Owning a Car: Necessity or Luxury?

Owning a Car Luxury or Necessity?

• Just Some Luxury & Show Off! This is Known As Car.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Other day we were discussing whether cars are a Necessity in this rapid growing world or just a Luxury? This is an interesting topic so I consider it important to discuss same with you all. Also, You’ll amazed to learn that apart from our special breed, i.e Petrol Heads, there are a few who consider cars just as a medium to reach from point A to B. That’s it!

So which category do find yourself falling into? Do you take cars as a luxury or believe that in today’s modern era, car is strictly a necessity for everyone?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Haha..Good one. For me too it is a Necessity.An Example: Recently when my car's ECU was ripped off by a thief, The car was left to workshop for a day and then I realize how dependent I've became on it.

Drive Safe,
350Z

When i bought m car, it was certainlly a neccessity for me, as a new member in my family was expected.

But, now i do use it for luxury also.

in today's world, its actually a mix of both though i have opted for necessity.

with today modern infrastructure & good transport system, you can travel anywhere in & out of the city without your personal car. but for more convenience & comfort, a car is a must.

It has become a necessity for most people now! It is easy for people to travel in comfort with the now developed road infrastructure! With the improved highways we can actually travel quicker to the adjacent cities than the trains!

A Hatch can be a necessity car which can be used for day to day purposes and for Luxury we can have the SUV'S and the D-segment sedans!!

And as 350Z said when i leave my car for service that is the time i know how much dependent i am on my car!!

It is no doubt a necessity! Ask me! We have so much of trouble getting from Point A to Point B using public transport. Trains aren't that convenient, buses aren't on time and packed to the gills, and autorickshaw drivers have a will of their own. All these things make daily commuting a headache, which is why a car has become a necessity now. Earlier, it was more of a luxurious thing, not anymore. Every person needs a car.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
So, As expected all the votes go for Necessity which is actually true buttt, Suppose if we have better and quicker modes of public transport in cities, What will you opt for? Because sometimes in Delhi, there are a few places by which you can reach within 5 minuted by Metro (And Yes, It is very clean and well maintained too!) where as it'll take 30+ Minutes by a car, Thanks to everyone for using their private vehicles!

Drive Safe,
350Z

good topic, i will also go with what others said, specially raj_5004. car is more a necessity in this time but when you have a necessity of something, you gradually start make it according to your convenience also. hence result is in front of us that now we take car as mixture of both, necessity + luxury.

Its now not a luxury but a necessity. We move out in car even for a short distance work which shows that we are totally dependent on cars

@ 350Z The MRTS here in Chennai is as you said! We can reach places quicker alright but its really crowded and you don even will get a place to sit even for long journeys! And this makes us to prefer cars over public transport systems!!

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Is that something like Merto Rail facility? But I must add that the Delhi Metro has maintained International standard levels. When it was newly inaugurated, I gave a try and was astonished when reached from one point to another really quickly than expected. Not just this, The metro was very comfortable as well as convenient too plus free of crowd but since I ain't alone to enjoy, The rush has eventually increased terribly.Thus I believe our personal transport has proved to be a way better, and definitely will always remain. :smile: However, For short distance city travels the public transport could be a considerable option, given that it is "well maintained" which is unfortunately rare and available in a very few cities of our country.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom