Ownership Transferred RC Not Received from RTO

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Need help in knowing the process of Ownership change & RC book issual. I got ownership changed to my name of my car. Its been more than 3 weeks now & I have not received my RC, while submitting my documents RTO people had informed me that it will be sent to me in 3 weeks another 2 days to go & it will complete 4 weeks[anger]. Not sure about the follow up, I have a acknowledgement which I will walk into RTO & check in the mean time need your inputs.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe
Santosh.V

350Z

Core Team
Just contact them for further updates. Following documents have to be submitted in case of ownership transfer:

- Registration certificate in original

- Form no.29 duly filled in duplicate (attested one copy)

- Form no.30 duly filled in duplicate

- Attested copy of valid insurance certificate

- Attested copy of address proof of purchaser

- Attested copy of valid Pollution Under Control Certificate

- Prescribed fee along with penalty if the transfer of ownership not applied within 14 days from the date of purchase.

- Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Thanks a lot for the update [:)]. Wanted to share the update what the RTO people said today. They informed they are not having PVC cards in stock hence there is a delay in the delivery of RC. It sounded ridiculous for me!! As expected never ever will the RTO people stick on to the timeline. Its a utter waste of time to rely on them[anger]. Hoping to get my RC soon.

Drive Safe
Santosh.V

350Z

Core Team
Wanted to share the update what the RTO people said today. They informed they are not having PVC cards in stock hence there is a delay in the delivery of RC.
You are now at least updated about the reason. My dealer has told that it will take a couple of months to issue RC (for new car).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #6
Guys Good News [:D]

Got my RC today !! Well RTO ppl have actually proven me wrong, I should now reconsider my view about them, it second day I spoke to them & today the RC is in my post box. Am overwhelmed!! Well that is it for now. Thanks all for your support.

[thumbsup]
Drive Safe
Santosh.V

Thread Starter #7
Wow !!

Noticed this now, everything is fine in the RC about the Car details, but my name is mispelt & Initials are wrong too[confused], hey guys plz let me knw if it will be of any concerns,my name & spelling was clearly mentioned in form 30, god knows what the operator was doing while entering the details[frustration].

Drive Safe
Santosh.V

All thanks to our VERY educated government staff. Most of my family member's voting cards, driving licence, telephone bill, electricity bill, almost all things related to government staff has one or the other mistake.. So we have to live with it, atleast we are living with it..[frustration]

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
As long as the details were filled correct in the form earlier - You should get the errors rectified otherwise it might create uninvited trouble in future.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
@ gears1313 : Well said very true my friend :)

@ 350Z : when you say trouble what kind it might be?? My Initial is put in the beginning of name with my dad's father initial along with it,that is the mistake & if Submit it for correction any idea how long it might take? What is the process? Now its a real pain[frustration] to contact them for this..

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

Thread Starter #11
Hey Guys,

I have got an update, I contacted the RTO people they said they have updated the records in their records & there is no need to worry, if i have to get the details changed in smart card then i have to shell out another 200 bugs,what am supposed to do now?? Is there any complaint section for RTO?? Can anything be done about it? Due to their negligence & irresponsible attitude i am paying extra. Can anything be done about it or should i blindly pay another 200bugs & get the mistake rectified?? Am pissed on these RTO guys[frustration].

Inputs Required
Santosh.V
Drive Safe

350Z

Core Team
@ 350Z : when you say trouble what kind it might be??
Sometimes it might cause issues while claiming an insurance or selling off the car.

I have got an update, I contacted the RTO people they said they have updated the records in their records & there is no need to worry, if i have to get the details changed in smart card then i have to shell out another 200 bugs,what am supposed to do now??
You are not supposed to pay a penny. Mistake is from their end, not yours.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13
Hi Friends,

Got back my RC after having a tough fight with the RTO guys, they wanted me to pay 200 bugs for the mistake from their end, I reached out to them previous day, had to vent my frustration & finally did they accept mistake is from their end. Neverthless they said it will not be a problem & stuffs like that, seeing my discomfort they agreed to get the same card changed, they rectified my Initials, but name has a extra 'H', which I feel should not be a issue. rest is all fine now. Thanks to the inputs by experts here, i was confident enough to face them, my intial is in the starting, petrol heads need your input again will this be ok??

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V

Hi Friends,

Got back my RC after having a tough fight with the RTO guys, they wanted me to pay 200 bugs for the mistake from their end, I reached out to them previous day, had to vent my frustration & finally did they accept mistake is from their end. Neverthless they said it will not be a problem & stuffs like that, seeing my discomfort they agreed to get the same card changed, they rectified my Initials, but name has a extra 'H', which I feel should not be a issue. rest is all fine now. Thanks to the inputs by experts here, i was confident enough to face them, my intial is in the starting, petrol heads need your input again will this be ok??

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
It can be an issue in future, Why settle with something they did wrong. Demand them to fix it.(Its not a big deal for them, Only that they create a big fuss.)

If they do not budge, Send a complaint and request to the Head of the office via registered post with acknowledgement card to get the matter sorted out.(Keep a copy of the complaint with you along with the acknowledgement card when it returns. Also take a photostat copy of the RC you have with you now.) If required, file a Right to Information(R.T.I) Application at the R.T.O office demanding a true copy of the application you had filed intially for getting the ownership transferred, It will prove that the error was not on your part.

Thread Starter #15
Hi Jalex,

Well very true, +1 to what you said but the faith I have towards our government & the way it works ughhhhhhhh, just cant describe, respect your opinion though would not like to take a second chance coz they are in no mood to rectify their mistake, if they would they would not provide card, if they have agreed it would definetly take ages which I am not ready to wait.. its a matter of an extra H & to support my stance I have a B extract copy of my vehicles details which would suffice the purpose, please correct me if am wrong, thanks a lot for your much useful reply..

Regards.
Santosh.V

Top Bottom