Pathetic Experience with Volkswagen After Sales

Thread Starter #1
Volkswagen Head Quarter:

When we called up for update after long time for VW Passat, In discussion on of the Sr. Person from VW, whose name i don't want to disclose. Said 75000 Kms are huge for VW Vehicle.[clap] Isnt it sound pathetic, it means that you can buy this car just to show off, you can not run it on the road. In comparison i would say India's local companies like Maruti and all are doing good, a small engine like 800 cc (Maruti suzuki) runs smoother after bloody 5,00,000 kms which cost you only a lakh and half, while VW passat cost us 27,00,000 laks and engine failed in two years, not once twice in a row within one week. [confused]

Imported car companies never keeps parts in their service station as it cost much, it means if you have some major problem you have to just wait and watch for the parts to come. Even poor dealers are helpless because of that.

Read the correspondence below with HQ in Germany and India.

Dear i.V. Michelina Lauriola Maenza and i.V. Karin Gaedecke

This has reference to Complaint CL 5903 and my emails to you on the subject.

I am not able to find a sight of the action of local importer and seller(who GMS Motors P Ltd( Presidential cars) understandably shut the shop in India) cum service provider KSM Motors Navi Mumbai in India in redressing the engine failure as they themselves are yet to find out the root cause of the problem which they are still investigating with no timeline committment.

No clue as to what is going to be their action forward in redressing my complaint which is still a mystery and put to lot of inconvenience as even the comparable standard service vehicle was also not provided.

We are surprised that the Board of Volkswagen , Germany is waiting for the views of Indian Importer and seller , who generally find ways to have a causal approach ,as is already evident in the last one month and shall try to find fault with customer to get away with it.

I wish to bring to your kind knowledge that Japanese manufactuers Honda & Toyota called back number of vehicles which even if by 1% having doubt of manufacturing defect mainly to maintain the brand & company’s image which we hope Vokswagen Board & management in Germany shall swung in to similar action without waiting for the reaction from Indian Importer

It is to my great disappointment, there has been utter careless attitude and if this continues , there will be no alternative left for me to proceed with publising my experience in the media/press and also on all social networking sites.

I am sure you will respond proactively

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
Dear i.V. Michelina Lauriola Maenza and i.V. Karin Gaedecke

At the outset, It is a real satisfaction that the board of Volkswagen has appreciated the customer complaint and referred to India as it was imported & sold to us

While thanking you for the immediate response, which we are yet to see the response from India counterpart , kindly appreciate the following:

1. Engine failure has happened on Mar 22,2011 for second time in a row
within 5 days from the date of first engine failure get rectified and handed over to us on 16 Mar 2011. This clearly establishes the fact that there is a functional defective observed in the Engine which the Service centre are not able to identify till now but casually informing Turbo has failed and Gasket oil to be replaced etc which clearly shows that the exact cause of failure neither could be identified nor the facts of the status are getting disclosed to me as your esteemed customer.
2. Time and again ,when the services were made in the last two years ,
complaint was registered with the various service centres of Volkswagen that the Engine oil and Coolant is getting absorbed faster needing frequent replacements on every three to four days but the said complaint was given a deaf ear by Volkswagen service dept in India.
3. As a customer, I had relied on the pure brand of Volkswagen with a
blind folded faith , that the German brand has an exceptional value proposition which is getting fundamentally at stake which of course the Board of Volkswagen will not force me to advocate towards a “Bad Publicity” by going to Press/Media to reflect myself as an irate customer
4. There will not be any assurance, on the contrary even after repair,
on non-recurrence of the failurre of Volkswagen PASSAT again for taking my safe riding on Road on this vehicle.
5. Repeated efforts to call Mr Altaf , Customer care head in India is
left unattended on his Mobile.

All the above stated points, clearly reflect that the vehicle has inherent manufacturing defects beyond the capacity of repair by ordinary prudence necessitating that the vehicle should be recalled for the manufacturing for a complete investigation by providing us with a replacement of a NEW VEHICLE,which is the least is expected from Volkswagen to alleviate the mental and physical sufferings sustained by me as a customer after choosing such a wonderful German Excellence Vehicle brand.

Yours faithfully
Dear Mr. Ahuja,

Thank you for your e-mail addressed to our Board of Management. Due to the nature of your correspondence our department has been requested to reply. With regret we have learned that the engine failure on your Volkswagen Passat occurred again after a few days and that the defect could not been resolved, yet. No doubt, we understand your disappointment about this situation and offer our apologies for the inconveniences involved.

