People’s Perception About Expensive Bikes?

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
An imaginary interaction between a superbike owner and a car owner at a red light.

X is going on a Hayabusa and Y is on a swift.

They both stop at a red light.

y: kaunsi bike hai?
X: Hayabusa

y: kahaan se import karvai?
x: suzuki showroom se li.

y: average kitni hai?
x: 13 km/l

y: kitni ki hai?
x: 13 lakh ki.
y: itne main toh car aa jaati.

Light goes green and they both move away.

Now here are a few points I noted.

1: if a guy can buy a bike for 13 lakh, he must definitely be having a car.

2: why do people look at you awkwardly when you move around in such a big bike.

3: why do people perceive that you dont value money?
I mean come on, it is possible that people have bought it on EMIs with their own hard earned money.

4: why do they discourage superbikers?

5: if they cant appreciate, why dont they just shut up and mind their own business?

So that brings me to my question, do people in India need to change their perception towards Superbikes and Superbikers?

one man bought a tata nano-1.4lakh for quick short urban rides. though he owned scorpio .

his colleague got stunned to hear the price and commented" for that price you could have bought second hand alto"

they are simply jealous, nothing else. nobody stares at a car costing 12 lakhs but a bike for the same price makes heads turn, so they suffer from inferiority complex.

IMO each and every individual must respect others passion. It really hurts when one gets to hear these annoying things.

actually yes it is mainly because of lack of awareness. i wouldnt call it inferiority complex. also about passion, yes that is true but also many people dont have the money and time from their day-to-day activities to pursue their passion so they sometimes take their own frustation out on other people who are enjoying their passion. But i see that it is improving massively and it is a very positive sign for the next generation although some black sheep still live.

Thread Starter #6

AMG

Suspended
It is not only limited to bikes, it also happens to car owners

For example a person owning a lambo frequently gets to hear " itne mein toh ghar aa jaata"
English translation: (you could have bought a house for that much of money.)

I mean what do people expect: does a lambo owner live in a rented slum?

[frustration]

For example a person owning a lambo frequently gets to hear " itne mein toh ghar aa jaata"
[frustration]
I think typer has already given an apt answer for this. Honestly buddy, apart from these exotic bikes/cars, i find many people saying why you spend on acessories like Spoilers, kits, alloys etc which according to them is useless investment.

also about passion, yes that is true but also many people dont have the money and time from their day-to-day activities to pursue their passion so they sometimes take their own frustation out on other people who are enjoying their passion.

people are too much concerned about vfm factor , they think cheaper they get something means wiser they are.
a kind of ego complex between either ends of poles.
that is the reason our country have cheap ,cheaper ,cheapest of subsistence. but when someone else acquire costly costlier and costliest things people dont forget to admire either.

it seems both are right on thier own perspectives.

something like eco friendly vehicles would be cheaper with best mileage and those exhorbitant would have the worst one. but both have its own importance and implications in our life.

so it is wisdom to LOL in such situation.rather than judge or justify.

Its all just passion.

Those who go in chase of money use to tell lot about VFM.

When it comes to passion, money doesn't matter, be it a 100Rs accessory or a 1 crore car.

It all lies within the being of person & it should be definitely changed.

It all lies in one passion and way of thinking.

a person who consider buying a car for the price of superbike , he thinks from his angle.

Let him think , but have no right to say them in public.

For the swift owner as said AMG , for him buying a 5.5L swift was a difficult job , like he must have calculated harn on emi etc and thus from his angle a 13L bike is too much.

For the bike owner , it is his passion!

Its because India is a money-minded country! We want the best products at the cheapest possible rates! So when one common guy sees a Hayabusa he says he could have easily bought a Civic or Laura or whatever!

Its all about passion as others said! Its just that a common man envies that he couldn afford to spend so much on bikes!

350Z

Core Team
Great topic but let me put it this way – It is actually more about the mindset of public rather than jealousy. Everybody of course wants value for their money, so it will be unfair to target ‘India’ particularly. You think that people in the states don’t value the money at all? Or they just throw away the bucks like anything? This is absurd. For one, owning a Harley Davidson at Rs.5 Lakhs could be an absolutely value buy, but on the other hand, for some other person it might be difficult to collect that much amount itself. And once he affords it, he would obviously want to buy a car that is a lot bigger than a bike, it can accommodate many etc. Similar case goes with the Lamborghini example too. First, the Lamborghini owner would be a rich chap who can afford owning at least three to four other cars too, but for the other person, getting crore rupees is itself a big deal, so why the heck he will not care to think about owning a property whose value appreciates unlike a car. So, the bottom-line is that everybody thinks their own way, and let us respect other’s opinions even though their words may sound illogical to you or vice-versa.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom