Photographs of Damaged Exotic Cars

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Ferrari 458 Burnt By Teenager For New One

UNILAD-burnt-car-22.jpg

UNILAD-Burnt-car3.jpg

Despite already owning 15 cars, at the ripe old age of 20, he decided he wasn’t too keen on his Ferrari 458 Italia, but was too scared to ask his dad for a new car. So he decided to torch it.

Well, obviously he didn’t do it himself, he paid someone else to do the dirty work for him. He gave three accomplices $15,000 each to steal the car, drive it across the German border into Switzerland and burn it out.
link

Regards

Akash

Hi guys,
Did you all notice this, the more costlier is the car more the damage.
On 24 th of august i just mentioned that more the costly is the car and more is the damage. On that day it was just my perception but nowadays it is getting worse.

Damn, i think the heavy duty vehicle would have rolled above the BMW i8 which has made the car to be more damaged.

On 24 th of august i just mentioned that more the costly is the car and more is the damage. On that day it was just my perception but nowadays it is getting worse.

Damn, i think the heavy duty vehicle would have rolled above the BMW i8 which has made the car to be more damaged.
We actually can not judge the car by how it looks after the crash. What is more important is that how well it saves the occupants during the crash. And I have seen that occupants of the car walk away after the most horrendous crashes also.

Supercars are build with a weight restriction/constraint as top speed, acceleration, etc. matters and superficial damage is obvious. But the way the cabin holds up is truly commendable. A Veyron weight under 1900 kgs, Ferrari 458 Italia is under 1500 kgs and Speciale under 1400 kgs. Vehicle weight is an important consideration for these supercars and even though they use stronger aluminium and carbon fiber panels, superficial damage to the car looks alarming. Even my explanation is partially incorrect as the speeds that these cars crash at would have been much more than normal, and in that case such damage is expected.

Range Rover Vogue - That is one heck of a crumpled pile. How did the driver manage to total it? [anger]
The guy hit a lorry which was parked on the road at triple digit speeds, he did not survive.
SCMS Cochin dean dies in SUV accident

Ouch, good catch

In the above scenario who bares the losses?
The car will be covered under showroom/garage insurance if it is not sold to the customer. It is a business insurance which covers things in the showroom and garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is more important is that how well it saves the occupants during the crash. And I have seen that occupants of the car walk away after the most horrendous crashes also.
People don't buy cars by thinking of the crash safety factor while buying the car. So crash safety factor is not at all taken into consideration, if it is taken then the consumer won't buy any car or vehicle. Crash damages occur mainly because of the attitude and behaviour of the driver, if we drive the vehicle in a correct speed (speed limits mentioned in sign boards) then we are safe to an extent but then all persons may not drive in a correct manner some may be rash too so we should also manage/correct their wrong driving sense to stay safe so its immaterial to which car you drive.

For example: In a bumper to bumper traffic people jump into your lane so we just let them into our lane by just braking. So by these ways the crash can be avoided and damages can be controlled. So even in highways too when one vehicle overtakes in a rash manner then we must give way to avoid accidents which many people doesn't do it properly.

People don't buy cars by thinking of the crash safety factor while buying the car. So crash safety factor is not at all taken into consideration, if it is taken then the consumer won't buy any car or vehicle. Crash damages occur mainly because of the attitude and behaviour of the driver, if we drive the vehicle in a correct speed (speed limits mentioned in sign boards) then we are safe to an extent but then all persons may not drive in a correct manner some may be rash too so we should also manage/correct their wrong driving sense to stay safe so its immaterial to which car you drive.

For example: In a bumper to bumper traffic people jump into your lane so we just let them into our lane by just braking. So by these ways the crash can be avoided and damages can be controlled. So even in highways too when one vehicle overtakes in a rash manner then we must give way to avoid accidents which many people doesn't do it properly.
What you said is true for Indian buyers, that too lower segment (say under 5 Lac car) buyers and in some cases, extreme high segment (say above 1 Cr car) also where performance is more important. The big population in between, i.e. 5 Lac to 1 Cr rupee car buyer, certainly takes safety aspect into consideration.

Since this thread and topic is pertaining to supercars/exotic cars only, I would not generalise any statement. This segment of car buyers look into other aspects because they already expect a certain degree of safety from their cars. It is not that they do not consider this aspect at all, but most (in fact all) cars of that segment are much more superior in passenger safety.

I didn't mean that supercars can immune the driver totally, but they are certainly safer as compared to other general non-supercars. [:)] After all, a driver is responsible for his safety and not the car.

Top Bottom