Planning Trip From Bangalore - Kundapur

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Kundapur with my parents my wife & my 1 1/2 year old daughter. I am planning to take this route Bangalore-Hassan-Chickamagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Kundapur. Kindly let me know if this is the best route. Also would be of great help if i can information on road conditions. I will be traveling in my Honda Amaze petrol. Please help.

Thanks,
Avinash

Re: Planning Trip From Bangalore-Kundapur

Hi Avinash,

If you are going directly to Kundapur, this is the best route.

Regards
Gireesh Raj

Re: Planning Trip From Bangalore-Kundapur

I presume you will not going through Charmudi Ghat road. This road is closed from Jan 20 for repairs

I presume you will not going through Charmudi Ghat road. This road is closed from Jan 20 for repairs
Correction : Not Charmadi but Shiradi Ghat (Sakleshpur to Gundya) will be closed from Jan 20 till May end.

Hi All,
I am planning a trip from Bangalore to Kundapur with my parents my wife & my 1 1/2 year old daughter. I am planning to take this route Bangalore-Hassan-Chickamagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Kundapur. Kindly let me know if this is the best route. Also would be of great help if i can information on road conditions. I will be traveling in my Honda Amaze petrol. Please help.
This is the best route. Except between Chikkamagalur and Aldur which has rough patches in few places entire route is excellent to drive. Agumbe Ghat is in awesome condition.
But from Chikkamagalur till Someshwara you will have twisty winding route all the way. Hence take care of back seat travelers.

Dont go to chikmagalur.

Banglore-hassan-belur-mudigere-kalasa-kudremuk-karkala-manipal-udupi-kundapur.

If you want to go to shringeri, take right turn between kudremuk-karkala at Chikmaglur/udupi dst border.

From shringeri you can go to agumbe too. Once you get down from agumbe, you can take a right to kundapur, not sure how good that road is. Else continue on that road to reach manipal.

Thread Starter #6
Hi All,
A small change in my travel plan. We will be first heading to Udupi and then to Kundapur. So should I take the charmadi ghat ? Is there route via Mysore. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Avinash

Hi All,
A small change in my travel plan. We will be first heading to Udupi and then to Kundapur. So should I take the charmadi ghat ? Is there route via Mysore. Kindly let me know.

Thanks,
Avinash
From Agumbe take straight road, Hebri - Hiriyadka - Manipal - Udupi.

Hi All,
If you aren't going to Agumbe/Kuduremukh, then yes. Charmadi - Moodbidri - Karkala - Udupi. The route via Mysore is an overkill & takes 1.5-2hrs extra probably.

If you are going to through Agumbe, the Amruth has already answered you below.

From Agumbe take straight road, Hebri - Hiriyadka - Manipal - Udupi.

Last edited:
Road condition update
Bengaluru - Nelamangal - Hassan - Chikkamagalur - Sringeri - Agumbe - Halady - Neralakatte - Hattiyangadi - Kundapur.

Bengaluru to Hassan : tolled 4 lane road, its breeze to drive.
Hassan to Chikkamagalur : 2 lane road with very few rough patches. Generally good.
Chikkamagalur to Aldur : intial 4 to 5 kms are bad. After bad patched surface becomes smooth.
Aldur-Balehonnur-Sringeri : Twisty road with good condition
Sringeri-Agumbe-Kundapur : very good road. Few rough patched with pot holes around Shankaranarayana. Agumbe ghat is in very good shape. Nothing to worry about landslide area.
Breakfast at Swathi Delicacy
Coffee break at Badra stop Coffee shop few km before Balehonnur town
Lunch at Sringeri temple.

I drove Fiesta with family.

Last edited:

Top Bottom