Please Suggest a Good Lightweight Scooter

Thread Starter #46
wow 55k ? it's 60k on road in Pune !! can you please provide the spit up quotation you got there ?

I don't have issues with their product , but the TVS should take some action if dealers are cheating customers. If I'm looking for a product, and if the dealers are trying to mislead me, I will change my mind and go to another company or brand. who's at loss eventually ? -- the company !

again the mouth publicity has it's own share of damages [:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh,I am really sorry I don't remember it exactly as The Scooter Plan was Dropped because the Old Dio was Repaired.Well Said,Sir.TVS must take care of those Basehead Cheating Dealers.Otherwise,The Wego has the Power to Scare the Hell outta some 100,110cc Scooters.

^^ I dont think wego has that much power. Infact it is slower to catch up speed above 60 km. At the same time Dio easily reach 80km/hr mark and it is difficult to move above that. Once a brand new Yamaha ray had overtaken me when i ride my bike at more than 95 km/hr. it was one yamaha ASS mechanic was riding that. i was thinking about somebody who going to own that scooter.

Thread Starter #49
hi all !

2010 wego - 18k Km run - Rs. 35k
From pictures, the wego looks in good condition.
I will go and check the vehicle soon.
but first look - how's this deal ? is it overpriced ?
also I don't know who needs to pay for registration ownership transfer and related expenses. How much it costs in Pune for a 2-wheeler ?

also advise is there any PDI list for used scooter ?

Thank you !

Mr.Slashniv,The Price looks OK but 18K Kms run looks a Bit on the Higher Side.I don't know the Price of 2 Wheelers in Pune but I know it in Chennai.If you are going to meet the Seller,Then take a Good Mechanic with you so he can get a Better Idea of the Scooter's Condition.Try to find one with Disc Brakes,Their braking Performance is better and Safer.

^^ its 4 years old now. So 18 K Km( 4K km one year) not a higher milage. But price seems higher. I dont think TVS wego had that much resale value. If then it is better to go for a new one.

Thread Starter #52
Mr.Slashniv,The Price looks OK but 18K Kms run looks a Bit on the Higher Side.I don't know the Price of 2 Wheelers in Pune but I know it in Chennai.If you are going to meet the Seller,Then take a Good Mechanic with you so he can get a Better Idea of the Scooter's Condition.Try to find one with Disc Brakes,Their braking Performance is better and Safer.
Hi bharathbigb - if you read through my earlier posts, wego with disc has been a 'mystery' because of dealer's tricks and responses. [frustration] do you find wego with disc available at chennai ? have you seen it physically on road or in showroom ?

resale wego won't be with disc for sure. If I have to go for a resale deal, it will be w/o disc.
with all responses i'm getting from dealers and TVS callcenter itself, it looks like wego-with-disc is an alien thing [lol] and no such thing exists (except on their website )

can anyone give a clue here ?? what's the fact with wego-with-disc ??

What i know is, once apon a time, they sold one Wego with disc brake and our AR Ram sir bought that[lol]. I have already shared his ownership thread link for you.

Mr.Slashniv,I would definitly look out for Wego Disc in a Dealership near to my house.I have seen 1 in 100 Wego with Disc on the Road !! Me and My Mom TD'd the Non-Disc Wego.I will help you sir

Thread Starter #55
Thanks bharathbigb for your kind help !

Another question pops up- if disc version is this much less used (1 in 100), why I should go for it and pay around 3/4k extra for it when other 99 wego users w/o disc
are doing just fine since it's launch ?
in this case, i feel a resale wego (in good condition/less used) looks more attractive option to me rather than going for a brand new.

This will not be a primary scooter/bike , so i won't mind spending less for it (w/o compromising on mileage and servicing cost !)

@Slashinv
Yes. If you will not use it more, then buy some GOOD maintained second hand wego or some other scooter. If you plan not to use the scooter extensively, then look for a Scooty Pep+. It is more than enough for normal city usage.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
another deal

wego -2012- 12k km run - Rs 38 k
it looks well maintained.
per our phone conversation, owner says it's negotiable.

I'm going to inspect the vehicle. how much should I offer to owner ? registration RTO is same where I live.

also pls advise any thread where PDI for used bike/scooter is mentioned. Thanks

Last edited:
another deal

wego -2012- 12k km run - Rs 38 k
it looks well maintained.
per our phone conversation, owner says it's negotiable.

I'm going to inspect the vehicle. how much should I offer to owner ? registration RTO is same where I live.

also pls advise any thread where PDI for used bike/scooter is mentioned. Thanks
Must be a nice deal, I sold 2010, 30,000 KM ran Activa on OLX in less than 4 hours (including decision making and posting ad) in 37K in Bangalore. So I guess, you are getting a very nice deal.

Thread Starter #60
I have few questions. pls advise.

what happens to the existing insurance after the vehicle is transferred from existing owner to new owner ?
Does the new owner need to buy new insurance ?
does existing insurance gets transferred in the name of new owner ?
if yes - who does that ? or what's the process ?

ta.

Top Bottom