Pictures & Videos Of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Nairrk

Honoured Member
10 people die as car gets crushed between 2 trucks

car-1546191848.jpg

Ten people of a family were killed on Sunday after a car was crushed between two trucks in a road accident on Bhachau-Kandla Highway in Gujarat, PTI reported quoting police.
The victims were travelling to Bhuj, their hometown, from Bhachau when the tragedy struck.

Read:

[QUOTE="
Three ways this accident could have been prevented.
1. There is a possibility of human fatigue (overnight B'lore to Mumbai drive). The unfortunate car driver could have reacted bit late, when the lorry braked. Have a shut-eye at a Toll Plaza, if feeling sleepy.
2. These "mileage centric hatchback cars" (light weight, short bonnet, thin sheet metal, minimum crumble zone) are good to survive low speed crashes. Their very own nature leaves them at a distinct disadvantage in "high speed Highway Crashes". Knowing this limitation, had the driver maintained atleast "THREE car lengths" (10-12 meters) braking distance, he would have had a chance.
3. Unless the car got "4 star + rating" in NCAP crash Tests, do not cross 100 kph.

Footnote: At today's fuel prices, "a 3 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹75,000" and "a 5 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹1,25,000" . Seeing our children grow up nicely in this Competitive World is priceless than saving these meager amounts. BUY SAFER CARS and Drive Safe.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree on point 2, even point 1 was given a miss by the driver - Why would someone insane would want to drive from Bangalore to Mumbai on their Wagon R that too with decision to carry 2 kids. This is absolutely criminal and suicidal. People who have met with or experienced major accidents and came out alive know the real value of buying safe cars. Wagon R is a city car, meant to be driven in and around city at reasonable speeds. These small hatches are NOT MEANT to be driven at 100+ kmph speeds on highways. Common people just take their life for granted whilst making a decision to buy cars and how they use it. I have seen loads of families during Diwali and Pongal weekend driving to their home town or villages from Bangalore and Chennai with their entire family and tons of luggage and driving at very high speeds during night! This is a common sight during festival weekends. People are wise to purchase small hatches for office and city run-abouts but they are not suitable for sustained highway driving. The risks of driving long distance is high and its too big a handicap to choose a small hatch for such purposes. My heart feels for the kids as its not their fault and even if its the fault of the truck driver, the entire fault should squarely lay with the parents.
You need cars with good structural engineering and rigidity to be able to survive such crashes. But unfortunately for Indians, the choice is very limited in the segments people can afford. The leading car makers like Hyundai and Maruti who control close to 75% of the sales combined, promote gizmos and fuel efficiency. People's preference is DRL, LED, projectors etc and safety takes a big back seat when choosing cars.

Your footnote on savings on FE is a good illustration! If it could change the minds of a few people to decide buying a safe care, you have done a stellar job! Hats off!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Four killed in Yamuna Expressway accident

screenshot-timesofindia.indiatimes.com 2019-01-03 09-37-59-753.jpeg

AGRA: Four persons, including a minor, were killed when a tyre of the SUV they were travelling in burst on Yamuna Expressway on Wednersday. Three other occupants of the vehicle, including a woman and a teenager, suffered grievous injuries.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Accident involving BRT vehicle leaves one dead, three critical

screenshot-timesofindia.indiatimes.com 2019-01-10 10-35-28-013.jpeg

AHMEDABAD: A 32-year-old man was killed and three persons of the same family suffered critical injuries when a BRT vehicle hit a the man’s two wheeler and then a car in which a family was travelling near Pallav Crossroad in the Shastrinagar area of the city late on Sunday night.

Read:

Accident involving BRT vehicle leaves one dead, three critical

View attachment 253971

AHMEDABAD: A 32-year-old man was killed and three persons of the same family suffered critical injuries when a BRT vehicle hit a the man’s two wheeler and then a car in which a family was travelling near Pallav Crossroad in the Shastrinagar area of the city late on Sunday night.

Read:
FOUR on a single scooter is quite common in India; when brakes of a Bus fail, it could lead to unfortunate accidents. The children will miss their loving Dad and it is tough for them. I feel sorry for the Family and my sympathies are with them. Hope the Family comes out of Trauma soon.

