Polish For Maintaining Beige Interior (Plastics)?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
It’s no wonder that maintaining the beige interiors is a task in itself. I am curious to know if there is any polish available in the market particularly for beige plastics on the interiors. Else, Do you think that a normal household cleaner (Like Colin) would suffice? If there are any such reliable products, please let me know about it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Check SONAX car care products. They have good variety of interior care (Cockpit spray, Interior tough stains removal etc). They are official partner of Mercedes F1 team as well. I am using their exterior polish and car shampoo. Extremely satisfied! Now planning to buy interior care also

SONAX products are from Germany, so touch expensive. But its worth the money spent! They are available in Shell outlets. Product range varies from 300 - 450 Rs.

I was using Formula 1 car products earlier and there is hell lot of difference with SONAX products!

Last edited:
@350Z:
Sirji I'd recommend you not to waste money on that polish etc etc.They are useful but not to that extent.At the end you will have to face the blackening of beige interiors(due to touching etc etc) and the only remedy is to get them cleaned once every 50k kms.Or whenever you feel they have become dirty.Else you will keep on wasting polish containers one after another but at the end you will have to follow some expert car detailing center.
Also what about the fabric parts?The ones on the door pads etc.In other words,if you have beige interiors and the occupants f your car love touching the interiors then you are HELPLESS!!
I have been keeping cars with beige interiors for 4-5 years and I am yet to remember if any car's interior looked as clean as new after an year of buying it.I know this is painful,but its the truth.You can follow my advise or experience it yourself,its upon you.

You can try from an array of products from various brands like Formula1 and collinite. Just a word of caution, NEVER use colin on car plastics or leatherite seat covers. It's a damn abbressive solution that reacts with the benzene on the car plastics and within few weeks of usage you can observe burnt plastic like marks all over.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team
Check SONAX car care products. They have good variety of interior care (Cockpit spray, Interior tough stains removal etc).
Thanks. Let me check out more about Sonax.

Sirji I'd recommend you not to waste money on that polish etc etc.They are useful but not to that extent.At the end you will have to face the blackening of beige interiors(due to touching etc etc) and the only remedy is to get them cleaned once every 50k kms.
Thanks for the advice Vipul. I understand that beige tends to become dirty soon but then that’s not the sufficient reason for not cleaning it at all. During the past six months of my new car ownership, I have just cleaned the beige plastics with a cloth. Now it has started to show a signs of losing the original luster. So I hope using a polish should help. And moreover, taking the car to car care centers often is not going to be an easy affair either.

You can try from an array of products from various brands like Formula1 and collinite. Just a word of caution, NEVER use colin on car plastics or leatherite seat covers.
Thanks freakdude. Will keep that in mind. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

I would suggest you Formula 1/Sonax polish available in market for 250-300 bucks. However, to maintain beige, i would strongly advice you to go for proper cleaning followed by occasional polishing, say once in 5-10 cleaning sessions.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
you know what i do.

take shampoo in a bucket filled with water. don't know the exact measurement of both but it should be less runny.

take a tooth brush , dip the brush in the solution and rub the dashboard , small sections and you will see dirt getting out. take a plain cloth and wipe it.

dash will look as new. try it. simple and cheap and effective. i did this for my santro and i10 and it worked perfectly.

i10 has beige interiors. next time i clean i'll update pics here.

Last edited:
@ allhyundaicars, Method suggested by you is the cheapest and easiest alternative [clap] But won it have any effect on the plastics (like plastics going dull, Marks appearing after cleaning etc

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
this method was suggested to me by a friend of mine. and i too was confused if it'll work or not.

but i have cleaned like this 3-4 times and it doesn't do any damage.

so best is to check this method on a small section , leave it for days and see if it's causing any damage or not. [thumbsup]

PS : this never affected i10's and santro's interior.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yes! Agree with you. This is the best way to test for any adverse effects! Thanks for the info
hmm [:)] so if you try don't forget to update in this thread.

Allhyundai which shampoo you mix with bucket of water ?
i used normal sunsill black shine [:D]

never use hard chemicals like rubbing polish etc. i used it and it discolored a small part on the dashboard. so don't use rough chemicals

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i pour it from the bottle [:D] just take any quantity you want. which you feel is ok. no hard and fast rule.

i think all the interiors are same stuff as the dashboard so yes you can use it anywhere.

Top Bottom