Planning a Tirupati Trip

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Planning to visit Thiruapati on March end - April first week. A group of 10 people will be travelling and we are planning to go there on train. All of us are travelling to Thirupati for the first time and would like to get some input on how to plan the trip.
  • Heard the darsan should be booked in advance. But I can see a lot of sites offering bookings (ttdtickets.com, ttddarshans.com, ttdsevaonline.com). Which is the genuine one?
  • Heard hotels/rooms are also available in Temple compound. Is it a good option?
  • Is it advisable to take cabs or take buses from railway station to temple?
  • Any nearby places to visit?
  • Any other points to note?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
ttdsevaonline.com is the correct (direct) website. Open the website and register with them (email and password). Go to the online services page, click on 'Services', then click on to 'Special entry Darshan'' and you will be taken to the daily position where tickets are available. Again, click on to ''accommodation'' and you will come to know where all accommodations are available and the rate ideas.

Those persons are at the age of 65 and above are allowed free i.e. no tickets required (also, someone above the age of 12 can accompany him/her for free) and they will be taken through a special lane which will be almost empty or only little crowd.

Hotels/rooms are available in temple compound, but check if anything available on your dates.

You can try either bus or taxi, but then the bus will not go beyond a limit and you all may have to walk some distance to reach the entry lane. When we went there last year, we hired a taxi (say Jeep and they will accommodate 10/11 people) and the Taxi guy will guide you properly and drop in front the entry lane. Also, he will explain what all places/other temples around you need to visit and the taxi hire depends on how many temples you choose. We wanted only to visit Lord Venkateswara and got him agree to Rs.300 per head. (see details in my travelogue here) - you need some bargain power with these taxi guys!

Thread Starter #3
We wanted only to visit Lord Venkateswara and got him agree to Rs.300 per head. (see details in my travelogue here) - you need some bargain power with these taxi guys!
Thanks @Nairrk. Not able to find the travelogue. I think you missed to include the link. Can you please check?

Thread Starter #5
Oh sorry, fortgot to insert the link. Here it is
Thanks again. You did a road trip with senior citizen in the group! Great [cheers]
I couldn't stop myself from envying the enthusiasm and energy of the group

I am starting from Kochi. Few members will be travelling from Thiruvananthapuram. So planning a train trip this time.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Thanks again. You did a road trip with senior citizen in the group! Great [cheers]
I couldn't stop myself from envying the enthusiasm and energy of the group
Frankly speaking, all are Senior Citizens, but according to TTD rules 65 years are the Senior citizen category (may be to reduce the crowd) hence only one guy from our group just completed 65 before our trip. They were well treated - giving place to sit when there was a queue and given something to eat/drink etc. Well enjoyed, the guy and his wife, whereas we all had to stand in the queue (even after paying Rs.300/head) for almost 3 hours (some special Puja was going on that day hence the delay).

We all went for another trip last month (this time 15 people -only old couples and no children) - if you are interested see this travelogue

Thread Starter #7
Someone told me that there are refreshment counters in the 300/head queue.
We all went for another trip last month (this time 15 people -only old couples and no children) - if you are interested see this travelogue
This one I already read :)

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Someone told me that there are refreshment counters in the 300/head queue.
Yes, we were also told the same thing and remember reading in TTD website, But all the time we waited in the queue, we didn't get anything. Later we asked the taxi guy who said that those refreshment are meant for senior citizens and not for all. Drinking water tape's were provided along the queue, that's all we have seen. ...

Srikalahasti Temple is an important temple located around 40km away from Tirupati. It is one of the most famous Shiva temples in South India and the main deity is Lord Siva in the form of Vayu linga, one of the Panchabhoota Sthalams, representing wind. The sub shrines are Rahu and Ketu. Rahu-Ketu pooja is very famous here. The temple is also regarded as Rahu-Ketu Temple. APSRTC buses are available frequently to Srikalahasti. Wish you a very happy journey. Is it possible to travel to Tiruppati in this COVID 19 period?.

Last edited:

Top Bottom