Owning A "Fort": My Pre-Owned First Gen Toyota Fortuner

Thread Starter #61
MAY DAY DIY:
I had the entire morning and noon free today and thought i will do a front grille black out for TANTOR. I had bought spray paint for my DIY painting of the M800 wiper .I had more than 3/4th can remaining and instead of preserving paint wanted to finish it with this cosmetic DIY.
Most of the description and pictures tell the story .Getting the grille out is the best way for a good finish and coverage!careful with the plastic tabs they can break if excess force is applied .
I took time to clean out the front of the radiator and the massive chrome of the Roots megasonic horns as the grille was out .Wash and sandpaper the surface of the ABS plastic so that the paint can adhere better .
Allow for 10-15 minutes between each coat for better finish and preventing runs.
This was my first experience with rattle can spray paint and was a good learning experience about the coverage and finishes achievable through variation of distance and speed of application .Watch on and give me your feedback friends [;)]
Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
Slide7.JPG
Slide8.JPG
Slide9.JPG
Slide10.JPG
Slide11.JPG
Slide12.JPG

The job is fantastic.
Spray cans are addictive once you get used to them. You can do wonderful art projects using those.
Remember to use clear coat for long life of the paint.

Thread Starter #63
thanks bhvm for your appreciation [cheers].Will the clear coat give a glossy effect as i prefer the matte effect of the paint for now .Yes ! as you said spray can is addictive i have already other projects in the pipeline [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #65
thanks for the information bhvm ! which brand do you generally prefer ?and do you buy them online or directly at stores?
I have gone though your work on the "blue elephant" and certainly your work is an inspiration [thumbsup]
Surely and shortly I shall post my projects as I haven't yet started on them yet .Suspense [lol]

For more serious Projects I use Rustoleum.(Safari)
For simpler ones I use Abro or Coating Daddy. Coating daddy is most economical at Rs 300/can whilst has very good quality.
Rustoleum is double the cost at 600~650 a can. I brought all my stuff on Flipkart.

Top Bottom