Parking Assistance Accessories for Honda City

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
We just ordered Honda City S M/T today. :)

I would like to know what accessories I can get that will help me in parking. Stuff like reverse parking camera and sensors. I have no idea as to what brands I should choose for and what price they cost. Please educate me regarding this.

Thanks

For parking sensors go for Autocop, costs less than 3k (4 sensor type)

Cameras start from 1k, but you haven't mentioned about the type of display that you are going to use.

Thread Starter #3
For parking sensors go for Autocop, costs less than 3k (4 sensor type)

Cameras start from 1k, but you haven't mentioned about the type of display that you are going to use.
Hmm... what display options will I get. The local Honda dealer has told that display will be attached in the driver's right hand side and not in the rearview mirror.

He also told me that I can choose from Autocop and Xenos. Which is better? And can you please tell me the approximate price of the whole system(display and all...)?

HI papul,
congrats for your new city.Its been a long time since i have seen a new city owner in this forum.
I say you will be very much happy if you install just the parking sensors and not waste your money on reverse cam,believe me even if you install any gadget,it will not help you more then 20-30%,rest will always be your inside and outside rear view mirrors along with your own senses.
I have used rev cam,cam + sensors,and presently only sensors in my city,thats why i am saying this after a lot of things i experienced.

Thread Starter #5
Well, this is our first sedan, and dad is a bit nervous regarding the length. I guess a reverse cam will be of great help in parking.

How much do front and back parking sensors kit cost? Do I need visual display(for sensors) or only sound aid(like increasing the intensity of beeping as car gets closer) will work?

Thread Starter #6
I have been reading a lot about tire upgrades. Which tires (size & brand) should I get? I heard that changing to better tires improves fuel efficiency. Is it true?

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Well, this is our first sedan, and dad is a bit nervous regarding the length. I guess a reverse cam will be of great help in parking. How much do front and back parking sensors kit cost? Do I need visual display(for sensors) or only sound aid(like increasing the intensity of beeping as car gets closer) will work?
I’d suggest him to drive the car in open areas first and get used to it. Generally, parking sensors are sufficient but if he does not feel comfortable – You can install the camera but ensure not to fully rely on such devices. Similarly, I also think front sensors are not required. This link might help.

I have been reading a lot about tire upgrades. Which tires (size & brand) should I get? I heard that changing to better tires improves fuel efficiency. Is it true?
Probably to a marginal extent. Let us know the requirements (kind of use etc). Though do note that upsizing the tyres could void the warranty.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
Upsizing tires voids warranty? Didn't know that. If there is not much gain then I won't change the tires.

The car will drive on rough roads.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks a lot for the answers 350Z. Can you please tell what model and brand of parking sensors and reverse camera and display I should buy? Can you please tell me the approximate price of those components?

350Z

Core Team
Can you please tell what model and brand of parking sensors and reverse camera and display I should buy? Can you please tell me the approximate price of those components?
Autocop and Xenos are renowned brands in this market. Set of four sensors would not cost more than Rs.4K. You are still also looking for a camera?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
Autocop and Xenos are renowned brands in this market. Set of four sensors would not cost more than Rs.4K. You are still also looking for a camera?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yeah.

Also the dealer is asking 7k for sensors. I think that includes installation too.
When I asked him if I could buy the equipment myself and let them install it so that I do not lose warranty. He refused.

Top Bottom