Pics and Views on Tampered Cars & Bikes Number Plates in India

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

A very simple question I am putting forward yet again for all of you. We all drive/ride day in day out on roads and often we all see that there are number of drivers/riders who feel a sense of pride / exclusivity by tampering with their car's or bike's number plates by either using a illegal font or by removing or tearing off a alphabet or number from it and still driving care-free. It is firstly illegal to do so but I would like to know your views on it as to why is all this so much practiced and why do our authorities turn a blind-eye on this?

Also request you all, if in case you notice a tampered number plate in Indian state / city i.e using illegal fonts or it has torn off alpha-numerals then please post a pic here.

The Actual and Legal High Security Registration Plates for Cars and Bikes in India.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
I agree with Akash.
Most of these people are Semi-politicians or Local Bullies. I often see these things in place of a proper Registration Number-
"DADA" in Hindi/Marathi in place of number
Using fancy font to make hindi/english letters
Putting Photo/Sketch of Deity/Gods/Shivaji or so on.
Putting designs like swords around numbers.

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

A Quick bump![:)]
On Friday evening, two people heading towards Mahanagar wireless crossing spotted a white Maruti Ertiga parked on the roadside near Nishatganj railway overbridge.

The car bearing registration number UP 32 HA 1515 was grabbing a lot of eyeballs.

On closer inspection, the two found that the digit 5 was made out to look like letter S so the registration number read like ISIS.
Link

Regards

Akash

I remember a case from Delhi - it was near SP Marg I think - a Delhi traffic police constable asked a car to stop (illegal number plate). But instead of stopping that driver hit the constable and drove away.

Don't remember if he was caught or not but I feel the reason people aren't afraid of the law is because the police to public ratio is abysmally poor and the courts have a backlog that would take a miracle to clear.

Coming to the OP's question, I don't think it is a case of authorities turning a blind eye - it is a case of just not having the man power to catch these "minor" offences.

I have seen the same font on a Baleno near my house. First six digits are the normal font ones and the next four digits 6055 is written like boss
[lol]

Last edited:

Top Bottom