Pioneer DEH X3590 UI and JBL-GTO 949. Suggestions Please.

Thread Starter #1
Please suggest on the above combination Pioneer X 3590 UI and GTO 949.
Does this combination requires an amplifier.
GTO 949 has a woofer cone, any idea on this cone.
Please give your valuable suggestions.
Thank You

Please suggest on the above combination Pioneer X 3590 UI and GTO 949.
Does this combination requires an amplifier.
Not Necessary,But if you want more power and Sound Clarity out of it,Then you can use one.It will work fine even without an amplifier.[:)]

GTO 949 has a woofer cone, any idea on this cone.
Please give your valuable suggestions.
Thank You
Its a 3 Way Speaker,it has a mid range,Tweeter and a woofer cone,It will give you good high's,mid's and low's.:)

Which is your car? Any more doubts please? [:)]

Thread Starter #3
thanks for the reply.
Setup is for Manza.
In booklet of Pioneer X3590, under warning it says "Do not use speakers with less than 3 impedance" and these speakers have 2 only.
So will this be a prob if it is plz list some spekers with 3 to 4 impedance.
Thank you

thanks for the reply.
Setup is for Manza.
Ok

In booklet of Pioneer X3590, under warning it says "Do not use speakers with less than 3 impedance" and these speakers have 2 only.
So will this be a prob if it is plz list some spekers with 3 to 4 impedance.
Thank you
Any thing less than 3 is a problem,GTO 949 is 4 Ohms.So no problems.[:)] also you can fix 5.25" Coaxial Speaker on front door too for better sound. JBL CS5 is good.

Last edited:
Anyone using JBL GTO 949 here? I need some information.
I wanted to know if the output is good without connecting it to an amplifier?

im using jbl 949 with pioneer deh 3490 in ford figo,the out put with out amp is superb,good bass ,ford figo does not hve real parcel tray so that im kept those speakers in separate speaker box,

It should be good. I use GTO 938 along with Pioneer DEH-5450 in my car without an Amp. Sounds grate and has superb bass. The speakers rated as 2 Ohm too but they say it's safe to use in head units which needs 4 Ohm speakers. Have been using it for around year and so far no issue. And if you can use component speakers for the front. They usually offer higher sound quality than coaxials.

Hey guys ! Actually i wanted to go in for this comination, Pioneer DEH- X3590UI and JBL GTO 949 speakers. But later on Changed it do Pioneer DEH- X6590BT and JBL GTO S959. Not installed it yet. But just bought the parts. Do i need an amplifier for this setup? I have a budget of 4.5k for the amp. In the future, I may go for a sub-woofer. Please suggest guys.

Guys i am running into a problem. I bought the head unit after i bought the speakers. Now the HU manual says "Do not use this head unit with 1 ohm and 3ohm speakers.Using may result in fire or damage to the head unit".When i checked my speakers impedance. To my horror, The speakers say 3 ohm impedance. Can i use this setup or do i need to change my speakers?Please help guys [cry]

Actually guys which is the best? JBL GTO 949 or JBL GTO -S959?. Because some features like bulit in crossover network in the 949 is missing in s959. Can someone post a detailed review and analysis on both the speakers and tell me which is the best?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessary, I got a JBL GTO 959 and Pioneer FHX759 BT along with JBL GTO 649C in the front with no amplifiers or subwoofer. It is rocking amazing[clap]

Guys finally i got my ice setup installed. Varunvv11, You were right bro ! The effect is just amazing. I don't even need a sub. It's so excellent. Pics to follow soon.

Top Bottom