Poor Experience with Uttam Toyota, Ghaziabad

Thread Starter #1
When ABS of my Innova failed last year,I asked the service advisor(Uttam Toyota Ghaziabad) to change the unit,he said there is no need to change it,it may get repaired.

I:Why get repaired,if it has failed once then it can happen again.
He:(in angry manner)Sahi karwani ho toh bolo,abhi theek karwa dunga,nahi toh gaadi le jao,jab time hoga tab theek kar denge.(If you want it to get repaired then get it done now,else take the car,it will be replaced later).
I:(keeping clam)asked him to get it repaired,so he did.They changed brake oil and brake shoes and said now its okay.
Tested it and found it okay so after paying bills I left for my home(60 kms away)in a hurry as I had to attend a function at home.
I sped up the car to about 110 kph and then I saw a Wagon-R crossing the divider,cut the steerign and applied the brakes quite hard and..whack:eek:,the tyres locked and car skidded,it slightly hit the car at the rear bumper as I left the brakes and then tried to save with slightly applying brakes.Came out of the car and paid him some money as he was a local and left for my home.

Came next day:
With my friend and cousin brother,went to the workshop and asked the advisor to look at ABS.
He was looking at someone's Qualis and said "Abhi ruk ja bhai"(stop for a while).
took him to the manager and narrated the whole story.
Finally left the car there and got a complete new ABS assembly for Innova with new brake disks and calipers too..

Last edited by a moderator:
@TSI Vipul: I just feel sad by the ordeal you go through, there was never the need to slap the SA, instead you can report such incidents to his Supervisor or manager, So slapping everyone and getting your work done would lead you to nowhere.
So be polite & corteous, because in every post i feel you are so rude to them.
I can understand, even my car had ABS problem, it came back 2nd time, when the ABS light is glowing on ODO it indicates a problem and stopping distance will be more.

So just my 2 cents, be polite, do stop such behaviours.

Thread Starter #4
Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova!

@Friends:
You people may feel that the steps taken by me are signs of foolishness etc etc etc..
But tell me how much you will be boiled if a car comes in front of your car and you are doing 100+?And what's even great is that by that time you are surprised that your car's brakes are not working properly?[frustration]

@Mukeshus and Raj:
Its really easy to read and reply,but what a person on a highway 40 kms away from his home and all alone meets an accident only because the SA whome he asked to get the work done didn't did it..WHAT'S THE DUTY OF THE SA?
If an SA says you that either take back the car or leave it,I won't do it today and scolds you in front of mechanics and other owners as if you haven't owned a 12 lacs costing car but are a poor chauffeur of it.

Mukesh,guy just once complain to the supervisor,what they will say "Bhaisahab aaj shayad koi problem hogi,aap kal aana(sir there may be some problem,you come tomorrow)".You try yourself,I have done a lot of times.

okay,the whole story is here(@Mods:Please let it be here(don't delete)as its just to make other know something about the service advisors and those service centers,also what can happen only because they are not willing to work and then treat the customers like I was treated that day)..

I was returning from Jaipur to Meerut after a meeting and was doing about 90 kph on NH-8,suddenly I saw a truck changed its lane without any signs,so I had to brake and I did it.But what happened was that the the tyres lost the grip like the car has no ABS.

Okay,since I was about to enter Delhi(I was near the Gurgaon that time),so I decided to get the car checked and repaired at our regular service center Uttam Toyota at Ghaziabad(Delhi-UP border).So at about 4:30 in the evening I got there and took my car to the workshop.Then went to have some coffee as the SA was not there(guys told me that he was out for some work at his home),I had the coffee and returned,found no one,came a guy and asked me whats the problem and I told him that its an ABS failure.

