Planning Up a Kanpur To Kanyakumari Solo Drive

Thread Starter #1
Hi all automotive indians i am planing a long adventure trip from kanpur to all the way to kanyakumari[;)] in second half of december in my wagon r seeking your advice for the route which is selected .

1) Day 1 - kanpur -jhansi- sagar - narsinghpur-chindwara -nagpur.
2) Day 2 - Nagpur- hyderabad mostly four lane but heared MH and AP border not in good condition rest breeze to drive.
3)Day 3 - hyderabad -bangalOre but no idea of road condition in fathom mostly all four lanes .[confused]
I have some work in bangalore and have to stay there for a day or two after that will head towards kanyakumari .
Planing to buY a map my india gps without which it will become very difficult to drive any other feedback or suggestion will be appreciated .
REGARDS
DEVESH DIKSHIT

Last edited:
Hi all automotive indians i am planing a long adventure trip from kanpur to all the way to kanyakumari[;)] in second half of december in my wagon r seeking your advice for the route which is selected .

2) Day 2 - Nagpur- hyderabad mostly four lane but heared MH and AP border not in good condition rest breeze to drive.
3)Day 3 - hyderabad -bangalOre but no idea of road condition in fathom mostly all four lanes .[confused]
I have some work in bangalore and have to stay there for a day or two after that will head towards kanyakumari .
Planing to buY a map my india gps without which it will become very difficult to drive any other feedback or suggestion will be appreciated .
REGARDS
DEVESH DIKSHIT
Hyderabad Bangalore road is excellent. You will not have any issue on that stretch at all. It is four lane all the way.

Thanks can you suggest me weather are there any decent restaurants available on the stretch
There are a few place on the way. Some major towns include Jadcherla, Kurnool, Goothy, Anantapur, Chikkaballapur.

Jadchelara has a few place (Virath, etc) on the highway itself.
Kurnool has a Ghar Dhaba at the company owned company operated BP petrol station (you have to take a U-turn to go there)
Goothy also has a Ghar Dhaba, but, is not always functional. There is another hotel about 200 meter down the road on the left, I am not able to recollect the name of it
Anantapur has a few place on the highway - I have never stopped there for food, so, no idea
Chikkaballapur has a Kamat at a company owned company operated BP petrol station (again, you need to take a U-turn)

Bangalore to Kanyakumari you have excellent road. I had done this stretch and there will be no issues at all. There are a good number of places to get good food too.

Last edited:

REGARDS
DEVESH DIKSHIT
When I travelled from Agra - Hyderabad - Bangalore in February 2013 the stretch between Gwalior and Nagpur was worst due to the road expansion work, for more than 100 kms absolutely there was no road, get an update on present status.

From Bangalore to Kanyakumari, the roads are excellent.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...s-road-trip-covering-13-states-17-days-5.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-7-days-road-trip-ghost-town-end-country.html

Thread Starter #7
Thank you masti android for such a information in depth .

Thanks a lot ab jawahar sir for recommending such a nice hotel i will try to get a accommodation there .I really appreciate your invitation if i will be there on a weekend surely let you know.

AR RAM sir i am trying to get as much information about road condition in detail thanks for valuable inputs.

Top Bottom