Please Suggest Me Accessories for New Toyota Innova

Thread Starter #1
Dear Members,
I am planning to buy 2012 Innova Vx. The list of accessories for Innova is pretty much endless. I need help to pick the right accessories.

Based on your experience please suggest me the accessories that I must consider installing.

Thanks a ton.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Please suggest me accessories for Innova

I've seen that link.

I am asking for suggestions from existing Innova owners who might be able to recommend me accessories that has worked for them well, in terms of need, quality and price.

whats your budget man? accordingly we can suggest because accesorizing can just go on and on endlessly. :D

Rafi-Go for Rear Spoiler and bike protector guards for your Innova.As they give looks and enhancement feeling to your Innova.For ICE a.k.a Speakers,Amp,Woofer,I would recommend Focal Poly Glass 165 VB front comps and Focal Poly Glass 165 CVX rear comps.For Amp and Woofer,I would recommend Morel Ultimo 12 inch Sub Woofer and for Amp,I would recommend Rock Ford Fosgate Prime Series.

Thread Starter #6

Rafi-Go for Rear Spoiler and bike protector guards for your Innova.As they give looks and enhancement feeling to your Innova.For ICE a.k.a Speakers,Amp,Woofer,I would recommend Focal Poly Glass 165 VB front comps and Focal Poly Glass 165 CVX rear comps.For Amp and Woofer,I would recommend Morel Ultimo 12 inch Sub Woofer and for Amp,I would recommend Rock Ford Fosgate Prime Series.
I am considering:
- rear spoiler
- rear bumper guard
- seat covers
- window shades
- A rubber rod that they stick at the front-left corner to assist in judgment (what's that called?)
- DVD player - screens on the back of the headrest of driver and co-passengers
- Yoko C-drives tyres (will trade with stock)
- floor mats

Am I missing something that you guys are glad you bought?

Please give me tips/suggestions on the above and also let me know what is the best way to protect the flooring in the car. I am worried about my kids spilling stuff in the car. What is the best way to protect the flooring such that it can be cleaned without harming the factory fitted carpet.

Thanks a ton.

350Z

Core Team
I am planning to buy 2012 Innova Vx. The list of accessories for Innova is pretty much endless. I need help to pick the right accessories.
I do not own an Innova but based on experience, I can suggest including rear parking sensors in the list. It’s a useful feature for UVs.

rear bumper guard
Personally I recommend everyone to avoid fitting bull bars or anything of that sort. The reason is here (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../1741-front-bull-bars-crash-guard-yes-no.html).

There is an ocean of choices. You can select depending upon budget and designs from makes like Autoform, Ovion etc. if it has to be Art. Leather.

I am worried about my kids spilling stuff in the car. What is the best way to protect the flooring such that it can be cleaned without harming the factory fitted carpet.
You should definitely consider installing vinyl carpet sheets. They are easy to maintain. Please find attached image for reference. Transparent sheets are also available.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
350Z,
Thanks a lot for the suggestions and picture. Hope I'll get the vinyl carpet sheet that matches my Innova's interiors.

I am not going to get the bull bar, however I might get the rear guard installed to avoid scratches and minor hits on the rear bumper (mostly by bikers who have a habit of kissing the rear bumpers).

I am planning to get the top end version that comes with rear cameras (factory installed).

How good is the stock CD/DVD player and speakers on the top end (Vx) model?
I am not sure if I would like sub-woofers since I listen to old music. My requirements are utmost sound clarity and flat frequency response.

Thanks a ton.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
350Z, Thanks a lot for the suggestions and picture. Hope I'll get the vinyl carpet sheet that matches my Innova's interiors.
The sheet pictured above looks well. And I think it should match with the interiors too. You can also buy the transparent sheet as I mentioned earlier.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.
I bought Metallic grey Innova Diesel Vx 7-seater model.
Opted for the following accessories:
- Toyota rear guard
- Toyota spoiler
- Toyota window shades
- Fender pole
- Fabric Seat covers
- Fabric floor mats
- Mud guards
- Rubber floor mats
- Teflon coating
- Anti-rust coating
- Yoko C-drive tires (225/60/R15)
- 2011 model alloy wheels (5 pairs of spokes as opposed to 10 independent spokes)

Thx for all the inputs.

Thread Starter #11
I am back after an interval. Now I need suggestions on few accessory items:
- Steering wheel cover
I feel that the steering wheel on the Innova is not padded much and not grippy enough. Please suggest me a good steering wheel cover.
- Wooden beads back rest for driver's seat
I am assuming it would be helpful on long drives. Where can I find good quality wooden beads back rest and what's the pricing?
- Headlights
The headlights on the Innova doesn't seem to be very powerful. Not sure if it's a wrong judgment on my part since I've done limited night driving so far. I was wondering if the headlights could be upgraded or is it a good idea to install 2 extra headlights on top of the bumper.
- DVD player on the back of the head rests of driver and front passenger seats. Allows passengers sitting on two captain seats in the second row to see movies.
My friend's Ertiga has this and it seems pretty good. He got it from abroad (unknown brand). I would like to know which is a good brand/model that could be bought and installed locally. How much would it cost? Should I get it installed by the dealer or externally?

Thanks.

- Wooden beads back rest for driver's seat
I am assuming it would be helpful on long drives. Where can I find good quality wooden beads back rest and what's the pricing?
- Headlights
The headlights on the Innova doesn't seem to be very powerful. Not sure if it's a wrong judgment on my part since I've done limited night driving so far. I was wondering if the headlights could be upgraded or is it a good idea to install 2 extra headlights on top of the bumper.
Wooden beads can be bought from any accessories shop . They are readily available
As far as the lights, go for an upgrade to 100/90 or 130/100. Use relay

From my experience in my Swift, the 90/100 bulbs are sufficient. I almost never need high beams even on the highways

Ameyam

Top Bottom