Planning to change shoes for my Zen Estilo (Lxi) - Bought Michelin XM1+

Thread Starter #17
Re: Planning to change shoes for my Zen Estilo (Lxi)

Good choice mate. How much did the old tires fetch ??
They gave me Rs. 100/- per tyre [frustration]

shailinder That's a nice deal. Have you also done balancing ? If not then do it.
Yes they did perform balancing before installing tyres to my car.

Thanks guys for your support [thumbsup]

Yes Peter I have also seen many cars on Acceleres but not sure about the their performance. Please share more inputs on them and how do you see Accelere over XM1+ or which one is best.
How about Conti Eco Contact 3 ?
Acceleres are a good compromise between comfort and performance. The pricing is good compared to Michelins. In fact the Acceleres were developed when Apollo had a tie-up with Michelin.

Ok Friends.

I got my car shoes changed to Michelin XM1+ yesterday evening from Reliance Autozone, Najafgarh. I paid Rs. 12,300/- for four tyres.

What do you say it is good deal or not.
Congrats. The tyres are a bit expensive compared to the Acceleres a which I got for 2620 each.

Michelin gives you the best performance where as Bridgestone has a mix of performance + durability. Michelin scores on performance where as Bridgestone on durability.

Accelere is prone for punctures (seen it on my friends' cars). For Indian driving conditions, many tire experts say Bridgestone is ideal. (Turanza is a mid variant and good VFM). If you are too keen on performance, then go for Michelin
I was not happy with the OEM Bridstones on my Siena. The Goodyear NCT5 were much better. Cannot comment on the Michelins as i haven't used them. Regarding the Accelere punctures also I cannot comment as I have just fitted the tyres. However I haven't heard many complaints on these tyres.

I am using Michelin and hence I am suggesting you. I can see/feel the difference. After shifting to Michelin noise level decreased in cabin + less bumps over path-holes + improved grip + improved handling.
Well you're the best person to comment on these tyres as you're using them. Anyway Shailinder took your advise and bought the tyres.

Ok Friends.

I got my car shoes changed to Michelin XM1+ yesterday evening from Reliance Autozone, Najafgarh. I paid Rs. 12,300/- for four tyres.

What do you say it is good deal or not.
Congrats Shailinder, you got new rubber at great prices. BTW what about your old tires. I dont think Reliance would have purchased your old shoes?

PS: Its time you post some pics of your shy Estilo.

Thread Starter #20

Well you're the best person to comment on these tyres as you're using them. Anyway Shailinder took your advise and bought the tyres.
Absolutely Peter. I took his advice with others and took the plunge. You are right they are expensive if one compares with Apollo etc. Even Yokohama's were coming around 2800 - 2900 price band with same combination.

Well thanks [thumbsup]
My previous tiers were Goodyear.They lasted for 25k kms only. Although its now 5 year old.
The tires were in very bad condition and causing very loud noise inside cabin.also there was a very irritating zag-zag noise inside.
I was frustrated and checked with service station and also tire dealer and both suggested to change them.
I had then checked all options for upgrade and then selected Mechallin XM1. They are expensive among all brands but quality wise best.And
I am also experiencing the difference even all of my family members are now happy with noise in cabin and ride quality and backed my decision.
When I asked about prices then For 12"
Apollo acceleres - 2300
Goodyear - 2050
Bridgestone - 2600
Mechallin -2800

They gave me Rs. 100/- per tyre [frustration]
One question to all, do I have to fill normal air in these tyres or rather can I fill normal air ? If not, then what would be the ideal frequency to fill Nitrogen in these tyres ? Any recommendation ?
Don worry, normal air would do the job mate. You could have pushed for Rs200 per tyre. Cos my Apollo Amazer XL which was @25k old fetched Rs500 per tyre. Never mind, enjoy your ride on new shoes [drive]

Thread Starter #23

Don worry, normal air would do the job mate. You could have pushed for Rs200 per tyre. Cos my Apollo Amazer XL which was @25k old fetched Rs500 per tyre. Never mind, enjoy your ride on new shoes [drive]
You are right carfreak. I should have but I was so overwhelmed that I forgot that I have to negotiate sshhh [frustration].

It happened when I purchased my car as well. But this time, "hmm hmm" I would be more wiser than stupid[roll].

Don't worry Even I had given only Rs 250 for 4 [sleep]

Thread Starter #25

Don't worry Even I had given only Rs 250 for 4 [sleep]
Then I have gained some Rs. 150/- [lol]party time.

But friends you have not answered my question regarding the frequency of filling Nitrogen in my tyres ? Normal would do as suggested by "Carfreak" but nitrogen ! Tell me guys

Then I have gained some Rs. 150/- [lol]party time.

But friends you have not answered my question regarding the frequency of filling Nitrogen in my tyres ? Normal would do as suggested by "Carfreak" but nitrogen ! Tell me guys
First of all congrats Sailinder for new shoes [:)]
I would suggest to stick to normal air. Advantages of filling up Nitrogen are not too many, may be that you have to less frequently check the pressure. When I got new set for my ride, I checked and didnt get any positive for Nitrogen fill.

Waiting to hear what others say on this.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Planning to change shoes for my Zen Estilo (Lxi)-Bought Michelin XM1+

Note: Discussions related to Nitrogen moved to the relevant thread (Link in above post).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #29
Refilling update

On Saturday, I topped up nitrogen. It was difficult to locate a pump with nitrogen station as well in Dwarka (Delhi) [frustration]. I did not know that it would be pain or unless you are lucky to have one near your place. I could not check the pressure at the time of refilling because it was not working and the person used normal measuring unit in hand to check. He asked for Rs. 50/- but I gave Rs. 40\-(Rs. 10\- per tyre).

Do not know whether it is ok or not. [confused]

Re: Planning to change shoes for my Zen Estilo (Lxi)-Bought Michelin XM1+

40 is quite high, I generally give 20

Top Bottom