Ownership Review of Volkswagen Polo (P) Highline - Candy White

Hello Shailinder,
i am interested in purchasing used Polo; Can please share your thoughts on below points:
1) Maintenance charges:
2)i will be buying 2012 / 2013 model what are the major replacements u expect like Tyres, suspension, fuel pump, Front brake pad, rear brake shoe, AC Service, Gas Charging and Condenser Clean etc., Anything from the above major happened to ur ride
3) Spare parts charges, your polo had gone through any part replacement and what was the cost
4) How much does it cost for 2014 model???
My heart says buy polo but mind in total disagreement as it will be pricey to maintain. i always listen to my heart bcoz i dont want to regret after making my decision.
Anything i need to know about owning polo which is 2 to 3 years old plz let feel free to write.
BTW your ride is superb...

Hello Shailinder,
i am interested in purchasing used Polo; Can please share your thoughts on below points:
1) Maintenance charges:
2)i will be buying 2012 / 2013 model what are the major replacements u expect like Tyres, suspension, fuel pump, Front brake pad, rear brake shoe, AC Service, Gas Charging and Condenser Clean etc., Anything from the above major happened to ur ride
3) Spare parts charges, your polo had gone through any part replacement and what was the cost
My heart says buy polo but mind in total disagreement as it will be pricey to maintain. i always listen to my heart bcoz i dont want to regret after making my decision.
Anything i need to know about owning polo which is 2 to 3 years old plz let feel free to write.
Yes Buddy all my friends have had a bad time with VW

Thread Starter #93
Hello Shailinder,
I am interested in purchasing used Polo; Can please share your thoughts on below points:
1) Maintenance charges:
2) I will be buying 2012 / 2013 model what are the major replacements u expect like Tyres, suspension, fuel pump, Front brake pad, rear brake shoe, AC Service, Gas Charging and Condenser Clean etc., Anything from the above major happened to ur ride
My heart says buy polo but mind in total disagreement as it will be pricey to maintain. I always listen to my heart bcoz I don't want to regret after making my decision.
Anything I need to know about owning polo which is 2 to 3 years old plz let feel free to write.
Hi Srinivas,

Sorry for a very late reply. I am sure by now you would have bought your favourite car. Do let me know which one bought.

My thoughts on POLO after 6 years of ownership. AWESOME!! I do not have any plans to change mine soon but even if I will change it will be a German car and predominately a VW.
As far as service n spares are concerned then "Touchwood" I have not encountered a situation wherein I had to pay a single rupee extra for anything. Just regular service. Earlier, I used to go to VW centres but now from last 3-4 yrs, getting it serviced at my doorstep via Cartisan. You can download the app and see if they are operating in your region. You can buy genuine OEM parts (if need be) and ask them to replace. Nominal service charges, I do not remember paying more than 8k each service or I would say once a year.

Changes made so far in my car:
1. Michelin XM2 185/65 r15
2. Leatherite seat covers (Sung fit or stitched to the seat)
3. Brembo Breaks and disks
4. Philips 100/90 relay kit with OSRAM 100/90 halogen bulbs
5. Philips 30W LED as fogs - done last Sunday ( 23rd Feb'2020)
6. Nothing else

Changes planned:
1. Projector Headlights - Taiwanese or Chinese, unable to decide
2. Tyre change - last I changed when I bought this car. Will go for Michelin XM2 185/65 r15
3. Hmmm....nothing much

If you or anybody has a specific question. Please ask and I will try my level best to answer at the earliest.

Thanks

Thread Starter #94
Hello Everyone!!!

Happy New Year - 2021.

I need your assistance, I am planning to upgrade my VW Polo's headlights - Projector, Xenon etc. If you could assist me with some genuine shop, a dealer in South Bangalore or otherwise. It would be a great help.

Cheers !!![cheers]

Thread Starter #96
How much this costed you. And where u got it done. Does it require any wire cutting.
Relay kit was around Rs. 850 from Amazon
100/90 bulbs were around Rs. 449 to Rs. 500 for a pair from Amazon
Installation was Rs. 200/-

Total around Rs. 1500/-

No there wasn't any requirement for a wiring cut. It is direct plug n play. One has to directly tap the power from the battery and ground it. I made a video on it, please have a look.

Thread Starter #97
Hi Srinivas,

Sorry for a very late reply. I am sure by now you would have bought your favourite car. Do let me know which one bought.

My thoughts on POLO after 6 years of ownership. AWESOME!! I do not have any plans to change mine soon but even if I will change it will be a German car and predominately a VW.
As far as service n spares are concerned then "Touchwood" I have not encountered a situation wherein I had to pay a single rupee extra for anything. Just regular service. Earlier, I used to go to VW centres but now from last 3-4 yrs, getting it serviced at my doorstep via Cartisan. You can download the app and see if they are operating in your region. You can buy genuine OEM parts (if need be) and ask them to replace. Nominal service charges, I do not remember paying more than 8k each service or I would say once a year.

Changes made so far in my car:
1. Michelin XM2 185/65 r15
2. Leatherite seat covers (Sung fit or stitched to the seat)
3. Brembo Breaks and disks
4. Philips 100/90 relay kit with OSRAM 100/90 halogen bulbs
5. Philips 30W LED as fogs - done last Sunday ( 23rd Feb'2020)
6. Nothing else

Changes planned:
1. Projector Headlights - Taiwanese or Chinese, unable to decide
2. Tyre change - last I changed when I bought this car. Will go for Michelin XM2 185/65 r15
3. Hmmm....nothing much

If you or anybody has a specific question. Please ask and I will try my level best to answer at the earliest.

Thanks
Hi All,

As stated above, I have got stock discs and break shoes upgraded to Brembo. Breaking performance has increased big time. Following video is a quick installation and update about it. Have a look and enjoy!!

Do let me know if you need any update.

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom