Planning for a Long Road Trip in Tata Nano

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

This week i have a plan for LONG trip, really long trip (2500 KMS) with my NANO.

Any one have ideas about good roadways between Chennai - Madurai - Kerala (Sabarimala, Chottanikara, Guruvayoor, Madurai - Chennai) please share.

2500kms?! [surprise]
Seems like you are trying to be a part of the guiness world records [lol].

Anyways go ahead, Drive Safe [drive] & have fun..
I am sorry, I don't have much idea on the roads!

Hello Sami welcome to TAI. That is good long trip you have planned in your Nano. I can assure you that Roads till Madurai are in good condition and Nano can do it easily.

Hello Sami welcome to TAI. That is good long trip you have planned in your Nano. I can assure you that Roads till Madurai are in good condition and Nano can do it easily.

Madurai to dindigul NH 47 (old NH 7)

Dindigul to Pollachi NH 83 and NH 209

Pollachi to Thrissur SH58

Thrissur to Guruvayoor SH 22 , SH 69 and SH 49

I dont know how the road is from pollachi to guruvayoor as i traveled a year ago, but other roads are fine for the nano to make a run.

Thread Starter #5

I dont know how the road is from pollachi to guruvayoor as i traveled a year ago, but other roads are fine for the nano to make a run.

Thanks Vinesh.. I need some more details from madurai to Sabarimala via Kumily road.. is it ok to travel via on that path..

Pollachi - Thrissur

Pollachi to Vadakkanchery - State Highway is single line but in good condition - Pollachi, Govindapuram, Kollengode, Nenmara, Vadakkanchery.

Vadakkanchery to Thrissur - NH47 (old number)
Be careful about private buses in this road. It is a two line highway without a divider.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Thanks all for your sharing. I had completed the longtrip and returned home Safely..

Thanks all for your sharing. I had completed the longtrip and returned home Safely..

Even I too saw a NANO(AP reg.) last month in vellore near Golden temple, which was returned from sabarimala and headed towards Andhra..

Congrats for your trip.. [cheers]

Did you faced any issues in state border.. Share your experience with us :)

Top Bottom