I was checking HOW i managed to avoid soooooo many potentially dangerous accidents and penned my methods below :
  1. Mission: My mission is to REACH my destination safe.
  2. Which Lane ? : i will stick to the LEFT and won't trespass onto the Faster Lanes, if my bike is loaded.
  3. Speed: i will NOT become a nuisance to others. i will be with the Flow of Traffic. Others have their own priorities, and I AM NOT one of those priorities. Moreover, i don't like even the thought of others secretly bad mouthing me.
  4. Phone: i completely ignore my phone while on my Bike. As i am NOT buying and selling Ships and Planes, i select the "Airplane Mode".
  5. Talking to pillion rider(s): mostly, they talk and i say "Yes ... No... Heh heh heh". Any conversation involving brain-work IS AVOIDED. "Just enjoy the Drive", i tell them.
  6. TWO Mirrors: i don't think that the guy behind me will take care of me. Who knows, this may be his first drive. i keep checking the Traffic behind me.
  7. Hand Signals : i might have blinkers, but i use my hands liberally while "Halting, slowing down, changing lanes or turning".
  8. Attitude: i admit that i bought something WITHIN my Budget ! ... And EVERYONE knows it. i won't try to show-off what i am NOT. Of course, those willing to loose body parts have the liberty to show attitude.
  9. Size DOES Matter : The guy driving a BIGGER vehicle is THE BOSS [evil] . Blocking BOSS or Cutting in front of BOSS is a strict NO-No; he may NOT apply brake. As i do NOT want a visit to nearby Hospital, I will YIELD and DRIVE SAFE.
  10. ALL to Nil: Sorry, but i feel more than half of Indian drivers don't have proper Traffic Sense. A small mistake from someone, and "a living being becomes a dead BODY in no time". I will factor in THAT ERROR from other road users and and will constantly look out for trouble to escape from hazards.
  11. Overtake under OWN POWER: i know i drive a 100CC Bike. If i need someone's MERCY to complete a overtaking move, I will NOT overtake. It is not SMARTNESS but unadultrated BEGGING or STEALING. YUCK. Check PS-2 below.
  12. Suicide help number : Not every driver on the Road works with "Suicide Prevention Squad". They may be busy in their own thoughts. If i cut-in or AIM for that impossible GAP, they may NOT have time to save me from my Suicidal Driving by applying brakes or moving away; who knows, they may have installed DashCams to come out of "Rash and negligent driving Charges". Knowing THESE, i will ERASE my suicidal tendencies before starting the engine and Drive cheerfully and safe.
Drive safe, Be Alert and Reach Home to the loved ones with your dashing smile [cheers]

PS-1: # 9 above is written from MY own experiences of NOT even reaching for brake. Many times, I allowed the bumper to lovingly (meaning, with a Baby hands) touch a two-wheeler. Recently, as I was coming to stop completely at a Signal, a 40 plus old man on his scooter pushed his front wheel inches ahead of me. Had i wanted, I could have held onto my Bike's brakes more tightly; instead I hand and foot came off the brakes. In slow motion he fell down; he got up met my cold staring eyes and without a word just picked up his scooter.
PS-2: This example should help many... Once in moving traffic, a College kid & his buddy were on a Pulsar to my left; we both were moving at Speed of Traffic. A parked Cab was 8-9 feet ahead in Kid's path and he needed to slow down. I knew that the "Kid wasn't going anywhere, if he accelerated, without me applying brakes". Kid accelerated but i didn't CARE to touch my brakes. Kid ended up mildly touching the Cab's bumper and Cab driver caught him. One has to understand that this $#it happens when other drivers do not wish to encourage begging. Let us make "road-beggars-free India" and enjoy our drives [thumbswink][thumbsup]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Five killed in road accident in Ayur (near Kottarakkara)

ayoor_accident.jpg

Five persons were killed in a road accident in Kottarakkara. The accident occurred when KSRTC bus collided with a car. The accident happened in Ayur near Kottarakkara. The accident occurred at 2 pm. Fire and police have reached the spot. The rescue work is progressing with the help of the locals.The cause of the accident is unknown.

Bus-car-accident-1.jpg.image.784.410.jpg

Five of the six in the car have been reported dead on the spot. One's condition is critical. The bodies were cleared by the fire force car. Two women, a child and a driver were killed.
The fifth person's information is not available.

Bus-car-accident-2.jpg.image.784.410.jpg

The Bus was going towards Thiruvanathapuram and the car was going towards Pathanamthitta (head on collision). The accident happened in kampamkode near Ayyur.

Eyewitnesses said that the car hit the KSRTC bus. The car is completely broken.

Credit: Mathrubhumi/Malayalamanorama news papers

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
FOUR on a single scooter is quite common in India; when brakes of a Bus fail, it could lead to unfortunate accidents. The children will miss their loving Dad and it is tough for them. I feel sorry for the Family and my sympathies are with them. Hope the Family comes out of Trauma soon.

