Ownership Review of Our New Wagon-R CNG LXi - 2012

Thread Starter #16
Review Contd...

DSC07915.JPG

No bottle holes, not even in doors which surely is a big mistake by them come on Maruti Suzuki how much it will cost you. The flimsy bottle/cup holders in dash is of no use for me [anger]

DSC07916.JPG

I find brake and accelerator little closer which surely is a issue for learners

DSC07917.JPG

Nicely integrated dashboard, i liked the overall look and feel of the vehicle from both inside and outside

DSC07918.JPG

Reliable JK tyres, i drove on them for more than 80K km without any fuss on my older waggy, which includes 26hrs nonstop drive to Pune

DSC07919.JPG

Look from sides are ok type

DSC07920.JPG

No prize for guessing, yes this is a moving box

DSC07921.JPG

Nobody is buying this car for it's look

DSC07922.JPG

WagonR is a reliable and proven car on Indian roads, that's a major USP of this car

Thread Starter #17
Review Contd...

DSC07923.JPG

New headlights are more than sufficient for night driving, nicely designed but poorly clamped with fancy clips

DSC07924.JPG

12 KG CNG cylinder is nicely placed into the boot, no space for any luggage

DSC07925.JPG

Open the flap and fill both the Petrol and CNG from here, car's engine stop automatically with opening of the fuel lid

DSC07927.JPG

One of the sole reason to purchase this car, CNG kit was factory fitted

DSC07928.JPG

I liked the new designed roof rail

DSC07929.JPG

Cleanly fitted CNG kit with no loose fire hanging anywhere

DSC07930.JPG

I just hate this underpowered 3 pot engine, very high NVH level and low power output compared to the previous 4 pot engine

DSC07932.JPG

New AC vents enhance the interiors of the car

Thread Starter #18
Review Contd...

DSC07936.JPG

There is no cup/bottle holders in central console or doors, push this thing in dash for bottle holder

DSC07938.JPG

There are two bottle holders for both front passenger and it can hold 1 litre bottle easily, lets see for how many days this works since plastic is of cheap quality

DSC07939.JPG

Rear seat is comfortable with adjustable head rest, leg room is also good

DSC07940.JPG

Cabin lights are nicely integrated and placed perfectly for front passengers

DSC07941.JPG

AC switches and fresh air control switches are easily reachable

DSC07943.JPG

Got this Nippon music system from Maruti accessories shop with four door speakers, this system supports CD/DVD/USB/SD card/Tuner

DSC07947.JPG

Mike for Bluetooth calls, and i shocked to see this thing which works perfectly well

DSC07952.JPG

center AC vents are also good, plastics are cheap

Hey Toughguy, thanks for the pics. The car at least looks better than previous waggy. Performance-wise also I hope it doesn't disappoint.

The stereo HU gels well with interiors. Any idea if it can be bought separately from dealer? Any idea on its price?

And one more thing, What happened to your old waggy- have you sold it?

Thread Starter #20
Hey Toughguy, thanks for the pics. The car at least looks better than previous waggy. Performance-wise also I hope it doesn't disappoint.

The stereo HU gels well with interiors. Any idea if it can be bought separately from dealer? Any idea on its price?

And one more thing, What happened to your old waggy- have you sold it?
You are welcome, yes car looks better than the previous Wagon-R except the rear looks ( at least to me :) )

I exchanged my old Waggy with the my Polo and nowadays trying to convince my wife to exchange her a year old i10 with Vento Tdi [evil]

You are welcome, yes car looks better than the previous Wagon-R except the rear looks ( at least to me :) )

I exchanged my old Waggy with the my Polo and nowadays trying to convince my wife to exchange her a year old i10 with Vento Tdi [evil]
Ohh okay.
My wagon R has done around 70k kms, and I am thinking about replacing it to get a new car for Dad. How much did you exchange it for?

Getting a Vento tdi won't be bad idea too, the exchange offers are going on currently!!

Man.. That was great write-up with lots and lots of photos. Just some clarification/questions/comments from my side

Hey how much this costs you? Is it possible to have one for my sparky with DVD/USB/Bluetooth. Why am asking is what ever double din HU i have seen was having only CD/USB. I want DVD option also.

I this bluetooth part is part of your Music System? How the installation was done?

This is how it is there in my sparky too [My sparky is LPG version].

Even in my sparky I felt the same. I think one of my accident could be because of this reason too [Just after 3 months I took the sparky, Before that I had M800]

Having both [CNG and Petrol openers] in same pocket is really good. The feature which you explained about engine is getting switched off automatically when the lid is open is also good. Is that a unique feature for Waggy or most of the hybrid car has this?

my god that is huge.. really huge tank man.

This is how the tank is there in my sparky..

Because of this tank occupies the spare wheel space, the spare wheel is kept in rear seat. This is major paid when you want to check air for spare wheel.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Man.. That was great write-up with lots and lots of photos. Just some clarification/questions/comments from my side

Hey how much this costs you? Is it possible to have one for my sparky with DVD/USB/Bluetooth. Why am asking is what ever double din HU i have seen was having only CD/USB. I want DVD option also.

