Planning To Buy Bajaj Avenger - Need Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #16
Not much bro, though we have a few. Never tried them for anything so really can't comment.

freakdude.
Alright.

Just noticed that they have removed the manual Kick from Avenger too, like pulsar 220. Ahh, I would miss the connection that one gets with a kick. Push button start seems like playing with a toy.

Just noticed that they have removed the manual Kick from Avenger too, like pulsar 220. Ahh, I would miss the connection that one gets with a kick. Push button start seems like playing with a toy.
Ok that's some news for me, are the tyre's are still MRF or have they gone for cheap Eurogrip?

Thread Starter #19
Still MRF. Thank God for small mercies.
I suppose MRF are good then, right?

I am taking delivery of avenger most probably tomorrow. Any advice on pdi?
Should I be keen on manufacturing date? Apart from any scratches and workking of features, anything else to be kept in mind?
Or should I just stay cool.

Stay Cool but don't ignore any odd thing you spot. Test all electricals, start the bike and let it idle, look out for any scratches on the body. check the mfd date and that of tyres too. All the best. Are you taking delivery from the bajaj dealer(forgot the name, I guess Suman Bajaj) that is in Lohiya Nagar, on the main road opp. to Patel nagar?

freakdude.

Thread Starter #21
Stay Cool but don't ignore any odd thing you spot. Test all electricals, start the bike and let it idle, look out for any scratches on the body. check the mfd date and that of tyres too. All the best. Are you taking delivery from the bajaj dealer(forgot the name, I guess Suman Bajaj) that is in Lohiya Nagar, on the main road opp. to Patel nagar?

freakdude.
Thanks for advices.
How to know the manufacturing date of a bike, I guess some decoding of VIN may be required. Anyways, I will ask the dealer to let me know.
You have a good memory and it seems you know wll about my place too.
Earlier I had plans to take it from the one near patel nagar in ghaziabad, but his stock arrival is getting delayed. This dealer is Shiva scooter agency.
So, planning to get it from Noida sec-2, Suman motors.

Thanks for advices.
How to know the manufacturing date of a bike, I guess some decoding of VIN may be required. Anyways, I will ask the dealer to let me know.
You have a good memory and it seems you know wll about my place too.
Earlier I had plans to take it from the one near patel nagar in ghaziabad, but his stock arrival is getting delayed. This dealer is Shiva scooter agency.
So, planning to get it from Noida sec-2, Suman motors.
I've stayed in GZB for a good 11year in a lot of different locations. I confused Shiva with Noida's Suman, sorry for that. Actually I had a contact in Shiva, so i thought i might be able to assist you in your delivery being smooth, but just yesterday came to know that the person i knew has left the job. anyways, all the best for your cruiser.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #24
I've stayed in GZB for a good 11year in a lot of different locations. I confused Shiva with Noida's Suman, sorry for that. Actually I had a contact in Shiva, so i thought i might be able to assist you in your delivery being smooth, but just yesterday came to know that the person i knew has left the job. anyways, all the best for your cruiser.

freakdude.
Thanks for wishes. hope it becomes another great ride for me.

Thread Starter #25
SUPPOSEDLY, Saturday is not an auspicious day to bring metal objects at home [cry]. So, I have to postpone the purchase to tomorrow.

ALL my vehicles have been bought on a saturday (inauspicious day= no cutomers at the dalerrship=no pressure of deliveries on the dealership= good PDI, attentive documentation and king like treatment assured= peace of mind) and all of them, bar none have been performing excellently.

Off topic but reminds me of a statement made by APJ Abdul Kalam : " Till the time the planets keep revolving around the sun, all days are auspicious for me."

Never mind. Waiting to see your Avenger on Monday.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
Seriously guys, I don't give a darn to all such things. If only it was not my parents who said it, I would not have cared. Yesterday, I slept with avenger on my mind, made all the preparations and made up my mind, but got this bad info in the morning.
I wish the bike was made of fibre.

Sam, I thought the same and promised my dealer that I would be there for delivery by cash on saturday, but this happened.

Jayadev, that means all days except sat are inauspiciuos for you!! That's a stronger superstition!!

I dont have any beliefs , I prefer saturday as Sam mentioned no crowd and Royal treatement people find enough time to calmly sit and discuss with me.
Morever I take an additional benefit of sunday being holiday, I warn them if not today I change my mind by monday so things gets done briskly.(generally I do change my mind by monday)
punto's case was to disaprove the shani theory.
When somebody comes up with shani I would ask them which calendar they follow?
Is it hindu,gregorian or mayan or something else which they are following to track down shani prakop..most of those people end up in loss of words and I move on.

@Sam, I appointed a lady for fungus control. She is doing a nice job.(wife)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom