Please Suggest a Good Lightweight Scooter

Thanks Vijay for sharing your experience.
what is milage your are getting currently ? (after 2 years )

dealer here is charging around 1500 for essential accessories in quotation for disc brake wego. I forgot to enquire about the same.

did you opt for mobile chraging outlet and any other accessories when you bought Wego ?
No i didnot opt for mobile chargine socket as i did not found it that useful for her purpose.They would charge for front storage box, body frame, grippers and buzzers i guess.
when i purchased this was inclusive with the wego, and was not charged extra for these.But the mobile charging socket was being charged.
FE keeps around 45.
Test drive both the vehicles, wego as well as juipiter and see which one feels comfortable.

Thread Starter #32
Thanks. I have already TD both Wego and Jupitor. TD wego was w/o Discs.

The accessories you have mentioned are charged extra 3k. So I'm just wondering what other accessories this dealer is quoting ?? [confused]

did you find the front and rear metal guard bumbers of any use ? do you think it's really necessary given that the Wego has all metal body ?

and yes, me too don't find mobile charger of much use since today's mobiles batteries last good enough (unless one is mobile addict [:)]

I also did not like front box as it will carry very few things but consumes lot of front space.

so overall onroad Discs break price is 60k (incl 1500 'those' essential accessories')

I will certainly avoid those accessories if that contains mobile charger outlet[:D]

Thread Starter #34
Thanks Vijay

I visited 3 more TVS dealers this weekend. To my surprise, none of the dealer had disc version of Wego on display or for TD. all of them told me that Wego Disc model is stopped by company !! and disc brakes in a scooter are of no use.

all the dealers and SAs told me to opt of w/o disc model which comes around 58k on road. nobody's offering any discount and charging extra for mirrors and other accessories !!

they say I need to take atleast 1 year Extended warrenty.

are all these things true ?? can anyone shed a light on these claims by dealers ?
1. TVS has discontinued Wego disc model ?
2. Wego does not come with company warrenty at the time of purchase ?
3. mirrors are chargable accessory for a scooter ?[confused]

I tried to call TVS callcenter but it's closed

are dealers trying to misguide me ?

Thanks Vijay

I visited 3 more TVS dealers this weekend. To my surprise, none of the dealer had disc version of Wego on display or for TD. all of them told me that Wego Disc model is stopped by company !! and disc brakes in a scooter are of no use.

all the dealers and SAs told me to opt of w/o disc model which comes around 58k on road. nobody's offering any discount and charging extra for mirrors and other accessories !!

are all these things true ?? can anyone shed a light on these claims by dealers ?

Hello Shlashinv i believe it's not true what the dealers are saying :eek:
If you remember the Wego was recently given a facelift and the Auto Expo 2014 had a Wego disk version standing. Though if i may why not go for the Honda Dio? Fits your price has a good engine ( i have a 2012 new shape Honda Dio) has the HET its extremely light etc. It is a good scooter try it out. BTW Disk brakes in a scooter give it amazing bite. Though use them carefully or you might do a stoppie :big grin: Mirriors should not be a chargeable accessory at least not on any of the scooters i have owned.

Last edited:
Go for a honda dio/activa i

1. Instead of Disc brake, it has combi brake it is better.

2.Honda has a better refined engine and ood quality parts.Dont worry about maintenance, they are like mainetenance free. I own a hond dio(2009) and only things i changed in the past 5 years(25K Km) 2 rear tires, 1 battery & 1 air filter.
3.I dont know about TVS, but for Honda it is standard,but check out for number plate

Thread Starter #37
Go for a honda dio/activa i

1. Instead of Disc brake, it has combi brake it is better.

2.Honda has a better refined engine and ood quality parts.Dont worry about maintenance, they are like mainetenance free. I own a hond dio(2009) and only things i changed in the past 5 years(25K Km) 2 rear tires, 1 battery & 1 air filter.
3.I dont know about TVS, but for Honda it is standard,but check out for number plate
Thanks. What is current mileage for Honda dio you are getting ? I'm discouraged with mileage numbers for activa, so prefer to stay away from it. also active is bulkier , so not preferable for my wife or my father to drive