Okay,now about half an hour later comes the service adviser and our conversation started(He thought me as the driver as I was also wearing some clothes that were comfy for me,but not good looking):-
I(Calmly):Namashkar ji(I do it to everyone I meet irrespective of what the person does,only he/she needs to be an elder),kaha kho gaye the aap(smiling)?(where were you lost?)
He(Rudely):Kyun kya hua?(Why?What happened?)
Ghar gaya tha apne,apko matlab?(I went to my home,do you have anything to do with that?)
I(Clamly):Gussa kyun ho rahe ho,main yahaan apni gaadi lekar aadhe ghante se khada hun,bas,aur yeh to duty time bhi hai.(Why are you getting angry,I was just here waiting for you for half an hour?).
He(quite cooled down):Toh main kya karun?Kal aa jaana..(So what can I do?You come tomorrow)

I thought that the guy was quite not in a good mood,so I simply asked him about ABS system.And yes I have already inquired about its availability and yes,it was available with them.

I(Quite strong voice):ABS badalwani hai(ABS is to be changed).
He:It is going to be the closing time,I'll do it tomorrow.
I:Bhaisahab please,get it done.I have to go very far.I'll even pay you some extra price if you want.
He:No is no,okay I''l get it repaired for some days(JUGAAD)and then get it changed,WE DON'T HAVE THE THING TOO!!!
I:But I have inquired,it is there in workshop.
He(Very angry):Toh apne aap lagale(lagaalE instead of lagalO),main aaj nahi karwaunga,tu(TU instead of AAP)baad mein aana.(then put it yourself,I'll not get it done today,you come after some time).

Since I was in a hurry to get home,so I didn't bothered and said..

I(Very angry):Just get it done whatever you feel and take how much you want.

So they did what they felt and changed my brake oil and brake shoes quickly and said its done,now you can leave.

I left the place after slight checking(since the tyres were new too,so it worked quite properly)..

Again I was on the highway and started cruising,then came the Wagon-R,as I do in ABS.I took a slight turn and braked hard,but the wheels locked and all strategy was the hell under the skidding nose,and then left the brakes,applied them again and took a very sharp cut.Saved the whole Wagon-R and hit its rear bumper.
I saw that people were locals and the car had 5 people against me who was just one,so I did this:

I came out running from my car and said "Bhaisahab,sorry..main nuksaan bhar dunga(Sorry bro,I'll pay the expenses)",but those were village people and they took their expenses from me via their hands and a torn shirt of mine...THIS WAS THE REASON I HAVE THE SERVICE ADVISER A BIG DEAL..

I reached home,narrated whole incident to my father and he said "Ant bhala to sab bhala,ab chhod(if end is good,then everything is good,now leave it)".
But I was not ready to leave it that easily.

WILL BE MENTIONING THE NEXT DAY AFTERWARDS...

NOW TELL ME,IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A TRUCK,THEN I AM SURE THE ADVISER WOULD NOT HAVE TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY OF ME IN HOSPITAL AND THE ACCIDENT REPAIRS..

NOW TELL ME,WHAT I COULD HAVE DONE TO THIS BEHAVIOR OF HIM...also the second day was even more interesting..

^^^ Hmm, different prospective again. I agree what the SA did is wrong but maybe I wont go to the extent of hitting him. I would hit a person ONLY & ONLY in self defence. But then, thats just me. Not everybody would think like me...

So, cool...

I Agree with Tsivipul .
In India if you are not pro-active at such situation chances are you will be overpowered.
There are no proper law or any other resort, modesty and politeness are always taken for granted.
I have seen a lady slapped(real hard) a senior police officer .In a hurry he crossed the signal and hit this lady's scooter. she got up with fury and shouted, in response he answered "ohh ,no need to shout you aren't dead yet ,you should have driven more carefully." for which she rewarded him brilliantly.

@TSI Vipul: Even my car had ABS problem, which was fixed a week ago before my trip to Goa, So it was 1400 kms of to & fro drive.
But the problem came back again.
When ABS light was glowing i was cautious enough and drove it in between 80-90 kmph, as i was aware of ABS & its consequences, then after returning home.
I sent a long mail to the Customer care, there was a proper readressal and the problem was solved.
So in your case you would have escalated the behaviour of that SA or Manager to higer ups.
I can understand he spoke to you rude, but there are ways in which you can express yourselves and giving a feedback.

Check it here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dra-scorpio-vlx-mist-silver-14.html#post50997

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...dra-scorpio-vlx-mist-silver-15.html#post55158

So there are other ways of expressing too.

