Poor Pick Up If Air Conditioner Switched On

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,
Mine is a Tata IndigoCS LS-2008 car. Whenever i turn AC on, the pickup decreases to nearly 50%. I cleaning air filter yesturday, but will see the difference soon. Is there any other reason for this problem.
Thanks

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Low pickup with AC on

No. I think theres no problem. In my Alto, Th pickup also decreases as we push the AC button.
Maybe gurus can help you.

indigo CS is not mated with a powerful heart buddy, so, the drop in power due to AC is quite acceptable. However, if the drop is much more than you used to experience earlier then I'd suggest you to have your AC cabin filter cleaned, coil cleaned, gas topped up. Also check the condition of AC belt. If problem still persists, check the health of your injectors and alternator.

freakdude.

Like everybody has already suggested, the pickup drop is a normal behavior of cars. However, if the drop is different from what it used to be earlier, i guess it must be reported to ASS since the drop could be due to various reasons.

Thread Starter #5

thanks guys for the reply
i took my car to ASS yesturday, they said everything is fine and cleaned the air filter. "If this not work, gas topup might be one more option" they said. Will Try to get all done what FREAKDUDE advised.
What might be the approx cost for these check up's
[clap]

Last edited:

thanks guys for the reply
i took my car to ASS yesturday, they said everything is fine and cleaned the air filter. "If this not work, gas topup might be one more option" they said. Will Try to get all done what FREAKDUDE advised.
What might be the approx cost for these check up's
[clap]
If AC servicing is to be done, I'd suggest to get it done at an independent garage as the A$$ charge exorbitant prices for such tasks. Just a quick trick you can do prior to doing anything. Just find an open nice road and near redline your car in almost gears except first. do a couple of quick (but not hard) braking and then downshift and redline again. This might also solve the issue. This is commonly known as Italian Tune-up.

freakdude.

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Low Pick-up with A/C Switched On

@Rahul, First find a nice road (Empty with no traffic) to test this. If not, Better get is done at TASS.

Drive safe.

Re: Low Pick-up with A/C Switched On

@Rahul, First find a nice road (Empty with no traffic) to test this. If not, Better get is done at TASS.

Drive safe.
That is what I suggested. [:)]
You dont need a highway for this just a couple of kms long stretch would do. Try early mornings.
freakdude.

Flat bed in AC

Hi Folks

I am [drive] my Sister's Alto LXI 2010,.. ODI is 21K after service i took the car for city driving,.

The car is very poor in pickup,. :redface: after complete oil and other service

If AC is ON the car flat down and not :agree:

I asked the Local service man to recheck the car,.

He said this is not a problem while in AC the car behaves like that,. is it true or want's to change any timing in board ??

Hi Folks

I am [drive] my Sister's Alto LXI 2010,.. ODI is 21K after service i took the car for city driving,.

The car is very poor in pickup,. :redface: after complete oil and other service

If AC is ON the car flat down and not :agree:

I asked the Local service man to recheck the car,.

He said this is not a problem while in AC the car behaves like that,. is it true or want's to change any timing in board ??

Have you changed the spark plugs?If not then change them, try to find platinum spark plugs.NGK DCPR7EGP, this should perform better than standard copper spark plugs.

Have you changed the fuel filter?At the oil change the oil filter too was changed right?

AC does cause a drag in performance but it should not be too big.Is the AC system working correctly?Have you checked the compressor.

In the future please start a new thread for your problems in the technical zone.

Last edited:

Top Bottom