Pathetic Service of Volkswagen Dealership - Frontier Gurgaon

Thread Starter #1
My friend who brought Vento Highline last month is facing a problem with his car. It is pulling left even on plain / straight road. He went to dealership and their service centre for the same. They did some testing, so software upgrade, wheel alignment and interchanged front wheels but nothing seems to be working.

He complained with the dealer about the service issue and 3-4 times he took delivery after resolution (as per dealer) and found problem is still there.

I tested drove it last Friday and encounter the same. Although the pull is negligible but after paying 9 lakhs you expect better response from dealer and their service network.

Today morning he had a word with dealership head in Gurgoan (Frontier) and he said we only sell cars. If there is any issue, you may get in touch with the VW directly. How could they do this ? [frustration]

VW engineer visited once but unable to resolve the issue (whether the person came and inspected or not is an question in itself).

Pathetic dealership response is causing concern.

We need email ids or phone numbers of people directly involve service either at North India level or India level.

Please suggest what can be done or assist with contact details.

350Z

Core Team
Surprisingly we have been receiving too many negative reviews of Volkswagen, of late. This is truly bad for a reputed manufacturer such as this who are not working professionally as they should. Their downfall may start much before the actual beginning if such stories continue. The dealership should at least take an initiative to forward to complain or provide the owner proper guidance on how to work on this situation. Especially when a car is only a few weeks old. Another member on our forum has been facing the alignment problem, but it’s with Tata Manza though: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-manza-aura-abs-qjet-truly-breed-apart-4.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

That's very pathetic from a reputed manufacturer like VW. Such dealers only pull the name of the manufacturers down!

Now coming to the issue , why don't you try doing the wheel alignment and balancing at a reputed tyre dealer outside? I agree such niggles in a new car which is only few weeks old is unacceptable but still i would suggest you do that. Even i faced this issue in my Verna but after checking the alignment outside , everything was perfect!

feeling sad about the issue. It seems like a simple wheel alignment problem. As Dhaya suggested, better contact some reputed pal outside who can do the wheel alignment. I had this problem in my fiesta. One round of wheel alignment in ford service solved the problem. [:)]

Thread Starter #5
Wheel alignment was done at the dealership on the first visit with issue last month. So the possibilty of anything wrong in it shows how effective VW support is !!

Is there a way to escalate such issues at higher ups in VW ? Because if we bring this to there knowledge probabaly they will act swiftly. It was a corporate booking so any order from our office would be difficult to crack by VW now.

Please suggest.

sorry to hear about the vento of your friend. i too feel that its only an alignment problem. was the problem present on the day of delivery itself or did it crop up after a few days of running ? although i too have heard about vw dealer problems i haven't experienced any big issue till date.

Hi Shailinder,

This problem is a known issue with all Skoda vehicles, due to the fact that our indian roads are inclined with some slope to left side. (Read this on HINDU Car and bike questions)

I have the same problem in my car(Fabia) from Day One. I am used to this problem and clocked 30k on it.

All this for sure with Skoda vehicles. Considering the fact that VW&Skoda share few core components, the problem is now evident in VW vehicles as well. IMO

Pls note that the left side pulling should be very less, say 5 to 10%. If its more than that, then its a problem..!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Hi Shailinder,

This problem is a known issue with all Skoda vehicles, due to the fact that our indian roads are inclined with some slope to left side. (Read this on HINDU Car and bike questions)

I have the same problem in my car(Fabia) from Day One. I am used to this problem and clocked 30k on it.

All this for sure with Skoda vehicles. Considering the fact that VW&Skoda share few core components, the problem is now evident in VW vehicles as well. IMO

Pls note that the left side pulling should be very less, say 5 to 10%. If its more than that, then its a problem..!
Dear Kalyan,

I agree with your statement that often there is a slant on our roads towards left side but still dealer could have handled the case with more focus and they should have converyed the same to us as a suspection ! Reason; we donot buy cars regularly but they do sell them and I am confident that there are people who can face or make out that flaw in the car.

My issue is with the dealership's attitude and zeal to resolve the same.

This may be a case of wheel alignment, however whats disappointing is the lenient attitude of the dealership. I hope the VW guys are not trying to follow their sister company Skoda's trend.

Thread Starter #10
sorry to hear about the vento of your friend. i too feel that its only an alignment problem. was the problem present on the day of delivery itself or did it crop up after a few days of running ? although i too have heard about vw dealer problems i haven't experienced any big issue till date.
It was there since the begining as confirmed by my friend.

This may be a case of wheel alignment, however whats disappointing is the lenient attitude of the dealership. I hope the VW guys are not trying to follow their sister company Skoda's trend.
Well, that can be confirmed in time only. But the way complaints are increasing and interest VW or VW dealers are showing, gives a feeling that they are on right track to follow Skoda A.S.S [frustration]

350Z

Core Team
The reason told by vkkalyan does make some sense. However if your friend is still concerned and would like to know the valid clarification by Volkswagen India. Then, just try to contact on their toll-free automobile assistance number: 1800-102-0909, 1800-209-0909.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Thanks Vibhor but he tried that and logged complaints as well. But VW closes complaints without seeking customer confirmation and upon cross checking asked to open a new one.

Dealer called up and said issues stands resolved as VW engineer has seen and resolved in yesterday. He is expected to take delivery today. Let us hope for the best. Will update on latest status by tomorrow.

350Z

Core Team
Thanks Vibhor but he tried that and logged complaints as well. But VW closes complaints without seeking customer confirmation and upon cross checking asked to open a new one.

Dealer called up and said issues stands resolved as VW engineer has seen and resolved in yesterday. He is expected to take delivery today. Let us hope for the best. Will update on latest status by tomorrow.
Was the car parked at workshop in all this period? Looking forward to know the update.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The situation here reminds me of the 'Vanilla Ice-cream story'. [:D] May be some of you already know it. But I am sharing it for others to read it in free time.

http://lessoninlife.com/2008/04/13/can-a-car-be-allergic-to-vanilla-ice-cream/

Even crazy looking problems are sometimes real and all problems seem to be simple only when we find the solution with cool thinking.
What really matters is your attitude and your perception.

Top Bottom