Poor Workmanship at Ford Manufacturing Plants?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Ford is a renowned automaker, but what happens when a so-called Global manufacturer makes some serious blunders while producing the cars. Can it be considered as one-off case or an example of sheer negligence on the part of company? Let me make it clear with the help of two real-time examples. Sometime back, when I was cleaning my Fiesta, I observed that the RHS headlamp is somewhat more protruded than the LHS from the base. I cross checked this with other similar models and found that it is indeed on my car only. Secondly, this one happened with our forum member “Marun” with his Fiesta.

Quoting the text directly from his ownership review.
It’s time to have a check. A thorough inspection we carried over. There came some hassles. Here it goes!!!

Me: Sir!!!! (Called the sales person politely)
Dealer: Yeah Saar, please tell me.
Me: ZXI comes with chrome finished head lamps right???
Dealer: Yeah Saar, you are right.
Me: EXI comes with normal finished head lamps right??
Dealer: Yeah Saar.
Me: Look at mine!!! On side the head lights are chrome finished and the other side is having the normal finished ones!!! (Imagine what a mistake it is!!!)

A huge car manufacturer had done a lousy mistake with headlamps. EXI variant headlamp in one side and ZXI variant on the other end. Now I was in a terrible state. I thought what else are remaining like this???? After everybody in the showroom checked headlight collapse, all showed same reaction. What else it could be? Speechless!!! ..........
Although the first example may not seem like a huge issue but what happened in Marun's case sure is. Just wondering if such issues are common across or specific to Ford.

Anybody else have same experiences to share?

Drive Safe,
350Z

That is a big shock to me in first place.

The instinctive reaction after reading your post is: Check the Figo left/right & center!!

Such stuff is not anticipated for car makers like Ford/Honda/Hyundai to say the least.

Responses would be interesting from fellow TAIans.

[surprise]
Shocking that a global player like Ford is making such a silly mistake. How many quality checks does a car pass through? Assembly line quality, End of line quality, PDI at plant, PDI at dealer end. How come this is unnoticed at all these stages?

[surprise]
Shocking that a global player like Ford is making such a silly mistake. How many quality checks does a car pass through? Assembly line quality, End of line quality, PDI at plant, PDI at dealer end. How come this is unnoticed at all these stages?
Perhaps car cos now want to train us to be PDIs [lol].
Tomorrow, we may well even become a mechanic !

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
I’m thinking to inform this to Ford. It will be interesting to see what their response is.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I’m thinking to inform this to Ford. It will be interesting to see what their response is.
response will be [roll]

Though there are possibilities at plant for this fitment, I doubt the dealer too.

I have seen live examples at dealerships that they repair the transit damaged cars and sell them to customers without any notice (even heavy body damages are being repaired) I doubt there might be damage to the headlamp in transit or at dealer park yard, he might have changed it without noticing the variant.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Though there are possibilities at plant for this fitment, I doubt the dealer too.
Quite possible. I was thinking the same before coming across a few more instances of such shoddy job.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is what i also thought at the beginning.

response will be [roll]

I have seen live examples at dealerships that they repair the transit damaged cars and sell them to customers without any notice (even heavy body damages are being repaired) I doubt there might be damage to the headlamp in transit or at dealer park yard, he might have changed it without noticing the variant.
Hi Vibhor,
Thanks for bringing this out. Recently when i travelled across ford plant, I also saw a poster mentioning Ford has fired 200 labours and made 50 labours jailed. Not sure about the reason behind this.

Top Bottom