Planning to change shoes for my Zen Estilo (Lxi) - Bought Michelin XM1+

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am planning to upgrade or rather change tyres in my Zen Estilo. At present she is running on 145/70 13” rubber and I am planning to upgrade a little to 155/65 13” or 165/65 13”.

So here I am at my trusted place to get the answer and further discussion on this.

What do you suggest the upgrade level – 155/65 13” OR 165/65 13” ?

Is it possible to change the shoes on my current steel rim or should I upgrade to alloys. If yes, please help me select a good company ?

Suggest tyre brands as well.

Feel free to ask if you have any doubt or suggestion.

Re: Planning to change shoes for my Zen Estilo (Lxi)

Do you have alloys in mind ? If yes then change tyre and alloys at same time.
For what time do want to keep your ride ? if more than 3+ from now then go for michelin
initially they cost a bit more but performance wise they are the best.

165/65 13” but check for alloys then

Thread Starter #3

Do you have alloys in mind ? If yes then change tyre and alloys at same time. (Please tell me benefit, if any)
For what time do want to keep your ride ? if more than 3+ from now then go for michelin
initially they cost a bit more but performance wise they are the best.

165/65 13” but check for alloys then
I have alloys in mind but car is already 4 years (almost) old and covered some 58K kms. So whether it is advisable to go for alloys ?

Yes, I am planning to keep my ride for some time now. Not sure though about 3yrs or more but answer is yes [:)].

Dealers are saying that 155/65 13" would go best and Michelin XM1+ also comes in 155/65 13". So what do you guys suggest ?

I have alloys in mind but car is already 4 years (almost) old and covered some 58K kms. So whether it is advisable to go for alloys ?
Go ahead

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-wheels-providers-india.html?highlight=alloys

Not sure though about 3yrs or more but answer is yes
Then go for Michelin XM1+

Dealers are saying that 155/65 13" would go best and Michelin XM1+ also comes in 155/65 13". So what do you guys suggest ?
165/65 13" you will give some GC marginal increase. but first decide on alloys and then check the tires accordingly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

Ok. What if I do not want to go for Alloys ! Can I still use present steel rims for tubeless tyres ? What is important to consider while buying tubeless tyres and also in general while buying a new pair of shoes for your ride !

I have short listed three companies:

Michelin
Bridestone
Yokohama

Which one you guys prefer as a brand and gives better tyres for car like mine.

Ok. What if I do not want to go for Alloys ! Can I still use present steel rims for tubeless tyres ? What is important to consider while buying tubeless tyres and also in general while buying a new pair of shoes for your ride !

I have short listed three companies:

Michelin
Bridestone
Yokohama

Which one you guys prefer as a brand and gives better tyres for car like mine.
Better to stick with Bridgestone because they are very well suited for Indian roads(my Versa did great with Bridgestone in bad roads) 165/65 13 . I think you can use the same rims for the size.

Thread Starter #8

Better to stick with Bridgestone because they are very well suited for Indian roads(my Versa did great with Bridgestone in bad roads) 165/65 13 . I think you can use the same rims for the size.
Yes you can.

All are equally good. Michelin +1
Oh boy ! Now there is a doubt, one suggests Bridgestone and another one Michelin [:)]

No body to support Yokohama's ?

Well I had a discussion with few tyre walas and they are quoting different rates for the same tyre XM1+. What is important to note while buying a tyre;

1. Manufacturing date (how old is too old and should be a No NO)
  2. thread
  3. company

Also check out Apollo Accelere. They are quite good. I recently upgraded the tyres on my sister's Wagon R LXi from 145's to 155's. Somehow Yokohama's are over hyped. the A-Drives are not that great. They were launched at a attractive price but now the price has increased. The Yokohamas and Michelins have weaker sidewalls and a lot of people have complaints. Between the Yokohama and Michelin, I would pick the Michelin. I am really impressed with the Accelere's. The tread pattern is also quite nice.

Thread Starter #10

Yes Peter I have also seen many cars on Acceleres but not sure about the their performance. Please share more inputs on them and how do you see Accelere over XM1+ or which one is best.

How about Conti Eco Contact 3 ?

Last edited:

Michelin gives you the best performance where as Bridgestone has a mix of performance + durability. Michelin scores on performance where as Bridgestone on durability.

Accelere is prone for punctures (seen it on my friends' cars). For Indian driving conditions, many tire experts say Bridgestone is ideal. (Turanza is a mid variant and good VFM). If you are too keen on performance, then go for Michelin

Last edited:

I am using Michelin and hence I am suggesting you. I can see/feel the difference. After shifting to Michelin noise level decreased in cabin + less bumps over path-holes + improved grip + improved handling.

Thread Starter #13

Thanks carfreak. Any thoughts on Continental "Conti Eco Contact 3" tyres ? Are they good?

As such I heart tilting towards XM1+ but I do not want to leave off my options so early. Just to inform you guys, I planning this change on coming Sat / Sun.

So all of you are requested to give your inputs as early as possible.

Thanks for your time (Of course)

Thread Starter #14

Ok Friends.

I got my car shoes changed to Michelin XM1+ yesterday evening from Reliance Autozone, Najafgarh. I paid Rs. 12,300/- for four tyres.

What do you say it is good deal or not.

Top Bottom