Planning on buying i20 - Need Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hello Fellow Members

A big HI to all of you. This is my first post in this excellent forum and I want to seek advice from all the gurus/experienced members present here.

I am planning to buy a hatch between 5 lacs to 6.5 lacs, and i20 fits the bill perfectly. However, have read quite a few horror stories related to steering, suspension and A/C issues with i20. Can you guys please suggest if the problem still persists in this car of has Hyundai corrected it? Also, if the issue is so prevalent then how come this car does so many numbers month on month.

Please also advise me if I can opt for any other car in the bracket mentioned above.

350Z

Core Team
Hello Anuj, Welcome to The Automotive India. Before we discuss further – I should bring it to notice that New Hyundai i20 just around the corner with revised design and other updates. So it's better to wait for a while if you can. Meanwhile, we can also suggest other cars that are avilable under this much budget but, please spend a few moments to answer the questions as asked in the following thread. Thanks! http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-shopper/1298-looking-buy-car-must-read.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

mathuranuj welcome to TAI

First give us more inputs about your requirements like space, handling , performance etc also what is your monthly running?

PS: Use search feature and you find many threads full of information regarding best hatchback selection.

+1 to 350Z, i20 uplift has already been caught testing in India whic is based on the 'fluidic' concept. Might be expected in 2012. Hence its better to give a wait or go ahead with other cars

Thread Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys for your responses and apologies for not introducing myself.

My name is Anuj Mathur and I work in one of the top IT companies in Noida. My birth place is Delhi. I currently own a Palio ELX and I love the car for its sturdiness, strength and driving dynamics. Even though it is not a scorcher but it definitely is sure footed.

Hello Anuj welcome to TAI. Well you drive a Palio? Then don't ever think of i20! You will feel terribly disappointed with the boat like handling and lack of steering feedback from the car. But if you have taken a TD and have decided to adjust with it then as others said do wait for the facelift i20. But as far as your queries go AFAIK i20 does not have any suspension issues , just that its tuned for comfort and so at high speeds the car is not very stable. As far as AC goes yes during summers the cabin takes a LOT of time to cool. And as far as the steering rattle goes not all the cars have that issues , only few have them. All the above are based on the fact that my friend owns an i20 Asta for 1.5 years now.

But since you already have a Fiat why not Punto? You will feel at home!

Last edited:

Top Bottom