Ownership Review of Our New Wagon-R CNG LXi - 2012

Wagon-R CNG updates

WagonR got it's second free service done recently from DD motors paid 400 bucks for the same. I found CNG wagonR quite economical to run and find it's factory fitted CNG kit far superior then after market kit which was fitted on my Previous gen WagonR. Our new WagonR CNG is running fine and it crossed 4K mark till date with no hiccups.

looking beautiful...shame shame color..even mine is due for 2nd free service..but why 400 rs ?

Toughguy, sorry for dropping late, congratulations on your iGreen Waggy, nice looking shade maruti gives now, looks pretty good.Nice detailed review you shared.Nothing better then company fitted cng kit, much better then aftermarket ones,only grief i have is why does maruti does not offer this Cng variant in its Vxi trim.

Thread Starter #48
looking beautiful...shame shame color..even mine is due for 2nd free service..but why 400 rs ?
Kindly find below the requested payment details for second service bill:

1. Screen wash concentrate 50 ml sachet INR14
2. AC Filter kit INR312

Sub total amount INR325

Vat@12.5% INR41

Net bill amount INR365

Toughguy, sorry for dropping late, congratulations on your iGreen Waggy, nice looking shade maruti gives now, looks pretty good.Nice detailed review you shared.Nothing better then company fitted cng kit, much better then aftermarket ones,only grief i have is why does maruti does not offer this Cng variant in its Vxi trim.
Thanks Vijay, yes the company fitted kit is best in terms of performance and safety. It's sometime quite difficult to tell whether car is running on petrol or CNG, only spoiler is the small engine but same is more than sufficient for city drive.

Kindly find below the requested payment details for second service bill:

1. Screen wash concentrate 50 ml sachet INR14
2. AC Filter kit INR312

Sub total amount INR325

Vat@12.5% INR41

Net bill amount INR365

Thanks Vijay, yes the company fitted kit is best in terms of performance and safety. It's sometime quite difficult to tell whether car is running on petrol or CNG, only spoiler is the small engine but same is more than sufficient for city drive.
absolutely,as i had mentioned earlier also,i actually cranked the engine while it was actually running and that too 5 to 6 times..so smooth .

and btw is that expense recommended for 2nd free service?

and i have 1 good news is that my cng capacity got increased from 7.5 kg to almost 9kg after fully empty.[clap]

only problem i feel is, it doesn't switch over to petrol automatically when cng is empty ..

absolutely,as i had mentioned earlier also,i actually cranked the engine while it was actually running and that too 5 to 6 times..so smooth .

and i have 1 good news is that my cng capacity got increased from 7.5 kg to almost 9kg after fully empty.[clap]

only problem i feel is, it doesn't switch over to petrol automatically when cng is empty ..
That is nice to know about you Waggy CNG. Nicely put in write-up.

Yes, even my sparky is noiseless in LPG mode. I have also cranked so many time assuming the engine is off. Now a days, before cranking my eyes will go to dash board to make sure all the alert lights are on..

Regarding your, CNG capacity, is it only 9KG? My LPG tank is around 32/30 liters but as per instruction i fill only 80% that is around 25 to 26 liters only.

Regarding auto switch off, sparky has that facility. But somewhere I had read that even the new gen wagan R has this feature. Pls confirm whether it is working or not available.

Hi All,

I bought my Wagon R LXi CNG 2 days back and am very happy with it. However, the 4 CNG lights in my car comes down to 3 light after running 10 KMs of full tank and after 50 Kms I can see only 2 lights. Any idea if this is normal or the mileage will be less during the initial period.

Also, how much will be the cost of the new wings stereo system which comes with the new model of wagon r VXI. The dealer in Delhi is asking for Rs. 16,000 with 4 speakers which i think is very high for the stereo with CD the CD/ USB.

What are the other basic accessories would you suggest with price and also any recommendation of a good place to purchase these in Delhi?

Is it necessary to run this car on Petrol for a few KMs each day or we can run it only on CNG and will not spoil the engine.

Will the car switch over to petrol automatically when the CNG is over or will it stop and we will need to move to petrol manually and restart the car?

I love the information on this thread and would like to participate in sharing the information of this cool toy :-). I am loving it already.

Thanks

Thread Starter #52
I didn't requested anything they had done everything on their own as per the requirement of the vehicle and schedule.

Congrats during winters (at low temperature) they tend to accommodate more gas.

Same thing happened with me too, it didn't switched over automatically from CNG to petrol.

That is nice to know about you Waggy CNG. Nicely put in write-up.
Sethumurugan thanks for your kind words.

Hi All,
I bought my Wagon R LXi CNG 2 days back and am very happy with it. However, the 4 CNG lights in my car comes down to 3 light after running 10 KMs of full tank and after 50 Kms I can see only 2 lights. Any idea if this is normal or the mileage will be less during the initial period.
Congrats for your new car wishing you and your family many happy miles in it. First two lights will give you less mileage compare to last two. Approx 2-1.5 KG gas remains in reserve and display indicator indicates it by red light. You will definitely notice more refinement and slight increase in fuel efficiency after the first engine oil change. To be on safer side don't rev engine too much till first service.

Also, how much will be the cost of the new wings stereo system which comes with the new model of wagon r VXI. The dealer in Delhi is asking for Rs. 16,000 with 4 speakers which i think is very high for the stereo with CD the CD/ USB.
Rana motors quoted 13.5K for integrated Alpine wing stereo with four speakers, it had FM/USB/memory card reader slot but didn't had CD option. 16K is too steep try Nippon stereo with four speakers which i got for my waggy they will solve your purpose, it has average sound but is fully loaded.

