Ownership Review of Volkswagen Polo (P) Highline - Candy White

Thread Starter #61
Well Shailinder i also own a VW Polo TDi and the average that i get overall is around 15-16km/ltr. Now you know your friend well so wont comment anything on that......
Thanks Sandy for detailed reasoning. I agree to your points. My point was that if anyone drive car sedetaly in general. They would get better milage on any car. Your picture above proved that. I would also attain the high milage if I drive on the same strech on which you drove and easy get 20-22 kmpl or little more because mine is a petrol.

Note:- I drive at a speed of 60-80 kmph on an average but maintain a constent speed most of the times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #62
Friends,
My Polo has crossed the 5000 Km mark today morning. But a strange thing happened in the morning. When I was going to office, I heard "gad gad" sound few times as if something is sticking somewhere under the car and creating that noise. But the frequency was irratic and I could not make out anything. I stopped the car and looked around but everything was ok. Or looked ok to me.

What could be the reason ? Any idea..

Friends,
My Polo has crossed the 5000 Km mark today morning. But a strange thing happened in the morning. When I was going to office, I heard "gad gad" sound few times as if something is sticking somewhere under the car and creating that noise. But the frequency was irratic and I could not make out anything. I stopped the car and looked around but everything was ok. Or looked ok to me.

I felt the same noise from rear tires for 5-6 seconds few days back, don't know what could be the reason as nothing looked wrong. But one thing, It rained a day before the noise in the car. It might be something related to the rain. Did you face similar situation? I am going to raise this issue when I take the car for first service next month.

Thread Starter #64
It might be something related to the rain. Did you face similar situation? I am going to raise this issue when I take the car for first service next month.
I dont remember whether it rained during that time or not. But that noise is not there anymore.

Please let us know the findings by SA, though I doubt they would give any meaningful answer.[glasses]

Thread Starter #65
Yesterday it rained quite heavily in Delhi / NCR. People from this region would agree. Now, while coming back i saw fog / moisture etc on my rear window and switched on defogger. But nothing happened, I mean there were few lines but it did not clear anything from the screen...

Then I had to start AC to remove that fog / moisture. What could be the problem...Defogger gone for a toss or something else.

Moreover, my first service is also due in next 18-19 days as per MID. Though I have covered some 6500+ kms so far. What is the procedure like, call and take an appointment or reach in the morning and wait to enter.

What all things they are going to perform ? Any first hand information would be very helpful.

Thanks

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Yesterday it rained quite heavily in Delhi / NCR. People from this region would agree. Now, while coming back i saw fog / moisture etc on my rear window and switched on defogger. But nothing happened, I mean there were few lines but it did not clear anything from the screen. Then I had to start AC to remove that fog / moisture. What could be the problem. Defogger gone for a toss or something else.
That's how a defogger is supposed to work. This process happens gradually and is nothing to fret about.

Moreover, my first service is also due in next 18-19 days as per MID. Though I have covered some 6500+ kms so far. What is the procedure like, call and take an appointment or reach in the morning and wait to enter.
It's worth taking an appointment beforehand by providing your car's registration number to book the slot if you don't want to end up waiting for hours.

What all things they are going to perform ? Any first hand information would be very helpful.
This information is in the ownership manual. Refer to Polo ownership reviews on our forum and also visit this link: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...servicing-your-car-checklist-tips-tricks.html.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Friends,

I forgot to update that I had changed the stock tyres from JK 185/60/R15 to Michelin 185/65/R15. Just 5mm increase as Michelins were not available in 185/60/R15.

Ride quality have increased considerably and tyre noise have reduced drastically.

Thanks
hi shailinder,

hope all's well and you enjoying your polo.

i wanted to know if you were able to solve the left pulling issue on your polo ? i am facing same issue.

any guidance will be helpful.

thanks.

Thread Starter #70
Hello Friends,
I have an issue, recently I got my car first serviced i.e. 28th Dec'14. But yesterday one strange thing happened I need your inputs. Engine light is glowing yellow and it is constently present there.
Please have a look at the image attached and sugget what could be the possibility of the same.

What precautions I have to take and how to get it addressed. I know I have to visit the service centre but what could be the reason.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Engine is starting and if I want to drive I am able to.

Attachments

Friends,

Hello,

Did you manage to get that sound origin checked?

My Punto made similar sound recently near Hubli (400 KMs away from my home) - it was as if some big friction happening with / under wheels.

Stopped on side and then continued my journey, the sound is not heard since then but I suspect that to be rear wheel bearing issue.

I am planning to get checked during service this month (3 yr service) but wanted to see if there could be other reasons.

Thread Starter #73
Hi Shailinder, 2 apparent causes I can think of!
1) The engine oil was not filled to proper quantity.
2) A wiring mal-function.
A quick Q: Are you finding any change in engine temperature needle too? Means, is the engine getting heated more than normal?
Regards
Akash
Thanks Akash for the revert. Well my friend I have not observed any change in engine performance nor temperature gauge light is glowing while driving.

After I noticed it yesterday, I called the RSA of VW and they said that since it is yellow in colour you need to bring it to the work station to get it checked but you can drive it for roughly 100-120 kms. If it is red then do not drive as we need to toe it. So i contacted service station today morning and they asked to bring the car.

You point 1, seems to be a valid reason as I got it serviced last month (roughly 15 days back). But even if they could missed the right amount of oil. It has to happen after few months, dont you think so ! Or they missed filling more than a litre [surprise].

Your point 2, is also possible as few days back while starting the engine I could noticed that same light was not glowing. Actually in my car there are 3 lights ON post switching the ignition but not starting the car. One is engine light and rest 2 I dont remember. It wasn't ON then so I switched off and again started and it was glowing before the engine startup and post starting disappeared as always.

Do not know what to do ? [frustration]What do you think ? I know I have to go and meet at work station for sure.

Thanks

Hello,
Did you manage to get that sound origin checked?
My Punto made similar sound recently near Hubli (400 KMs away from my home) - it was as if some big friction happening with / under wheels.
Stopped on side and then continued my journey, the sound is not heard since then but I suspect that to be rear wheel bearing issue.
I am planning to get checked during service this month (3 yr service) but wanted to see if there could be other reasons.
No Hemant, I could not found the reason.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Or they missed filling more than a litre

Very much possible.

few days back while starting the engine I could noticed that same light was not glowing. Actually in my car there are 3 lights ON post switching the ignition but not starting the car. One is engine light and rest 2 I dont remember. It wasn't ON then so I switched off and again started and it was glowing before the engine startup and post starting disappeared as always.
It is highly possible, engine oil is short.

Once you visit there, do make sure to get the engine oil re-fill/ top up done in front of you only.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom