Ownership Report: Ford Figo EXI TCDi Sea Grey [1000 km]

Thread Starter #1
Got my Figo TDCi EXi by last Thursday. I was kinda excited to get hold of the car, because it was said that it will be delivered on Monday and god delayed since form20 was missing in docs sent from my Bank. So had to wait a couple of more days to sort it out, and finally my Figo was ready and registered by Thursday evening 5PM.

Introduction:

Had been planning to buy a car for past few months. At first I was planning to go for a petrol car since it costs less :P, and had almost booked an i10. The same day petrol prices got high and so I shuffled back to Diesel and if it was diesel then my only option was Figo. My friends owned it and it was a super car to fall in love with, and it was my first love too.

Every one in my family advised me to go for a swift, but I don’t think its worth the waiting and has no value for the money that I am paying. So it was Figo for sure. My friend always said that “Buying a car is like getting married, so there may be situations where you have to compromise. But there may be love at first sights too..” mine was the love at first sight and so it was easy for me to ignore many comments raised by people and relatives. Common comments against Figo and Ford:
Car is not a style machine
Never buy Ford!!! Ford is gonna shutdown next Sunday!!!
Ford parts and maintenance costs more.
Ford Service sucks [Like he owned a Ford before.. as a matter of fact many don’t even have a car to make this comment]
If its diesel then go for Punto/Swift/Ritz.
Figo TDCi is not fuel efficient, and do not have a turbo lag!!! [Yes one of the guys told me that only the above group has turbo .. that's why they are superior over petrol and diesel Figo]

Why FiGO
Looks good, there is noting to hate or love in the car
Loved the OEM Music system and its quality[Ford had removed the same from EXi version and me added it as an accessory]
Lots of space inside and in boot area
TDCi is proven on Fiesta and there are like a 100000 Figos on-road by now
Superb AC

Dealership Review:

In cochin Kirali Ford is the only dealer. Sales guys are good, they want to sell the car. But didn’t offer a thing.”If you want the car then you have to “ kind attitude. On long bargains and debates they settled me in by offering the “essential pack [Mud flaps + floor mats ]” + “Sun Film”. This is from Kirali Ford, but I had also tried the same at PVS ford Kannur, Their bill is 3k more than what I got at Kirali Ford Cochin. When I mentioned that to sales Girl at Kannur, she said “Sir then you please go ahead and get the car from cochin”. So I settled for Kirali Ford Cochin. The sales representative was good and helped me by dealing directly with the bank on many occasions. They couried invoice a couple of times directly to the bank and did it on the same day they were asked to do it. Felt comfortable with this kind of approach and sales team was friendly enough. In general
Good:
Friendly
Explains every detail and difference between different models
After sales support is good
Willing to help and assist on phone

Bad:
Non negotiable
Didn't explain vehicle in detail
Didn’t even care to explain radiator coolant and its min and max levels.
My Audio manual was missing, when I asked about it they told me that its not being bundle with the music system when its ordered separately. I guess its a bad lie.

Accessories that I bought at Ford
Fog Lamps
Door handle and ORVM body colored painting
Chrome Finish in radiator Grill
Car cover
USB Cable for Audio system

Accessories that I bought Outside
Universal floor mat
Air freshener

Figo experience

Got the car on 27th of October, its a fun to drive car. I am not myself a big driver and this is my first car too, so I am not the best person to comment about the performance and all. True opinion is its too good to drive in city and a good one to cruise on a highway. Car has now run 997KM. I love its steering and the small hissing sound that comes from the steering(I guess they are from the hydraulic pump of the power steering control). Steering feedback is good, I had drove my friends swift, swift has got a lighter steering and not a good feedback too.

What I love the most
The steering
No Turbo Lag, turbo is liner. I guess ford is using “E-Boosting” in lower RPM and switching to exhaust pressure at higher. You will feel a pull around 2500 and I guess its where the exhaust takes off from the e-Booster.
Boot space, best in its class
Auto lock @7km/hour
enough leg rooms for both front and rear passengers
Boot opening in remote
programmable remote control
If we unlock the door using remote and didn’t open the door then it automatically locks back after 45 sec.
Well sound insulated cabin.
Fog lamp/head light switch.. I don’t know why I love it.. but I love it

What I hate little
Head lights could have been more power-full
Turn indicators and Hi/Low beam on same switch. Which turns on the indicator or lane change lights when we switch from Hi to Low or Low to Hi beams.
No rear power windows
Engine noise from outside makes you feel like you are near a Truck.

Nice Review man..! Rated 5star for this. :) I am using a petrol swift and due to the recent petrol hikes made me thinking for a Diesel hatch.Please do post your first free service experience.

Congrats For your purchase of the new Figo Mr.Kuntham and welcome to TAI,nice review you have there.[thumbsup]
But the review is missing something isn't it? Pics!

BTW what is
Auto lock @7km/hour?

Thread Starter #4
Congrats For your purchase of the new Figo Mr.Kuntham and welcome to TAI,nice review you have there. [thumbsup]
But the review is missing something isn't it? Pics!

BTW what is
Will get some pics soon. I am waiting for my camera :-).

Figo Auto locks all its door once the speed reaches 7km/hour..

Nice Review man..! Rated 5star for this. :) I am using a petrol swift and due to the recent petrol hikes made me thinking for a Diesel hatch.Please do post your first free service experience.
Thanks Sankarmenon. Sure, I will post my first free service experience. it come at 2500km which I guess will happen by this month end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good review kuntham! Nice tight write-up. What it needs is some treat for eyes! Get your camera on buddy and offer a look to your 'bride' [:)]

Nice review Kuntham. All points are agreeable.

Engine noise from outside makes you feel like you are near a Truck.
BTW, are there any other Diesel Machine without this issue? It's common and not to be a concern. And most importantly, you don't really feel this inside the cabin. If A/C & Music is on, then forget it. That's all I looked at it.

After delivery of my car, I was throwing a party to my friends. It was about 1 AM, when we were set to depart, I switched her on and a friend of mine (Works for VW) yelled, is it a truck? How are you gonna manage with this sound?

I made him to sit inside and closed the doors and asked him to repeat those questions. [clap] And said, I am going to drive this car from inside and not outside.

People say whatever that comes in their mind. And many of the times, they don't even know what they are saying. It's all perceptions.

Happy Motoring Dude. [thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
Welcome to The Automotive India, Kuntham. 1,000 Kms in just a week of purchase is a high running. Good that you decided to pick the Diesel. :wink: Congrats and don't forget to post the images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
I made him to sit inside and closed the doors and asked him to repeat those questions. And said, I am going to drive this car from inside and not outside.
Yup. you are absolutely correct. the cabin is well insulated

Welcome to The Automotive India, Kuntham. 1,000 Kms in just a week of purchase is a high running. Good that you decided to pick the Diesel. :wink: Congrats and don't forget to post the images soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks. [:)] Will post the Images by this weekend

Congratulations and welcome abroad Kuntham. Figo TDCI is an excellent car and I am sure you will have really good time with it. Where are the pictures ?
Thanks. I will upload the pics soon [;)]

Top Bottom