach Tarakeshwar Pandey, He will give you another cheque which will get dishonored stating that’s Funds insufficient. & later he might give you few more cheques which will get dishonored in the same way. None of his cheque gets cleared. ( If you see his bank statement you will notice cheque in series are getting dishonored, there are no funds in his account still he is issuing cheques)
He might also send you some Fake Screenshot of NEFT. These are Queued Transaction (Standing Instructions) which never get credited to your account.
He might also share Screenshot of YES Bank to prove he has balance in Lacs . ( He would deposit cheque for eg: 500 000/- from his Federal Bank which might have balance of 100/- to his YES bank when the cheque comes for clearing at Yes bank it will display Ledger balance of 500000/- in his YES Bank account. He will take screenshot of it and will share that with every one stating he has balance in his account and will give fake promises.)
All the cheques used for these transactions are from Federal bank Malad West & Thane Manpada Branch & Yes Bank.
He will keep answering all your call and will make fake promises.
He use all this tricks just to consume time, and meanwhile his associate car dealer would sell that car to any third party. (If your car gets transferred you cannot get your car back)
And when you approach the legal system they might tell you this is 138 case of cheque bounce and you need to do it via civil court. When you approach Civil court you have to pay Case fees as well hire advocate and it generally takes around 3 - 6 years for the 138 case to get resolved.
You might not be able to File an FIR or take any Legal Action. Hence you need to rely on fake promises.
Till the time you rely on fake promises. Your car is sold to a third party usually outside states, so it’s very difficult to trace the car.
He does not have a fix address where he can be traced.
The modus operandi of this Crime is to give fake cheques and sell the car outside Maharashtra mainly in UP.

If you have been victim of this type of fraud please contact local authority as soon as possible.
This is a big racket and needs to be exposed.
Many people from Vasai, Nalasopara, Mulund, Thane, Andheri are Victim of this fraud.

I will soon share Contact & Gang members Details of this Fraud.

Tarakeshwar Pandey #Tarakeshwar_Pandey #Tarakeshwar_Gorakhnath_Pandey #Tarakeshwar_Panday #Vishal_Pandey #OLX #OLX_FRAUD #MUMBAI_FRAUD #9867514604 # 8451032034 #mumbai #thane #navimumbai #intimate_fashion #Eagle_eye_consultancy #fraudster #conman #con_person

ATTENTION PLEASE !!!⚠️
IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT!!! ⚠️⬇️
FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD ⚠️⬇️Hello guys
There is a fraud that is in trending on OLX.
I am a Victim of this Fraud so I am writing this to aware you guys.
If you have posted an add to sell your CAR on OLX, there is a chance that a fraud name “Vishal Pandey” aka ”Tarakeshwar Gorakhnath Pandey” might contact you, he might show interest to buy your car asap.
He might say that he is manager in ICICI bank Nalasopara west branch.
He might come to inspect your car and will finalize it in 10 mins without doing much bargain .
He will say that he will pay you via Demand Draft. As he is working in bank they are allowed to pay via DD or Bankers Cheque. He will ask for your account details to prepare a DD / Bankers Cheque.
If you have a loan on your car he will say he will visit the branch and pay off the loan and rest he will pay in the form of Demand Draft.
If you do not have loan on your car he might pay you certain token amount Via NEFT and rest he will pay you via Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque.
Later he will insist you to give an instant car delivery and ask you for Original Document along with Transfer form and Insurance Copy.
If you agree with him that thinking you had given you a demand Draft (In my case I agreed)& Complete the Formalities . His associates will record the entire process of signing the transfer paper and handing over the car & Keep that as Evidence for future. They will take delivery, signing the Delivery note and would whats app you Addhar Card & Pan Card & take yours.
Now when you visit your bank next day to Deposit DD, your bank might inform you that, this is not a DD instead it is a Normal Cheque of a Saving Account. When you call him and Enquire about the same he will say the cheque belong to his maternal uncle, and it will clear do not worry you can deposit the cheque. When you deposit the Cheque it will get returned stating Signature mismatch or Funds Insufficient.
When you approach Tarakeshwar Pandey, He will give you another cheque which will get dishonored stating that’s Funds insufficient. & later he might give you few more cheques which will get dishonored in the same way. None of his cheque gets cleared. ( If you see his bank statement you will notice cheque in series are getting dishonored, there are no funds in his account still he is issuing cheques)
He might also send you some Fake Screenshot of NEFT. These are Queued Transaction (Standing Instructions) which never get credited to your account.
He might also share Screenshot of YES Bank to prove he has balance in Lacs . ( He would deposit cheque for eg: 500 000/- from his Federal Bank which might have balance of 100/- to his YES bank when the cheque comes for clearing at Yes bank it will display Ledger balance of 500000/- in his YES Bank account. He will take screenshot of it and will share that with every one stating he has balance in his account and will give fake promises.)
All the cheques used for these transactions are from Federal bank Malad West & Thane Manpada Branch & Yes Bank.
He will keep answering all your call and will make fake promises.
He use all this tricks just to consume time, and meanwhile his associate car dealer would sell that car to any third party. (If your car gets transferred you cannot get your car back)
And when you approach the legal system they might tell you this is 138 case of cheque bounce and you need to do it via civil court. When you approach Civil court you have to pay Case fees as well hire advocate and it generally takes around 3 - 6 years for the 138 case to get resolved.
You might not be able to File an FIR or take any Legal Action. Hence you need to rely on fake promises.
Till the time you rely on fake promises. Your car is sold to a third party usually outside states, so it’s very difficult to trace the car.
He does not have a fix address where he can be traced.
The modus operandi of this Crime is to give fake cheques and sell the car outside Maharashtra mainly in UP.

If you have been victim of this type of fraud please contact local authority as soon as possible.
This is a big racket and needs to be exposed.
Many people from Vasai, Nalasopara, Mulund, Thane, Andheri are Victim of this fraud.

I will soon share Contact & Gang members Details of this Fraud.

Tarakeshwar Pandey #Tarakeshwar_Pandey #Tarakeshwar_Gorakhnath_Pandey #Tarakeshwar_Panday #Vishal_Pandey #OLX #OLX_FRAUD #MUMBAI_FRAUD #9867514604 # 8451032034 #mumbai #thane #navimumbai #intimate_fashion #Eagle_eye_consultancy #fraudster #conman #con_person
This type of fraud can trap any person as the modus operandi gives some sort of assurance that the money will be received via DD or Cheque.
Thanks for sharing with us, will be very useful.
But its scary that the conman can do all this with full freedom and the law supports him in his Modus operandi.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Now when you visit your bank next day to Deposit DD, your bank might inform you that, this is not a DD instead it is a Normal Cheque of a Saving Account.
He has agreed to pay the amount in Demand Draft or Bankers Cheque but handed over you a normal SB account cheque. In my opinion we all know the difference between a DD or Bankers Check and a Personal Cheque.? You should not have agreed the cheque the moment you have seen int and came to know that it was a personal cheque ?!

Top Bottom