ilango[speed thirst];90647 said:
hehe

yeah crv
gypsy
vitara
safari petrol
scorpio petrol , with renault engine , but more than 4 years of age
Add Mitsubishi Outlander to this list.

@MS: I guess you are looking for a petrol powered mill so as to add CNG as alternate fuel option.

Thread Starter #5
Add Mitsubishi Outlander to this list.

@MS: I guess you are looking for a petrol powered mill so as to add CNG as alternate fuel option.
yup CNG is more pocket friendly for me before I visit Mayapuri for petrol engine I wanted to make list of engine I should look while buying as one of guy told me that sometime its hard to find innova petrol engine so I thought why not keep alternative options

Just a silly query, fitting a CNG on a SUV/MUV, does the performance go down steeply? Does the torque o/p go down as well?

Thanks! Sometimes even I wonder whether it will be a good idea to pick up an old Scorpio and fit CNG in it. I am totally confused these days wrt buying an expensive diesel hatch or going for a entry level MUV/SUV

Thread Starter #9
actually I am too buying old suv and putting petrol engine in it and after that CNG.
but you live in pune are there CNG station?

Thread Starter #11
Yes, there are a few not many. But one is near where I stay, thats why the thought [:)]
CNG is good option but remember you can't travel long distance as mostly depending on CNG cylinder you can only expect 300-500 km per fill. I choose CNG because I travel only in city and why suv because I can transport more item in one go

masterquall If you really want to swap engine then you have got broad choice.
Select the best SUV/MUV according to your requirement and budget and bring in the petrol heart. I am sure that you have some petrol engines shortlisted for CNGfying.

Just a small query how do buses in metro cities run on CNG I mean they have got big diesel engines what’s the process of introducing the alternate fuel for these buses.

Top Bottom