Petrol Hatchback Under Rs.4 Lakhs

Thread Starter #46
So wagon r is a 3-pot engine compared to a 4 cylinder one of the brio.
That still opens up the decision.
Will have to research further i guess.

Hi Superbad,

I prepared a comparison between Honda Brio and Wagon-R for you in excel, hope this help you in taking decision, find attached comparison below:

Nice comparo buddy...from the looks of it Brio comes out tops on all parameters except for wheelbase & height i guess(oh yes and price)! Im sure th wagon R s good for tall people but the Brios no slouch either. Wagon R also gives the flexibility of being a duo-engine. But Brio will last longer for sure...

Nice comparo buddy...from the looks of it Brio comes out tops on all parameters except for wheelbase & height i guess(oh yes and price)! Im sure th wagon R s good for tall people but the Brios no slouch either. Wagon R also gives the flexibility of being a duo-engine. But Brio will last longer for sure...
Thanks Jazzy, brio seems to be a clear winner but we all know that waggy is a complete value for money product let's see what he choose.

Thread Starter #53
Change of heart.
Weighing his options on petrol hatches he has now decided to extend the budget a little bit. Around 6L+ Now but now he would want to get a diesel hatch :tongue:

right now the options he sees are the punto dynamic and the swift vdi.

Seen all positive praises on TAI for the punto but dynamic seems to be a mystery.
Daddy does not want those additional features.

So would now need a comparo of the positives and negatives between both cars.

Car would be bought from kolhapur and he intends to get the car registered from his native place address.

Some advantages i can gather with reviews all over for the punto :
better build quality.
Better sheet metal.
Base model has power windows as standard.
Power on both cars is equal but driving dynamics is where the punto excels.
No long waiting periods.

Some positives for the swift.
Should be cheaper to maintain

service center is available exactly 12kms from our native place whereas for the fiat is about 100kms away.
Have not checked the actual on road prices so cannot comment on the price difference as of now.

Note to mods : please change the title to a diesel hatch at around 6 lakhs.

@Superbad, since you have raised your budget to 6+ lakhs, i would rank Maruti Swift VDi to the top if you can bear with the long waiting period. Since you have got service centres of maruti nearby your native place I would advice you to stick with Maruti.
As you are planning to buy only after few months , wait for the new facelifted maruti Ritz which is expected to hit the showrooms soon.

Top Bottom