Ownership Review of Volkswagen Polo (P) Highline - Candy White

Friends,
I have some questions and where else I can go to clearify than TAI.
Always a pleasure saar.
Nope. Play safe.
How good or bad they are ?
Good - you get a much better and clearer field of vision but they eat up battery like anything and you also get extremely pissed off oncomers for free[gun].
Are they plug n play, like OSRAM NB / NB+, Philips xtreme etc ? Or something else would be required ?
You do get plug 'n play HID kits - check online and you should get many options like this one: Volkswagen Polo Xenon Lights | Volkswagen Polo HID Kits Volkswagen Polo HIDs Headlights Bulbs
Which company and idea about ideal discharge or heat Polo's plastic holders will be able hold / tolerate ?
No idea; but get in touch with this guy:
Manjit Suri
Motobike Performance Parts
+91-9811422626, 011-45604388
1617 / 32 Nai wala,
Shri Kishan Dass Road,
Karol Bagh
Friends,
I am planning to black matt finish paint to my Polo's alloy. What do your suggest ? Any first hand inform like people already done something of this sort would be welcome.
Black wheels look absolutely (not allowed to type such words on the Forum[cry]) on a white car. Use several layers of good quality heat resistant paint and you should be good to go.

@ shailinder: Welcome to the Polo family Sirji. Good decision on the White Polo. Even I have a White Polo TDi have done few stuff on it. Would love to help you if you require any help on it.

BTW the seat covers look stunning even i am planning on something like that but out of Vitamin M for the moment.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
@ shailinder: Welcome to the Polo family Sirji. Good decision on the White Polo. Even I have a White Polo TDi have done few stuff on it. Would love to help you if you require any help on it.

BTW the seat covers look stunning even i am planning on something like that but out of Vitamin M for the moment.
Thanks Sandykudva. I would surely be in touch with you for some first hand tips. How about sharing few pictures so that people including would be able to get some idea.

Really white polo is looking awesome specially with black alloys. Seat covers adds to the sporty look of the car. Congratulations for Polo
Thanks Sandip. Yes I know black or black matt finished would look stunning on white colour. But I am unable to take a call right now that whether I should do it on my own DIY or seek professional help. [confused]

Shailinder, black ' n red seat covers on a black 'n beige interior?

Naah!!
[lol]Well you have every right to disagree with me but I wanted some sporty touch on my cars interior. I thought of going with black and beige combination but it was looking way too dull to be very frank.

You never know I might go and colour biege part in my Polo with black colour [roll]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #37
Update:

Car has covered some 2200 kms since purcharsed. Ride quality is getting smoother with every passing day. So far I have crossed 110 mark once or twice and that too when I was in a hurry. Otherwise sedete driving giving more pleasure than fast.

Current average I am getting around 17 kmpl. In morning hours I am getting average around 20 kmpl and evening around 15 kmpl. But when I check complete trip average from the tank full time it is around 16.9 or 17 kmpl.

Thread Starter #39
Shailinder, how do you find the NVH, especially on a cold engine?
Sam,

NVH for me are acceptable or I would say decent. Little engine noise (to me)can be heard during the starting (nothing to do with cold or warm start, every time you would hear it and car will shake a little) but once you start driving. It will disappear or become negligible. If you push the car, you would hear a sporty sound (at least for me, others please share their inputs).

To sum it up, I am fine and does not have any concerns related to NVH. [:)]

Thanks and a quick tip: do not park the car with the handbrake applied overnight immediately after a pressure wash over the wheels - the brakes are known to stick as a result, rendering the car immovable.

Dont know if Volkswagen have rectified this in the newer models - Polo owners could comment.

Thread Starter #41
Thanks and a quick tip: do not park the car with the handbrake applied overnight immediately after a pressure wash over the wheels - the brakes are known to stick as a result, rendering the car immovable.

Dont know if Volkswagen have rectified this in the newer models - Polo owners could comment.
Yes. I read about it somewhere and that is the reason don't use nor let the car cleaning guy to put water on rims.

Thanks.

Heard such instances long time back. I wash and park my car with handbrakes on, but never encountered such problem ever. So I guess no need to worry.

Shailinder, how do you find the NVH, especially on a cold engine?
Polo's NVH certainly scores low in front of Japs and Koreans. On a hot summer day it may sometimes get even more noisy due to AC but at the same time sound insulation in cabin is remarkably good.

Thread Starter #43
On a hot summer day it may sometimes get even more noisy due to AC but at the same time sound insulation in cabin is remarkably good.
I agree with you completely rightnow. It is actually too good. [clap]

Update:

Car has covered some 3200 KMs and nearing her first service / check up at 7500KMs. Average is consistent at 16+ during morning hours Delhi - Gurgaon and 14.5+ during evening hours same route but with too much traffic. [evil]

Top Bottom