Paddle Shifters For Maruti Suzuki Swift AMT

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I've a 2018 swift with AMT transmission. I'm happy with the transmission system so far and the only gripe I have is the slow upshifts but it's alright, nothing you cannot live with( it's the fastest if you shift between 3 and 4k rpm).

Like the title says, I was wondering if I could install some kind of paddle/buttons to shift up and down.

I don't think the AMT uses cables or linkages. I assume it's all electric signals and switches.

The AMT system is by magnetti marelli and I don't have any kind of diagrams to actually see how it's been operated. All is for now is just guess.

Anybody has more info about this system ? Is this something we can pull off ?

Thank you.

images (3).jpeg

Thread Starter #4
You have manual option for up and down at the gear lever itself. How does it work is it possible to tap from there?.
It does have a simple up and down mode to manually change the gears.

Doesn't look like the mechanism uses simple contact switches to change gears though. Will have to disassemble the whole thing in order to find out.

As far as I can tell, it's not made in a way to open up easily. Wish I had more info about the mechanism.

It does have a simple up and down mode to manually change the gears.

Doesn't look like the mechanism uses simple contact switches to change gears though. Will have to disassemble the whole thing in order to find out.

As far as I can tell, it's not made in a way to open up easily. Wish I had more info about the mechanism.
If you look into parts catalog you can find it out its assembly.

Top Bottom