HU cost me 11.5K along with two pair of speakers of same brand, i really apologies for writing, there is no vidoo output or display, though you can get double din DVD player with display from aftermarket try them

I this bluetooth part is part of your Music System? How the installation was done?

Yes this is part of the music system, installation has been done by dealer they removed the side plastics for the same everything is on clamp in Maruti

This is how it is there in my sparky too [My sparky is LPG version].

LPG wagon R also got the same setup

Even in my sparky I felt the same. I think one of my accident could be because of this reason too [Just after 3 months I took the sparky, Before that I had M800]

Yep this is surely a area of concern for newbie, who tend to make such mistakes

Having both [CNG and Petrol openers] in same pocket is really good. The feature which you explained about engine is getting switched off automatically when the lid is open is also good. Is that a unique feature for Waggy or most of the hybrid car has this?

Yes this is a very good feature, i am sure other hybrid cars may also got this future

my god that is huge.. really huge tank man.

Yep CNG tanks are quite large, even though total capacity of tank is 12 kg but at a it stores around 8-10 KG of gas only which give rise to 160-200km of range

This is how the tank is there in my sparky..

LPG tanks are smaller in size compare to CNG tank (I am talking about factory fitted kits only). Once i saw a large LPG cylinder similar to CNG one fitted in a car

Because of this tank occupies the spare wheel space, the spare wheel is kept in rear seat. This is major paid when you want to check air for spare wheel.

yes checking the air pressure of spare tyre is a tedious job, even in our i10 with only petrol mode tyre pressure checking is a tough job.
Hi,

Thanks for liking my post and your kind words, please find my answers in bold above.

Regards,
TG

Hey Tough Guy !! Congratulations(bit late and sorry)

Your car looks nice and you know I was trying to buy new Wagon R CNG last year and ended up buying Ritz LDI[clap].

Nice proven machine with excellent comfort !!

HU cost me 11.5K along with two pair of speakers of same brand, i really apologies for writing, there is no vidoo output or display, though you can get double din DVD player with display from aftermarket try them
I have tried after market with display. Not satisfied. I think the minimum itself around 9k and I do not know how it will be.

That is the reason I thought of going for some branded on. Spark has provision for double din. If I have a double din HU it will look good.

My sparky HU.

you can go thru the discussions I had while setting up ICE for my sparky in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/5236-suggestion-ice-installation.html

Thread Starter #26
Hey Tough Guy !! Congratulations(bit late and sorry)

Your car looks nice and you know I was trying to buy new Wagon R CNG last year and ended up buying Ritz LDI[clap].

Nice proven machine with excellent comfort !!
Thanks Gurrala74, Ritz LDI is a superb car and one of my favorites which surely is among one of the most reliable car on Indian road.

I have tried after market with display. Not satisfied. I think the minimum itself around 9k and I do not know how it will be.

That is the reason I thought of going for some branded on. Spark has provision for double din. If I have a double din HU it will look good.

My sparky HU.

you can go thru the discussions I had while setting up ICE for my sparky in http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-entertainment/5236-suggestion-ice-installation.html
Will go through that thread and will comment in the same, thanks for the link.

@Sethu

Yes 2-DIN will look nice in your car, but the present one also seems to be good one with USB and more to it, you have a space left to keep your mobile. So why to spend additional money for a 2-DIN and loose that valuable space. [:)] May be I am thinking too practical[frustration]

Thread Starter #28
Review Contd...

DSC07953.JPG

Lots of legroom for comfortable seating position

DSC07956.JPG

60:40 rear split seat

DSC07957.JPG

Fold the rear seat to access the spare tyre and jack

IMG_0752.jpg

Beautifully designed speedometer

IMG_0759.jpg

Nippon remote central locking and security system

Picture 009.jpg

12V charging point placed near steering wheel

Picture 010.jpg

Hand held fire extinguisher is placed under the co drivers seat

Hey TG

A small suggestion on tyres. Those tyres of JK are really useless and create lot of noise and less with grip. If you have a chance, then go for a upgrade with some wider sections and some better brand like michelin or bridgestone which gives this tall boy a good grip on the road and reduce the body roll. I missed this on my Ritz and waiting for my tyres to worn out !![:)]

Thread Starter #30
Hey TG

A small suggestion on tyres. Those tyres of JK are really useless and create lot of noise and less with grip. If you have a chance, then go for a upgrade with some wider sections and some better brand like michelin or bridgestone which gives this tall boy a good grip on the road and reduce the body roll. I missed this on my Ritz and waiting for my tyres to worn out !![:)]
Thanks for your suggestion, yep JK tyres are not among the best but till date i had a good experience including some hectic drive in my old waggy running on JK Ultima XP check my log here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nonstop-solo-delhi-pune-delhi-my-wagon-r.html

Since my dad will use this car mainly in city traffic, he is against any tyre change.

Top Bottom