Although we are sorry to learn about your ongoing dissatisfaction, we like to point out that a possible cancellation of the sales contract will be checked and decided by the retailer where the vehicle was originally purchased. Since we can only act as a mediator from this end, we have forwarded your correspondence to our importer

Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited
Vakils House
Ballard Estate
18 Sprott Road
Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East)
400001 Mumbai
India
Phone: +91224030714
E-mail: customer.care@volkswagen.co.in

who is responsible for all sales and service matters in your country, asking them to look into your matter and get in direct touch with you at their earliest convenience. We are convinced that our representative will do whatever is possible to help achieve an acceptable solution for all concerned and re-establish your faith in the Volkswagen brand. Please expect further communication from them.

Thank you again for taking the time to bring your concern to our attention.

Yours sincerely,
i.V. Michelina Lauriola Maenza i.V. Karin Gaedecke

Volkswagen AG
38436 Wolfsburg
Tel +49 (0) 1805 865579*
Fax +49 (0) 1805 329865*
Mail to kundenbetreuung@volkswagen.de
Homepage Volkswagen Deutschland

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TAI viraldesai!

And this is such a pathetic behaviour/experience you are facing with Volkswagen.[frustration] Even my ikon which had 79K on odo was running as good as new.

Volkswagen engines normally should run fine for a minimum of 3L kms before anything like this could happen!

This is very bad and unlucky for you to go through this rough time! Please keep us informed of the further proceedings.

If you had documented the service history of your car, which I am sure you would have, please send those document copies also with the complaint mails you send to Volkswagen.

Hope you get a quick solution for this!

this is a case of piece of lemon you were sold by the dealer, the best thing is to get in touch with heads of VW india, also get in touch with auto magz, like autocarindia,overdrive and let them know your issues, it does help in some extent.

I agree with Vijay. Follow up with top management, contact some NGO or consumer forum and seek help also get in touch with auto mag. for support in this regards.

I am sure something from all these would definately click. Others are requested to assist in this case if they have seen, heard or experienced such a scanraio and got support.

Hi Viral,

Welcome to The Automotive India.
Sad to hear your dealership experience. Till now i am yet to hear good words about the VW. I am not sure why VW, Audi and Skoda inspite of being luxury car makers are so irresponsible when it comes to customer satisfaction.

Thread Starter #7
Sir,

VOLKSWAGEN has not responded at all and even they are not informing as to when they will be able to repair and rectify the vehicle and return the car after repair with roadworthy.

No calls getting answered at their office.Any one knows who is Country manager of Volkswagen india and whether TAI can do any help in representing our grievances

Please help

Viral Desai responded on 01 Apr 2011 at 6:03 am #

Valkswagen Head Quarter: When we called up for update after long time for VW Passat, In discussion on of the Sr. Person from VW, whos name i dont want to disclose. Said 75000 Kms are huge for VW Vehicle.[clap] Isnt it sound pathetic…it means that you can buy this car just to show off, you can not run it on the road. In comparison i would say Inida’s local companies like Maruti and all are doing good, a small engine like 800 cc (Maruti suzuki) runs smoother after bloody 5,00,000 kms which cost you only a lak and half, while VW passat cost us 27,00,000 laks and engine failed in two years, not once twice in a row within one week.[confused]......
hi!
this is the most one can expect from a
VAG group. all its cars the skoda vw and audi in india are pathetic at service. im having a hell of a time woth my new skoda superb i just purchased over a year back. read my posts..... skoda superb night mare. these guys are here to take us for a ride.
But skoda vw , you guys better keep your options open. its a consumers market and vag cant grow by conning its customers.
"SAY NO TO SKODA AND VW"

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
No calls getting answered at their office.Any one knows who is Country manager of Volkswagen india and whether TAI can do any help in representing our grievances. Please help
I’m sorry to learn about your disappointment with Volkswagen Passat. All the modern cars are capable enough to run well-over a couple of lakh kilometres and so it leaves me in absolute surprise to read that senior official from Volkswagen stating “75,000 Kms are huge for Volkswagen vehicle”. It’s certain that you had been delivered a defunct unit. Perhaps we on behalf of The Automotive India can be of some help to you by reaching Volkswagen Group directly. Please contact us and forward the complete issue on board@theautomotiveindia.com. Also, we have another member who owns a Passat. Keep us updated on the progress

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is least expected from a brand like VW and 75k is just a cake walk for engines. Never thought VW is as bad as Skoda.

Hope you get justice and get the car back in perfect condition soon!

dear viral ,
sorry to hear the state of affairs of your car.my god i had purchased a vw vento recently.friends had assured me that vw engines are capable of running for a couple of lakh kms trouble free.. some one from vw commenting that 75000 kms is too much for their vehicle. how come they are the 2nd largest vehicle manufacturer in the world. i feel its the indian dealers who are at fault & are ruining the vw brand.

AMG

Suspended
Lets take the middle path.

How about Ignorant Indian dealers

Though, on a serious note, do check out some other private workshop.

Top Bottom