Thread Starter #8

@Mukeshus:
You are absolutely right.I had made a serious mistake.
Damn,I'd have not been in hurry and had left the car in the service station that day and sent a mail to Toyota.Then I would have got readdressed in one-two days and so on and so on.
See my method is easier,ALSO IT DOESN'T PUT ANY PERSON'S JOB UNDER RISK OR GET HIM/HER SCOLDED BY HIS/HER HIGHER AUTHORITIES.In the time you open your laptop and connect the internet.The problem is addressed at the spot itself.I think its better if the problem can be resolved that easily.
AND YES,THIS KEEPS THE SECOND PERSON ALERT TOO,ESPECIALLY WHEN DEALING WITH US.

ALSO I AM NOT THAT FOOLISH THAT I'LL SLAP EVERYONE,BUT ITS A FACT THAT I HAD SPENT MY 12 LACS ON A CAR AND PAY ALL THE SERVICE BILLS,STILL IF I GET THE SAME BEHAVIOR,then I deserve to get my blood boiled.

Thread Starter #9

@Mods:I don't have any intentions to promote violence by this post,this is nothing more than an another part of the above post..In fact it will be better to have an another thread..
NOW CAME THE SECOND DAY OF VISITING TOYOTA S.C.

In the morning taking two cars I,my friend,my cousin brother and a driver.We all left to leave the Innova and then further go to Delhi(those two guys were not brought by me to thrash the SA,they were just on their way to Delhi).I had no intentions to have a fight in the morning itself and wanted everything to be sorted out calmly.

We reached the service center and I again went to the service adviser(I had found him outside in the parking itself).I just started talking to him,as follows:-
I:Bhaisahab namaskar,have a look at the ABS today.
He:Namashkar,you park the car and get your complain registered.I'll look at it.
I:Actually I am going quite far away so can you please once get it inspected and tell me what to be repaired and the price estimate?

Suddenly came a green colored Qualis inside being driven by a quite beautiful girl,the girl also approached the adviser and started talking him..

She:See,there is some sound coming from the bonnet.
He:Yes mam,i'll check it out just now..calling his guy.
"Hey,see the madam's car"
Madam you sit inside the lounge,we will inform you.
I:Bhaisahab my car??
He:I said na,just wait I'll see it.

I(In quite anger):But I came before her,then...
He(Angry tone):Don't tell me who came before...driver hai aukaat mein reh..(you are a driver and be in your limits)..

I STOOD THERE STUNNED,HE WAS THINKING ME AS A DRIVER!!![frustration]

I went to my cousin brother and mentioned the whole story..firstly he laughed for more than five minutes and then said:-
"I told you na,these comfy clothes of you many times mistaken you something else".

I went to the manager and narrated the whole story and also told him what the SA had said..

I:Namashkar sir,see how your SA is behaving.
He:You are the one who had came for ABS yesterday too.Okay,I'll get your ABS done.Don't get angry,clam down and have some water sir.
I:But when our car will be inspected,this girl's car is being inspected while we we came 15 minutes before her.
He:It will be done very soon.

Came up the service adviser and after talking something with the girl and giving her his contact number he came out..

Manager:Check the sir's Innova and tell what the problem is.
SA(Even rudely with his manager):Firstly I'll do madam's car and then look at the Innova,it will take about 2 hours.
Manager:You know who you are talking to.(The manager was old,but SA was new,so he was quite over-powering him too).
SA:I know that and also know my work.Okay...
and left the spot..

I went to manager and full of anger asked him..
I:What was he saying?Doesn't your staff hear you?
He:I'll complain to the owner today,I'll ask another guy to inspect your car.
I:Come to the workshop with me..
He:Lets go sir..I WAS REALLY HAPPY WITH HIS ATTITUDE..

On reaching down in the workshop,the SA was looking at the Qualis,I went to him with my friend and said..
I:Abe O,hear me,what's your way of talking to customers and manager?
He(Angrily):Go and mind your own business.
I:Should I do my real business right here?
He:Do whatever you can.

