Performance Increase of Hyundai Accent Executive Petrol

Thread Starter #1
hi all,

I have been facing lag in my Petrol accent in 2nd gear and 3rd at low speed. Pick up is low(rpm below 1) . Car has been bought in 2010 feb. My earlier car is Santro for which i feel pick up is greater than this 1.5 ltr engine [frustration]. Though driving part is smooth

We will feel this lag especially while going to high range areas .

Can anyone advise what can be done to increase the performance of the vehicle .

I have checked with Petes regarding any upgrade. But they have mailed back perf kit they have is for diesel engines only. Instead of that green filters can be used.

This is the reply i got from petes helpdesk
"

Thank you for your interest in Pete’s.
Following modifications are available for Hyundai Accent Petrol :
1. Green Cotton Replacement Filter : Rs. 4,200/-
OR
Green Cotton Universal Filter – Wind : Rs. 6,650/- ( Wind Filter + Cold Air Intake )
OR
Green Cotton Universal Filter – Storm : Rs. 9,150/- ( Storm Filter + Cold Air Intake )
2. Tarox Brake Pads – Front : Rs. 9,800/-
Pete’s Tuning Box is not available for the same. Its available only for Turbo Charged Diesel Cars.
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information."

But when I inquired I heard there will not be much difference in car performance with filter change (Technical speaking). Can anyone advise on this . Which should i prefer. or is there any other alternate way other than this. Also the tech person said changing the filters also void the warranty. [cry]

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Pick up is low(rpm below 1)
there will not be much difference in car performance with filter change (Technical speaking)
RPM below 1k is just your idle rpm, where in case you must downshift the gear. Any car in 3rd gear with less than 1k rpm will face this issue unless it has a BIG motor with high power to weight ratio.

Changing filters will affect considerable & noticeable performance (technically, theoretically & physically) But a 'boost' in performance or a 'lag' depends on the filter selection.

Yes, it affects the manufacturer warranty, since the air flow through the filter (volume & pressure due to the restriction) affects the combustion chemistry and certain other parameters.

Thread Starter #4
Thank you for the response

RPM below 1k is just your idle rpm, where in case you must downshift the gear. Any car in 3rd gear with less than 1k rpm will face this issue unless it has a BIG motor with high power to weight ratio.
3rd gear i accept but this is mainly in case of 2 nd gear where we slow down for any hump or gutter and the accelerate initially there is a deadness in pulling. Once car reaches a nominal speed then this lag is not there

Changing filters will affect considerable & noticeable performance (technically, theoretically & physically) But a 'boost' in performance or a 'lag' depends on the filter selection.

Which type of filter selection do you suggest ? Also which one is better KN or green filter. Will there be notable difference in both of these.

Yes, it affects the manufacturer warranty, since the air flow through the filter (volume & pressure due to the restriction) affects the combustion chemistry and certain other parameters.

Yes true since more combustion then engine temp will increase so is the depreciation value

Okay first of all i don't think there is any problem with the car. You must downshift to first gear after you slow down considerably if you want that sudden pick-up , else you will have to live that lag. I would suggest you instead of spending on the filters change your driving style and switch to first gear if you have slowed down too much. With the normal filter costing 3-4k i think you will not notice any noticeable increase in performance.

You got stock car.

Its korean car but anyways The mods you can do are:

-Pod filter intake (if its turbo) and cover it in a enclosure
-Change spark plugs to platinum
-Change wiring of the sparkplugs
-Change engine oil to better one
-Bigger exhaust Manifold and cat back pipe till muffler

Get your ECU tuned for performance

Ohh yeah, As others said its the problem with the down shifting.

Try shifting the gears at 1500rpm - 2500rpm. This is what is called as normal shift. if you still face problem, filters are the way to go. [:)]

Ohh yeah, As others said its the problem with the down shifting.

Try shifting the gears at 1500rpm - 2500rpm. This is what is called as normal shift. if you still face problem, filters are the way to go. [:)]
I shift the gear normaly at abt 5000 RPM

and when Racing figure goes to 7000-7500 RPM (REDLINE) yes [evil]

Thread Starter #14
Yes within that rpm(1500rpm - 2500rpm) i dnt feel tat much lag. But when compared to other vehicles i feel lag in pick up when rpm goes below 1 . Esp when AC is on or climbing hill. Guess i have to live with that . Or else another option will be to ECU tuning as codename suggested.

Yes within that rpm(1500rpm - 2500rpm) i dnt feel tat much lag. But when compared to other vehicles i feel lag in pick up when rpm goes below 1 . Esp when AC is on or climbing hill. Guess i have to live with that . Or else another option will be to ECU tuning as codename suggested.

Seriously the problem is with your driving style buddy! Climbing uphill with AC ON and the RPM under 1000 in 2nd gear , you have to downshift to avoid that lag!

Top Bottom