Poor Pre-Sale Customer Experience at Tata's Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangalore)

Thread Starter #1
A big hello to fellow TAIgers! My name is Abhishek and I'm a professional photographer based in Bangalore India. This is my first post on TAI and I must say that reading all your posts and reviews has helped me a lot in the last few months!
I'm still learning to drive and thanks to people like @Prabhagar and others, I've decided on going ahead with purchasing the Tata Tiago XZA. Now, having heard positive things about Concorde Motors, I was inclined to make the purchase with them but wanted to share some unpleasant experiences that I had...

I walked into the showroom (Dairy Circle Branch) on 16th March after reading about the offers for this month (1st year insurance free and some other offers and gifts). I got a quote from the sales executive and thought about the purchase decision for a few days while also got quotes from other Tata dealers in the city. Yesterday (24th March), I got a follow-up call from the sales executive at Concorde Motors and I decided to go today (25th March) to book the vehicle. To my surprise, I was told that I wasn’t assured the pricing and offers for March because they didn’t have any vehicles allocated to them from the factory. At first this was supposedly only for the colour that I selected but they they confirmed the same for all Tiago colours. In other words they didn’t have anything to offer me any more! I was told by the manager that I should have come a few days earlier (before 15th March) for me to get the booking done. Buying a car is an important and sometimes emotional decision and being treated like this from a car company and having this initial impression brings down one's the trust and motivation. So here are my confusions and questions.

1. As per the response I got, it seems like the showroom does business only for the first 15 days of the month [lol] Why can’t a booking be done one week before the month ends to avail the offers and pricing for that particular month? I understand that there is a certain waiting period for certain cars but why can’t the booking be made on 25th of the month? Are all customers expected to book and close a sale before 15th of a month? Doesn’t the dealer do business in the second half of the month?
2. Why couldn't the customer be informed of the situation before hand? Why give an offer and a price list if one can’t fulfil it? I was given a quote and almost finalised a deal and I came to the showroom to make a booking and I got turned down….
3. Aren't the sales executives informed of the situation of availability of cars? Concorde Motors Dairy Circle branch is 19 kms from my house and I spent my Sunday going all the way there for this!! Is it fair that a sales executive confirmed my arrival for booking the vehicle and I get turned down when I showed up because of this new information of cars not being available?
4. What does this tell me about Tata’s interest in selling it’s cars?

I’m very disappointed as I had gone today to the showroom with an advance (was even ready to pay upto 40% immediately) This worries me about the prospects of a long terms relationship with Tata motors and am being forced to reconsider my decision to buy a Tata car in spite of it being a great product... Now, please don't get me wrong... I love the car but I'm getting a feeling that I got conned today :( Perhaps because they are seemingly increasing prices next month? [thinking]

What do yo guys think? Is such a scenario normal? I'm planning to write to Tata to get their responses.

Re: Poor Pre-Sale Customer Experience at Tata's Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangal

Hi Abhishek, Welcome to TAI.

This is a classic case for car dealers. The Offers which they run are mostly on ready stock or stock which have been lying for a while. For high demand models they have to order one from factory and until it is invoiced at your name they cannot assure the prices. Usually the price / discount prevailing on the date of delivery would be applicable. Mostly in the above scenario they can procure the car from factory in 2 weeks. So if Invoice is done within same month the can assure you same price or discount. If not it goes to next month prices or discounts applicable.

BTW did you book/buy the car?

Re: Poor Pre-Sale Customer Experience at Tata's Concorde Motors (Dairy Circle, Bangal

To my surprise, I was told that I wasn’t assured the pricing and offers for March because they didn’t have any vehicles allocated to them from the factory. At first this was supposedly only for the colour that I selected but they they confirmed the same for all Tiago colours. In other words they didn’t have anything to offer me any more! I was told by the manager that I should have come a few days earlier (before 15th March) for me to get the booking done.
They aren't wrong Abhishek, you need to understand the thing that the schemes do change every month and hence they can't give you any commitment now. The thing is simple, now wait till 5th of next month and see what the schemes for next month are. they must not be having a car in stock as of now and the new stock will not come early enough - hence the schemes for next month will be applicable in your case, as simple as it sounds.

Top Bottom