Please help: Insurance issues

Thread Starter #1
Guys, this is my first post on this forum. Please help me out:
My swift met with an accident in early jan 2011. Comprehensive insurance with depreciation reimbursement was done through tata aig. The car was badly banged up and repairs took till mid of march. After that it has been the authorized workshop playing games. The situation now is:
Tata AIG is stated to have passed the workshop invoice.
Workshop is not releasing car coz it is claiming from me, cost of the ECU, and a lot of stuff under the heading "consumables", including the battery.
I had been given a prior hint that they will play this game and try to fleece me for more, coz tata AIG had refused to pass the bill for the ECU (which their surveyor had initially found to be ok and claimed later, fraudulently)

My issue now is:
Normally, am I liable to pay for the so called "Consumables"
Would consumables include the Battery?
As a ball-park figure, how much is the maximum I should pay for the so called consumables?
And how do I resolve the issue of the ECU, that Tata AIG is not paying for, but the workshop claims to be a part of the repair and is trying to recover from me.

It has been 4 months now and the situation is getting hopeless. I hope you guys can please advise me.
Many thanks and best regards.

hey buddy welcome to TAI. i think only small items like coolant etc are included in consumables and not battery or ECU! maybe they are trying to trick on you. am not expert but hope other gurus on TAI can help!!

350Z

Core Team
Hello Srish, Welcome aboard to The Automotive India. I don’t think that ECU is included under consumables at all. Please check with policies of Tata AIG.

srish said:
Normally, am I liable to pay for the so called "Consumables"
Yes. As long as those items included are justified.

As a ball-park figure, how much is the maximum I should pay for the so called consumables?
Can you post the list of items that they are claiming as consumables? It'll provide a better idea. For rest of the questions, I'll confirm and answer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom