Pictures & Videos Of Automobiles Involved in Accidents

Man loses control of Jaguar while spitting pan from moving car, succumbs to head injuries

he saw the driver of the Jaguar vehicle peeped his head out to spit 'gutkha/pan' masala. At a speed of around 120 km/h, he lost control of the car and rammed it into the divider, added the eyewitness.
Who is stupid enough to spit pan from a car travelling at 120kmph? The pan would spray all along the car and maybe even get inside.

I have friends who drive and spit pan from the drivers seat. Every single one of them slows the car, looks behind to make sure nobody is behind (especially a 2 Wheeler) and spits. Some of them switch in the indicator, park at the side of the road and then spit.

I don't like anybody spitting in places where people walk. But spitting at such speeds is extra stupidity.

Also, I know a lot of drivers who drive at night take tobacco in the form of pan or pan masala to keep alert during late night driving.

Who is stupid enough to spit pan from a car travelling at 120kmph? The pan would spray all along the car and maybe even get inside.

I have friends who drive and spit pan from the drivers seat. Every single one of them slows the car, looks behind to make sure nobody is behind (especially a 2 Wheeler) and spits. Some of them switch in the indicator, park at the side of the road and then spit.

I don't like anybody spitting in places where people walk. But spitting at such speeds is extra stupidity.

Also, I know a lot of drivers who drive at night take tobacco in the form of pan or pan masala to keep alert during late night driving.
Spitting on the road, in general, is stupidity. Not only does it pollute our country, but things can happen very quickly even at relatively low speeds. Further, this is not a valid reason to obstruct the flow of traffic, and can pose a risk to other road users.

Agree fully. I don't do it at all.

Just mentioned what I see. Those that slow down do it only when they see there is no traffic behind. But still it's a bad thing to do. I absolutely hate it.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Driver follows Google Maps, car falls into 30-ft trench

Kothamangalam (Ernakulam): Three persons had a miraculous escape after the car in which they were travelling fell into a water-filled trench dug up to
construct a bridge as the driver followed a route shown in Google Maps.

The trio was travelling in a car to Munnar via Palamattam-Avolichal road. The car fell upside down into a 30-feet deep trench near to Injathotti first
block near Palamattam.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
1 dead, 17 injured as lorry hits Tempo Traveller in Alappuzha

image.jpg

Alappuzha: A man died when a tempo traveller hit lorry on the national highway at Cheppad in Alappuzha. The driver of the tempo traveller S Sharon (26)
from Kollode in Thiruvananthapuram was killed in the accident. 17 people, including children, were injured.

8 people were admitted to the Alappuzha Medical College and the remaining injured were admitted to Kayamkulam Government Hospital

The incident occurred at 5 in the morning. The travellers in tempo traveller were going from Neyyattinkara to Chottanikkara. The accident occured when
the lorry rammed the tempo traveller from behind.

The lorry which was transporting vegetables from Mettupalayam to Kayamkulam hit the traveller. The lorry toppled over the traveller due to the impact
of collision. The traffic on national highway was interrupted for 2 and a half hours.

Source:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Seven Killed as Fog Causes 50-Vehicle Pile Up in Rohtak, Toll Likely to Rise

ftg-Rohtak-Rewari-Highway-accident.transfer.Sub_.02.jpg

According to initial reports, at least 50 vehicles collided in the area after a dense fog shrouded Haryana. An official said that till now seven people are reported to have been killed, while over 12 are injured.

jhajjar-accident-784x441.jpg

Read:

Two friends were killed on the spot when their speeding car crashed into a parked cement mixer lorry on the NH-7 highway near Kempegowda International Airport Road, B'lore, in the early hours of Sunday. The lorry was parked by the side of the highway without hazard lights.

The Car driver did not notice the parked lorry and crashed into it from the rear-end.The impact of the crash was such that it instantly crushed both passengers to death.

Link here.

Me: Police are searching for the Lorry Driver. Though he did not switch ON hazard lights, someone else could be the real culprit [gun]

Few days ago, in another thread i asked, "why would someone drive onto a parked vehicle by the side of the road ?" There's a high chance the unfortunate Car driver was fed up of someone SLOWER but NOT allowing him to go ahead, forcing him to go left [cry] ... PLESSE YIELD TO FASTER VEHICLES. And, there's no point in driving fast, if you can't see where you are going. DRIVE SAFE;

Last edited:
A couple from B'lore were on their way to Mumbai with their two young boys in back seat, when their car met with an accident. The incident took place early on Sunday, at around 5 am near Panvel on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway when a truck suddenly reduced its speed and the Wagon R rammed into it from behind. The truck driver, unaware of the accident, continued to drive, dragging the car along, for almost one and a half kilometre.