I was checking HOW i managed to avoid soooooo many potentially dangerous accidents and penned my methods below :
  1. Mission: My mission is to REACH my destination safe.
  2. Which Lane ? : i will stick to the LEFT and won't trespass onto the Faster Lanes, if my bike is loaded.
  3. Speed: i will NOT become a nuisance to others. i will be with the Flow of Traffic. Others have their own priorities, and I AM NOT one of those priorities. Moreover, i don't like even the thought of others secretly bad mouthing me.
  4. Phone: i completely ignore my phone while on my Bike. As i am NOT buying and selling Ships and Planes, i select the "Airplane Mode".
  5. Talking to pillion rider(s): mostly, they talk and i say "Yes ... No... Heh heh heh". Any conversation involving brain-work IS AVOIDED. "Just enjoy the Drive", i tell them.
  6. TWO Mirrors: i don't think that the guy behind me will take care of me. Who knows, this may be his first drive. i keep checking the Traffic behind me.
  7. Hand Signals : i might have blinkers, but i use my hands liberally while "Halting, slowing down, changing lanes or turning".
  8. Attitude: i admit that i bought something WITHIN my Budget ! ... And EVERYONE knows it. i won't try to show-off what i am NOT. Of course, those willing to loose body parts have the liberty to show attitude.
  9. Size DOES Matter : The guy driving a BIGGER vehicle is THE BOSS [evil] . Blocking BOSS or Cutting in front of BOSS is a strict NO-No; he may NOT apply brake. As i do NOT want a visit to nearby Hospital, I will YIELD and DRIVE SAFE.
  10. ALL to Nil: Sorry, but i feel more than half of Indian drivers don't have proper Traffic Sense. A small mistake from someone, and "a living being becomes a dead BODY in no time". I will factor in THAT ERROR from other road users and and will constantly look out for trouble to escape from hazards.
  11. Overtake under OWN POWER: i know i drive a 100CC Bike. If i need someone's MERCY to complete a overtaking move, I will NOT overtake. It is not SMARTNESS but unadultrated BEGGING or STEALING. YUCK. Check PS-2 below.
  12. Suicide help number : Not every driver on the Road works with "Suicide Prevention Squad". They may be busy in their own thoughts. If i cut-in or AIM for that impossible GAP, they may NOT have time to save me from my Suicidal Driving by applying brakes or moving away; who knows, they may have installed DashCams to come out of "Rash and negligent driving Charges". Knowing THESE, i will ERASE my suicidal tendencies before starting the engine and Drive cheerfully and safe.
Drive safe, Be Alert and Reach Home to the loved ones with your dashing smile [cheers]

PS-1: # 9 above is written from MY own experiences of NOT even reaching for brake. Many times, I allowed the bumper to lovingly (meaning, with a Baby hands) touch a two-wheeler. Recently, as I was coming to stop completely at a Signal, a 40 plus old man on his scooter pushed his front wheel inches ahead of me. Had i wanted, I could have held onto my Bike's brakes more tightly; instead I hand and foot came off the brakes. In slow motion he fell down; he got up met my cold staring eyes and without a word just picked up his scooter.
PS-2: This example should help many... Once in moving traffic, a College kid & his buddy were on a Pulsar to my left; we both were moving at Speed of Traffic. A parked Cab was 8-9 feet ahead in Kid's path and he needed to slow down. I knew that the "Kid wasn't going anywhere, if he accelerated, without me applying brakes". Kid accelerated but i didn't CARE to touch my brakes. Kid ended up mildly touching the Cab's bumper and Cab driver caught him. One has to understand that this $#it happens when other drivers do not wish to encourage begging. Let us make "road-beggars-free India" and enjoy our drives [thumbswink][thumbsup]
What ever you are posting makes complete sense. I think all of us face such stupidity in traffic daily. So we can all understand it totally. I like your writing style. Humble and straightforward and straight from the heart. There is humour too which I appreciate and it makes reading your post enjoyable.Keep it up.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
One Killed as Bentley Driven by Ponty Chadha's Relative Crashes Into Auto, Injures Three

Bentley-Bentayga-Accident-2.jpg

The luxury SUV was carrying 3 foreign nationals, along with Satinder Singh. One foreigner, who is believed to be Russian died on the spot. The driver of the auto was also injured in the accident and taken to the hospital.

Read:

To add to Vijay's list something I learnt recently is that that lack of proper knowledge about many things could also end up causing mishaps, below is a big precaution one should take.

Many people in India are used to taking over the counter prescription medicines for various small ailments like fever, headache or nausea or stomach upset or anything else in general, this should be strictly avoided especially if you are driving or if you must take it then postpone your trip, the reason being you never know which of these medicines have drowsiness as a side effect and results in much reduced alertness and can cause accidents. In case of urgency hire a driver.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Many people in India are used to taking over the counter prescription medicines for various small ailments like fever, headache or nausea or stomach upset or anything else in general, this should be strictly avoided especially if you are driving or if you must take it then postpone your trip, the reason being you never know which of these medicines have drowsiness as a side effect and results in much reduced alertness and can cause accidents. In case of urgency hire a driver.
Very well said.Or its better to ask your doctor BEFORE DRIVING, if any of these prescription drugs will cause drowsiness/hindrance in driving.All the drugs have a certain half life,so your Doctor will tell you when and after how many hours the effect of sedatives will wane off,and then you can plan/continue your journey accordingly.

Last edited:
To add to Vijay's list something I learnt recently is that that lack of proper knowledge about many things could also end up causing mishaps, below is a big precaution one should take.

Antihistamines are a great example of this. They're commonly self-medicated to alleviate allergy symptoms, but can cause significant drowsiness as they take effect.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Shocking CCTV video of road accident; jeep runs without driver collapsing with several vehicles

accidents-kumb-621x414-livemint-1549820953.jpg

A shocking CCTV video of road accident from South Kannada district has come up. The jeep without any driver was collapsing with several vehicles in the market.
The incident took place at 4.00 pm in the evening. In Puthur Taluka of South Kannada district, a jeep rider jumped into a shop in Uppinangadi Market leaving the key in the jeep.

Read:

Top Bottom