No the disc wego is not discontinued but usually they are not stocked either and being festive season are trying to push you to opt for without disc variant.
second, the manufacturing warranty always comes along the scooter by all companies, there is no mandatory to purchase additional warranty along, its optional to choose or not.
Mirrors comes along the scooter, they are fitted at the time of delivery, this comes as the package of accessories along with scooter.
Change the dealer and visit another shoowroom.

Thread Starter #40
No the disc wego is not discontinued but usually they are not stocked either and being festive season are trying to push you to opt for without disc variant.
second, the manufacturing warranty always comes along the scooter by all companies, there is no mandatory to purchase additional warranty along, its optional to choose or not.
Mirrors comes along the scooter, they are fitted at the time of delivery, this comes as the package of accessories along with scooter.
Change the dealer and visit another shoowroom.
Hi Vijay - I have visited atleast 5 showrooms [:D] so it's not gonna change if I go to another showroom in Pune. perhaps i will have to check outside pune [:D]

okey. I called TVS callcenter. The guy said he doesn't have any idea about status of disc or about warrenty & mirrors ! and ADVISED me to check with dealer itself. wow what a customer service !!

only thing he could tell me is that the ex-showroom price. The price which TVS guy told me is 2/3k less than the price quoted by dealers . another blunder !

TVS callcenter guy could not guide me abt whom to approach if dealers are 'misguiding' customers.

looks like TVS doesn't need customers anymore [;)]

Thanks. What is current mileage for Honda dio you are getting ? I'm discouraged with mileage numbers for activa, so prefer to stay away from it. also active is bulkier , so not preferable for my wife or my father to drive
Hi Slashinv the mileage I am getting ( without HET) is around 51 kmpl. I think that will be significantly increased because of the new engine. Also Check out this informative thread by Cracing http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/17548-my-wild-kitten-honda-dio-het.html

Thread Starter #42
Thanks for sharing Dio thread. I will take TD before commenting anything about it.

A second though also struck me - If TVS is so 'cloudy' around disc brakes and those misleading claims by dealers, WHY shouldn't I go for a used one ? any thoughts on opting for a used scooter than to go for a new one ?

I'm not in hurry to buy one , can wait for a good deal, but earlier the better.
and at the same time I am looking for VFM for every penny I'm going to pay for it(new or used one)

Please share your thoughts.

Mine is old(2009) model and used by my wife fro short trips only. Running less than 6 km daily.I guess it giving between 40-45 kmpl. Though activa and Dio comes with same engine with different tuning. So Dio will give better milage than activa and due to fiber body less weight too.
I was suggesting you 'Activa i" which is a different model, light weight and the lowest varient in the Honda scooter models.

Both the Dio and Activa are Heavy Scooters.Did you like the TVS Brothers Sir ?
My dear TVS fan[:D], read the thread starters TVS dealership and call center experience. If they are not interested to sell why we need to go behind them?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
anyone at TAI has approached TVS motors for malpractices followed by their dealers ?
pls share the post/thread if any . Thanks

No Sir,My Mom and Me went to the Ramkay TVS Showroom a Month back in Chennai and It wasn't like this at all.The Sales guy was very Generous but They have absolutely No Knowledge about their Products.All they do is the Reat the Tech Specs from Paper.You ask them anything and they are Squashed.I advised her to Go for the Wego with Disc and On-road came 55K for the Disc Version with All the Accesories.I am sorry,I don't remember the List of Accesories but the Mirrors were Optional and were charged Extra.I have spoken to many and some say it is worst and some say they are good.It's your choice then.But Do Remember,The Ride quality espicially on Bad Roads and Seats were atleast a 1000 Lightyears Better than the Dio and Activa.

Top Bottom