I caught him from back,turned him,caught his collar and gave him a very tight hand,before he could have came to senses my friend caught him and gave three more.
Then came my cousin,he again caught his hairs and gave him one more.
And now our conversation was:

I:Should I do more business..
Brother:Come to manager.
Friend:Give him one more,let's teach him how to talk and work.

The SA joined his hands and said "Bhaisahab,what I have done?

Friend:Who is the driver?..one more hand given..Let's go to the manager..caught his collar and started dragging him..

We to Manager:Now he is okay and will work..
Manager:Sir,what you have done?This could have caued some serious injury,even an FIR can be done.
We to SA:Have we beaten you?Do you want to call police?
SA:No sir,sorry.
I:IF A PERSON IS A DRIVER,THEN DOESN'T THE PERSON DESERVES SOME RESPECT..FROM NEXT TIME ONWARDS I WON'T SEND THE CAR WITH MY DRIVER.If I would have died in the accident yesterday,then who was responsible for that?? and so on and so on..

Then he checked the ABS at the same time,also from that day he is serving quite well(at least to us)...

NOW TELL ME GUYS,HOW MUCH WRONG I AM AT MY PLACE...FINALLY ITS A 50-50 RESULT.

@Raj...You are a very good guy,but I am not that good.I am a right conservative guy and can cross some limits for my rights.

@ Vipul: Thank You buddy. I still maintain the fact that what you did was wrong. when the manager was accompanying you to another SA who would have looked at your car, then what was the need to approach this guy again & pick up a fight? Infact the above post potrays a very wrong impression, to me atleast. Slapping a person or picking up fights is very easy, what is difficult is handling a situation in a more mature manner.

Maybe in the heat of that moment, you lost your temper. It easy to preach, I understand. What I would have done is approach another SA & get my work done. I am there to get my car checked & not to teach everyone manners... it is not my duty nor is it my "right".

Guys. We people of north have a problem with temper. And specially the region we live in everyone thinks he is a king.
I dont think vipul did the right thing slapping the guy. But the SA deserved it!
No offence to anyone.
But these customer complains and everything just doesnt make sense over here, you have deal with them face to face.

Thread Starter #12
Haha,Aviral buddy you are quite spot on.Even I too say the same that our area is full of 'fighting-for-no-reason' people(I am also among them-Chaudhary).And if anyone misbehaves or tries to disrespect them,then hands work instead of words...
And I believe that why to make online complains etc when the whole matter can be solved within a second or two..:biggrin:

@Mods:I don't have any intentions to promote violence by this post,this is nothing more than an another part of the above post..In fact it will be better to have an another thread..
...You are a very good guy,but I am not that good.I am a right conservative guy and can cross some limits for my rights.

Vipul,I must say you were really tested out of the limits,

She:See,there is some sound coming from the bonnet.
He:Yes mam,i'll check it out just now..calling his guy.
"Hey,see the madam's car"
Madam you sit inside the lounge,we will inform you.
Upon the Woman's case you mentioned,it peels us off like anything in a showroom like Toyota.

He:I said na,just wait I'll see it.I(In quite anger):But I came before her,then...
He(Angry tone):Don't tell me who came before...driver hai aukaat mein reh..(you are a driver and be in your limits)..
So your Toyota dealer thinks in this way,sure matter of complexity,i don't how they would have passed the interview.And this also tells about the dealer's training levels.

@Vipul: Thank You buddy. I still maintain the fact that what you did was wrong. when the manager was accompanying you to another SA who would have looked at your car, then what was the need to approach this guy again & pick up a fight? Infact the above post potrays a very wrong impression, to me atleast. Slapping a person or picking up fights is very easy, what is difficult is handling a situation in a more mature manner.
He did it in a right manner, and he helped the company indirectly,why? Because the company people would have realized now and regretting for losing a customer,sorry lots of customers who come in the way of Vipul

Guys. We people of north have a problem with temper. And specially the region we live in everyone thinks he is a king.
I dont think vipul did the right thing slapping the guy. But the SA deserved it!
That's not the problem in Vipul's case, but doing unnecessary things for no reason is called a problem in this context.

Top Bottom