What are the other basic accessories would you suggest with price and also any recommendation of a good place to purchase these in Delhi?
Basic accessories

1) Textile and rubber mats
2) Leather steering cover
3) Mud flaps
4) Tissue box
5) Car freshner
6) Central lock
7) Car Stereo
8) Gear lock

You can choose from them based on your priority, you can purchase them from any accessories shop. I prefer authorize car dealer accessories shop for work which involves electrical/electronics of the car due to guarantee/warranty issues.

Is it necessary to run this car on Petrol for a few KMs each day or we can run it only on CNG and will not spoil the engine.
It is not necessary but to be on safer side use petrol once a week at least to keep petrol fuel line in good working condition. Do fill the petrol at least once in a month.

Will the car switch over to petrol automatically when the CNG is over or will it stop and we will need to move to petrol manually and restart the car?
It has to be but mine didn't shift automatically will consult my dealer to know more on this. Currently i do this manually.

I love the information on this thread and would like to participate in sharing the information of this cool toy :-). I am loving it already.
Thanks
Thanks a lot for your kind words, do share your ownership review and experience with your vehicle in new thread.

Hi All,

Thanks
@Raj, congrats on new ride. hope you and your family have lots and lots of happy miles in it.

Yes, as toughguy suggested please use petrol atleast in a week. I have Spark LPG. And I will make sure I have atleast 10 liters of petrol in my sparky regularly. Reasongs behind it

• When you run out of GAS [LPG or CNG] you might need it.
  • For starting we need petrol [At-least my LPG sparky requires that]. after some time it changes to LPG automatically.
  • Even if I have gas, some times I use petrol for the precise reason mentioned by Toughguy that the fuel lines should be clean

Regarding FE in CNG, I do not know much, but My sparky gives me less FE[frustration]

Thanks for your inputs.

Planning to go out tomorrow to check on the seat covers / music system for new Wagon R tomorrow.

The intial mielage on CNG is 24+ as of now. I am loving the savings already and also enjoying the drive. I am very happy with my decision of buying this car.

Unfortunately today a small stone from the road came to my screen and got a small line of scratch on the left lower part of the windscreen :-(. I checked with wind shield experts and they mentioned that if it is repairable they will charge Rs. 9000 or else asked me to get this replaced from insurance. My experience with these minor scratches is that noting happens to the windscreen and on my earlier car I got a sctarch about 14 years ago and the windscreen was still in perfect condition.

I am missing the clock and temprature which I had in my Swift Dzire, will check if I can get something nice from the market tomorrow. Can anyone suggest any decent shop for th ecar audio in new delhi with genuine/ decent price products.

Is it worth installing the reverse parking sensor in this car? Has anyone got them and which ones? I guess this is a small car and can do without it but due to my back problem everyone is suggesting me to get it done.

What else could be useful to install in the car besides also this? Any suggestions.

Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Thanks for your inputs.

Planning to go out tomorrow to check on the seat covers / music system for new Wagon R tomorrow.

The intial mielage on CNG is 24+ as of now. I am loving the savings already and also enjoying the drive. I am very happy with my decision of buying this car.

Unfortunately today a small stone from the road came to my screen and got a small line of scratch on the left lower part of the windscreen :-(. I checked with wind shield experts and they mentioned that if it is repairable they will charge Rs. 9000 or else asked me to get this replaced from insurance. My experience with these minor scratches is that noting happens to the windscreen and on my earlier car I got a sctarch about 14 years ago and the windscreen was still in perfect condition.

I am missing the clock and temprature which I had in my Swift Dzire, will check if I can get something nice from the market tomorrow. Can anyone suggest any decent shop for th ecar audio in new delhi with genuine/ decent price products.

Is it worth installing the reverse parking sensor in this car? Has anyone got them and which ones? I guess this is a small car and can do without it but due to my back problem everyone is suggesting me to get it done.

What else could be useful to install in the car besides also this? Any suggestions.

Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks
@Raj,

To be very frank, you are expecting so many things from a simple rectangular box which just popular because of the tag Maruti Suzuki. Yes I agree that it offers very good space, but features wise it lags behind so many modern age cars today[:)] I hope it is not a hard truth to digest, but it is so

@toughguy
My wagonR's(k10) lights(headlights,cabin lamps) dims and brightens when Accelerator is pressed as if there is a voltage fluctuation.The lights also dims when AC is switched on , when Brakes are appliedor when power window switch is working.Is this occuring in every Wagonr k10 or alto k10.My service guys said its NORMAL.
there is no fluctuation while on battery(i.e when Engine is off) .
Please Check this in your car.Check whether the interior cabin lights or headlights dims and brightens while accelerating and please do reply.

Thank you.

Thread Starter #57
@toughguy
My wagonR's(k10) lights(headlights,cabin lamps) dims and brightens when Accelerator is pressed as if there is a voltage fluctuation.The lights also dims when AC is switched on , when Brakes are appliedor when power window switch is working.Is this occuring in every Wagonr k10 or alto k10.My service guys said its NORMAL.
there is no fluctuation while on battery(i.e when Engine is off) .
Please Check this in your car.Check whether the interior cabin lights or headlights dims and brightens while accelerating and please do reply.

Thank you.
I recall that during power window usage headlight fluctuate a bit in our K-10 wagon-R, but didn't noticed this anywhere else will check and get back to you.

I recall that during power window usage headlight fluctuate a bit in our K-10 wagon-R, but didn't noticed this anywhere else will check and get back to you.
no guys i did not observe any of the issues like this. and i have 1 question tht should we get anti rust coating done or for maruti it is not needed as i was told?

Top Bottom