Screenshot_20181225-063156-01.jpeg

The truck stopped only after the mangled remains of the Wagon R broke away from the truck with a loud thud. Sources say, the couple died on the spot and the two children sustained minor injuries. Children are safe under custody of relatives. Link here.

Me: Wagon-R was dragged for one and half km !!! My God... the young boys would've been terrified. I pray for them.

Three ways this accident could have been prevented.
1. There is a possibility of human fatigue (overnight B'lore to Mumbai drive). The unfortunate car driver could have reacted bit late, when the lorry braked. Have a shut-eye at a Toll Plaza, if feeling sleepy.
2. These "mileage centric hatchback cars" (light weight, short bonnet, thin sheet metal, minimum crumble zone) are good to survive low speed crashes. Their very own nature leaves them at a distinct disadvantage in "high speed Highway Crashes". Knowing this limitation, had the driver maintained atleast "THREE car lengths" (10-12 meters) braking distance, he would have had a chance.
3. Unless the car got "4 star + rating" in NCAP crash Tests, do not cross 100 kph.

Footnote: At today's fuel prices, "a 3 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹75,000" and "a 5 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹1,25,000" . Seeing our children grow up nicely in this Competitive World is priceless than saving these meager amounts. BUY SAFER CARS and Drive Safe.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
1. There is a possibility of human fatigue (overnight B'lore to Mumbai drive). The unfortunate car driver could have reacted bit late, when the lorry braked. Have a shut-eye at a Toll Plaza, if feeling sleepy.
2. These "mileage centric hatchback cars" (light weight, short bonnet, thin sheet metal, minimum crumble zone) are good to survive low speed crashes. Their very own nature leaves them at a distinct disadvantage in "high speed Highway Crashes". Knowing this limitation, had the driver maintained atleast "THREE car lengths" (10-12 meters) braking distance, he would have had a chance.
3. Unless the car got "4 star + rating" in NCAP crash Tests, do not cross 100 kph.

Footnote: At today's fuel prices, "a 3 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹75,000" and "a 5 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹1,25,000" . Seeing our children grow up nicely in this Competitive World is priceless than saving these meager amounts. BUY SAFER CARS and Drive Safe
Well said.

He might have wanted to reach Mumbai in the morning itself hence drove the car throughout the night that cost the life of him & his wife.

I still notice many people more concerned about little saving on FE and in the meantime ready to compromise the strength & quality of the vehicle.

Having said all above, indeed, very bad accident it was .[sad]

mayankdixit

Honoured Member

Footnote: At today's fuel prices, "a 3 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹75,000" and "a 5 kpl FE difference over 1,00,000 km would make a saving of ₹1,25,000" . Seeing our children grow up nicely in this Competitive World is priceless than saving these meager amounts. BUY SAFER CARS and Drive Safe.
Your footnotes and whatever else you have posted in this thread makes a lot of sense.It is the truth.
I really appreciate and like what all( deductions ,advice and discussion) you are posting here. Thanks.
If only it is followed by all..

Last edited:
Seven Killed as Fog Causes 50-Vehicle Pile Up in Rohtak, Toll Likely to Rise

According to initial reports, at least 50 vehicles collided in the area after a dense fog shrouded Haryana. An official said that till now seven people are reported to have been killed, while over 12 are injured.

Read:
Sad,
aint this news a regular in the north region in every winters, huge pile-up accidents, precious lives lost!!!
What are the precautionary measures taken by the Highway Police?
I am sure there must be a solution to tackle the Heavy FOG issues.
A small Solution: Stop all vehicles at toll or before the Fog affected stretch and leave them in a convoy with strict speed limits and no overtaking rule.

A couple from B'lore were on their way to Mumbai with their two young boys in back seat, when their car met with an accident. The incident took place early on Sunday, at around 5 am near Panvel on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway when a truck suddenly reduced its speed and the Wagon R rammed into it from behind. The truck driver, unaware of the accident, continued to drive, dragging the car along, for almost one and a half kilometre.

View attachment 252698

The truck stopped only after the mangled remains of the Wagon R broke away from the truck with a loud thud. Sources say, the couple died on the spot and the two children sustained minor injuries. Children are safe under custody of relatives. Link here.

Me: Wagon-R was dragged for one and half km !!! My God... the young boys would've been terrified. I pray for them.

Amazingly presented and very useful insight into the Savings and Safety aspect @vijay_968 sir.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
7 killed in accident due to fog on Ambala-Chandigarh national highway

Around seven people were killed and five injured when an unidentified vehicle collided with two Tavera cars on the Ambala Chandigarh national highway due to heavy fog on Saturday, the police said. The incident took place around 1 am in the morning.

Read:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Four engineering students killed in accident in Andhra Pradesh’s Guntur

According to police, the speeding car in which the eight students were travelling collided with a garbage dumper of the Guntur Municipal Corporation (GMC) on the other side of the road after hitting a divider in Lalapet area.

Read:

Top Bottom