Petrol Smell Coming from Inside the Car

Petrol smell inside nano

Dear Friends,
From approx 4 months I am facing very rare problem with my nano. when the fuel is on lower level 1 point on meter their is very minimal but evident petrol smell inside the cabin, which can be smelled when car rides on uneven roads. when the fuel is on 3 bars the petrol can be smelled in standing car, and also when I filled petrol immediately petrol smells start inside the cabin.
Second fuel meter did not show fuel quantity immediately after filling fuel, it starts to show after approx 30 mins., and not completely its raise one by one on the fuel bar after that time.

I visited more than 5 times TATA service centre - Urmil Motors in Ghaziabad, but as usual first the problem was tried to neglected by saying For smell- its floor mats smell(rubber), I removed them for a day but smell remains.
Visited second time they said fuel tank was hit from below that's the reason and they fixed it- no solution
Third time air intake pipe for petrol was bend, fixed but still same problem. this is from my last visit approx 1 month back.

For fuel meter- fuel level meter was replaced - no solution
second time- I was tried to neglect by saying its feature of nano, even one over smart service advisor told me that he's wagonR also display fuel after 30 mins, its Ok nothing to be considered, but when I not agreed on their so called excuses they ready to check and confirm the some air intake pipe for petrol was bend, fixed but the problem was still their.
I do not know how to talk with these advisor's, what to say them very one is over smart there.
Friends I need your help in this matter, fuel efficiency was also very poor because of this, fuel was evaporating on standing car. Any body can light on the reasons for that.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Petrol smell inside nano

Mrigank, On Friday or Saturday fix up an appointment for the same with Concorde motors in Patparganj (Delhi) and I will accompany you/ join you over there. One of my close friend is there with TATA Motors so we can consult him too on the same.

PM me your number!

Regards

Akash

Mrigank, On Friday or Saturday fix up an appointment for the same with Concorde motors in Patparganj (Delhi) and I will accompany you/ join you over there. One of my close friend is there with TATA Motors so we can consult him too on the same.

PM me your number!

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash, Concorde motors is 31 km from my home. I will surely give this a try but I think I should visit my city service centre last time.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Concorde motors is 31 km from my home. I will surely give this a try but I think I should visit my city service centre last time.
Certainly, do comfort yourself dear. Since for 3-4 times the concerned ASC did not rectify the fault hence there is no surety of them rectifying it now. Do let me know.

Regards

Akash

Certainly, do comfort yourself dear. Since for 3-4 times the concerned ASC did not rectify the fault hence there is no surety of them rectifying it now. Do let me know.

Regards

Akash
Yes definitely, CRM of my city ASC is good with me. I will giving him a last try.

Update- visited Urmil motors last saturday for the same problem. Rubber seal on fuel pump is the culprit, they changed it and the problem of fuel smell is gone.[clap] Fuel meter is also showing instant fuel level although not filled full tank. Rest will update later.

Top Bottom